No registration required

How to Sync with Windows 7?

OP cactusbek

23rd June 2010, 01:48 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Austin, Texas
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I picked up my Aria from AT&T last night and am trying to get it set up. I cannot sync and this may be a dealbreaker if I can't figure it out. I downloaded the latest HTC Sync (2.0.38) and debugged, but when I go to the "Connect to PC" screen, there is no option for "HTC Sync" on the phone. And, the computer shows no connection to the phone. The only options on the phone are: "Default connection type" and "Ask me".
23rd June 2010, 03:56 PM   |  #2  
Flag Long Island, NY
Thanks Meter: 33

363 posts
More
From my experience, once you have the sync software installed plug in the phone through USB and you will get 3 options on your phone to choose how to mount it. One of the 3 is HTCsync.
23rd June 2010, 06:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Austin, Texas

9 posts
Lightbulb Well, DUH
OK, I just figured out that there ARE 3 options under the first option. I'm still getting used to the way this thing works! So, I've now made it sync with my netbook with Vista. We'll see if I make it sync with Windows 7 later.
22nd April 2012, 04:57 AM   |  #4  

11 posts
More
26th April 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #5  
Flag Tolland, CT
Thanks Meter: 72

318 posts
Donate to Me
More
alternative sync
I know this is a dead thread, but at the risk of being late to the party, HTC sync sucks with Win7.

My best solution? My Phone Explorer from the play store. It's free and works like a charm with any phone (or at least the HTC and Samsung one's I've tried) and Win7. Sync to Outlook, Thunderbird, or pretty much any other windows based calendar/contacts software.

Anyway - two years later - I hope this helps!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread