Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,351 Members 41,165 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] SE X10i MM TEAM MiUI 2.3.30 ML | Android 2.3.7 | NEW: V7.1 MILESTONE!! (05.05)

Tip us?

Crashreptila21
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Thumbs up old Skumiui 1.9.16 rom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuuu View Post
Just one remark, I'm using relativelly old Skumiui 1.9.16 rom and everything work in here fast and smooth (including 8mpx camera and 720p video without lags) so what's problem with newer miui roms ? I have feeling it getting worse with new and new updates. Really can't get it. I think i will stay with it for some time :)
I search the rom, Skumiui 1.9.16, indeed, i's awesome, camera works perfect, it's fast and smooth.I think mizuuu it's right, with new updates the rom's are getting not better and faster, instead they are fill up with apps that most of we are not using.

Thanks mizuuu !
The Following User Says Thank You to Crashreptila21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

maddes1402
Old
(Last edited by maddes1402; 26th April 2012 at 12:54 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 451

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparxx4 View Post
You knows but you aint sayin lool
Is smatassv2 245 985 harm the phon for daily use ???

Sent from my X10i using XDA
Your settings are good. Smartass V2 is one of the best if not the best governer for daily use + no overclocking, so why should this harm your phone?

Quote:
Just one remark, I'm using relativelly old Skumiui 1.9.16 rom and everything work in here fast and smooth (including 8mpx camera and 720p video without lags) so what's problem with newer miui roms ? I have feeling it getting worse with new and new updates. Really can't get it. I think i will stay with it for some time :)
Sorry mate, but the question about camera has been answered by us so freaking often. In an indirect way you all expect a good, stable, smooth and fast ROM from us with as less bugs as possible which means a lot of work for us.
So: Isnīt it fair that we can expect that you guys who are thankfully interested in our work shoulder some less work as well and use the SEARCH BUTTON???

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmicDan View Post
We are doing our best to give the ROM stability and more English translations, so far we do not have 720p recording (when FXP project does, this will shortly after) but this ROM is the newest stable MiUI for X10 there is... and the reason I joined the team is because its so FAST!
Woa Dan...the new settings.....you are genius!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to maddes1402 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

CosmicDan
Old
(Last edited by CosmicDan; 26th April 2012 at 07:14 AM.) Reason: Revision
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashreptila21 View Post
I search the rom, Skumiui 1.9.16, indeed, i's awesome, camera works perfect, it's fast and smooth.I think mizuuu it's right, with new updates the rom's are getting not better and faster, instead they are fill up with apps that most of we are not using.

Thanks mizuuu !
Well if you are happy using old ROM with less features, then that is your choice - the beauty of Android is that freedom P.S., SkuMIUI ROM is no longer supported and still has bugs....
Quote:
- Data DC issue (though not as frequently)
- Theme related errors such as black text on black background (FC window)
... M&M ROM has neither bug and is still supported Because this MIUI is based on FXP it is much easier to bugtest, fix and update for us. The choice is yours but please don't accuse our ROM of being slow and bloated unless you have a suggestion to fix it

XtreamerMobile Developer

My GitHub | My Apps on AppBrain

Goodbye Xperia 2011 scene - on to greater things

Current Community Projects:
Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

mizuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well if you are happy using old ROM with less features, then that is your choice - the beauty of Android is that freedom P.S., SkuMIUI ROM is no longer supported and still has bugs....
... M&M ROM has neither bug and is still supported Because this MIUI is based on FXP it is much easier to bugtest, fix and update for us. The choice is yours but please don't accuse our ROM of being slow and bloated unless you have a suggestion to fix it
No offence Dan, this rom is great too but personally I can't find much differences between old skumiui and this one. I never had data problems nor theme issues with skumiui(first thing I did was theme change It is based on Wolf V6 which is based on stock Gingerbread rom so I would say that' the reason why it is much more bugs free. One thing which not work is manual operators registration but they are listed at least - in fxp this not work at all.

Maybe I will try to create a miui based on wolf newest rom if I have some time. it's pitty fxp has still these bugs, but if they'll be fixed this will be best rom for x10 ;)

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashreptila21 View Post

Thanks mizuuu !
Welcome :) I've tried tenths of roms and this one is actually best for me, mm is right after :) It has everything I need, is fast, stable, camera works perfectly with flashlight, no chinesse characters and I haven't encountered anydata nor theming issues.

But I'm looking forward for next mm's rom with fixed camera.

marksee
Old
(Last edited by marksee; 26th April 2012 at 10:33 AM.) Reason: added more details
Thanks Meter 13
Looking forward to v7 DD
Full report of v6-

BTW, i have many apps installed, and i constantly find that some apps that i use weekly are running in the background. Is there a way that we can set some apps so they only run when we execute command? I hate to waste cpu power on their background activities.

I find v5 to be a bit more stable than v6, because when someone calls, phone vibrates, rings, but it takes about 10 seconds for it to show who is calling. maybe it's my phone , but this was not there in v5.

Facebook has always been an issue, i think their app is just very heavy. Sometimes it crashes, but thats just facebook being facebook.

I use GoLauncher, i get random lags here and there, can't pin point why, but it might be the background apps issue.

PS I have a double battery installed from ebay!! It makes the phone fat, but it never dies after heavy use so that's a very big plus point!

Oh and GPS is such an issue! I am in North America, and it used to take minutes to connect. Someone posted earlier in this forum, a good fix, and i have been doing that, and its working great. Firstly, i got an app called "FASTERFIX" and set the region to NAM, it was set to Europe by default. Things were better from there, but still not perfect.
Then i downloaded an app called "GPS STATUS". I am unsure how it does it, but it gets a fix on the satellites in less than 10 seconds each time without fail. I then minimize it and run Google maps, and find location in it, and it takes 4-5 seconds too.
Maybe We can figure out how to inbuilt this in the rom so that we are not starting different apps to get GPS lock.

Is it possible that we can have a "sleep" feature in the phone. It would be nice to be able to switch batteries without a complete restart, although it would be hard, but i think if PCs can do it, maybe we can get phones to write session to disk and power down?

All that said, looking forward to v7!

CosmicDan
Old
(Last edited by CosmicDan; 26th April 2012 at 11:37 AM.)
Thanks Meter 3802

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No offence Dan, this rom is great too but personally I can't find much differences between old skumiui and this one. I never had data problems nor theme issues with skumiui(first thing I did was theme change It is based on Wolf V6 which is based on stock Gingerbread rom so I would say that' the reason why it is much more bugs free. One thing which not work is manual operators registration but they are listed at least - in fxp this not work at all.
No offence taken Well I always had issues with other heavily kanged MIUI's such as Oodie and Wolf, but I think this is just the nature of AOSP/kanged Android - some apps work well whereas others don't. What is "manual operators registration"? The theme issue is valid, I also don't use stock theme :P but the data issue was always present for me - must be related to my country/provider. FreeXperia is not 100% opensource yet but it will be eventually merged with official Cyanogenmod, hence as a developer why I prefer to work/use FXP based ROM's. Because Cyanogenmod 7 and (some of) MiUI is opensource it is much easier for me to track, find and fix bugs. But yes I understand, each to their own I have just tried a lot of the MiUI roms for X10 (there are way too many on here...) and found this to be the best for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marksee View Post
BTW, i have many apps installed, and i constantly find that some apps that i use weekly are running in the background. Is there a way that we can set some apps so they only run when we execute command? I hate to waste cpu power on their background activities.
This is the way gingerbread works. Apps are put into "background" priority and, if needed in very low memory, they will be fully terminated. It actually saves battery and CPU power keeping these tasks idle-running. If you don't want them staying open and you can see they are actually eating CPU and you can confirm it with a modern process monitor like e.g. System Panel, it is probably a bug with the app.

Quote:
I find v5 to be a bit more stable than v6, because when someone calls, phone vibrates, rings, but it takes about 10 seconds for it to show who is calling. maybe it's my phone , but this was not there in v5.
I've noticed this too in v6. The lagfree script in this ROM also has a major bug. I think the telephony services are at a lower priority than they need to be, we will work on this.

Quote:
I use GoLauncher, i get random lags here and there, can't pin point why, but it might be the background apps issue.
I've used Go Launcher for a long time myself and it is extremely heavy on resources. I have since switched back to my old favorite of ADW Launcher Ex but have not had a chance to test it. It is very possible that the slow-wake from a call is caused by this! But it is probably more likely the very aggressive memory settings for high performance we have on V6. BTW, MiUI project goals are to create a ROM where you don't use 3rd party launchers/sms/dialer apps, hence the "Manage Permissions" feature and default of Block Phone State settings. It's all on their official site (albeit, in Chinese)

Quote:
Oh and GPS is such an issue! I am in North America, and it used to take minutes to connect. Someone posted earlier in this forum, a good fix, and i have been doing that, and its working great. Firstly, i got an app called "FASTERFIX" and set the region to NAM, it was set to Europe by default. Things were better from there, but still not perfect.Then i downloaded an app called "GPS STATUS". I am unsure how it does it, but it gets a fix on the satellites in less than 10 seconds each time without fail. I then minimize it and run Google maps, and find location in it, and it takes 4-5 seconds too. Maybe We can figure out how to inbuilt this in the rom so that we are not starting different apps to get GPS lock.
Haha... I am the one who reported these two apps We are working on created an integrated solution. The Aroma installer will allow the user to select their GPS region. The reason why GPS Status speeds things up is because it downloads fresh A-GPS data relative to your region. These will be included in later versions, but GPS Status is still a very good app to have.

Quote:
Is it possible that we can have a "sleep" feature in the phone. It would be nice to be able to switch batteries without a complete restart, although it would be hard, but i think if PCs can do it, maybe we can get phones to write session to disk and power down?
I think that's impossible due to hardware limitations. Even in clockworkmod recovery, if you have the charger plugged in and pull the battery out it will shut off. Some HTC's and Galaxy S on the other hand will stay powered on. If it is possible, I wouldn't know - you would have to beg a veteran X10 kernel developer for that Implementing a "Hibernate" mode in a phone that's two years old - let alone a current one - is a HUGE task and I don't think anybody would be interested to spend their time on that to be honest

XtreamerMobile Developer

My GitHub | My Apps on AppBrain

Goodbye Xperia 2011 scene - on to greater things

Current Community Projects:
Turbo Tools - Suspended
TBA...

The Following User Says Thank You to CosmicDan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ksd886
Old
Thanks Meter 11

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Thanks and one bug

Thanks for M&M's team give us such a good Rom.It's not only fast but also convenient and beautify
This is my bug when I use v6 :when I open some app like uc7.9 it will turn black for a while don't show the start animation. I hope yours can solve this problem thanks again
PS:I can't post here yesterday but I can today . so happy and I must be the first to offer I worship team to say thank you hehe

sparxx4
Old
Thanks Meter 267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksd886 View Post
Thanks for M&M's team give us such a good Rom.It's not only fast but also convenient and beautify
This is my bug when I use v6 :when I open some app like uc7.9 it will turn black for a while don't show the start animation. I hope yours can solve this problem thanks again
PS:I can't post here yesterday but I can today . so happy and I must be the first to offer I worship team to say thank you hehe
i can confirm this bug too !! sometimes the screen turn black and white led turn on ,, then the phon reboot !
any ideas ??
Hit me a thanks if i helped you
[COLOR="rgb(139, 0, 0)"]Xperian TeAm[/COLOR]
http://im33.gulfup.com/oFEHY.png

mizuuu
Old
Thanks Meter 26

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No offence taken Well I always had issues with other heavily kanged MIUI's such as Oodie and Wolf, but I think this is just the nature of AOSP/kanged Android - some apps work well whereas others don't. What is "manual operators registration"? The theme issue is valid, I also don't use stock theme :P but the data issue was always present for me - must be related to my country/provider. FreeXperia is not 100% opensource yet but it will be eventually merged with official Cyanogenmod, hence as a developer why I prefer to work/use FXP based ROM's. Because Cyanogenmod 7 and (some of) MiUI is opensource it is much easier for me to track, find and fix bugs. But yes I understand, each to their own I have just tried a lot of the MiUI roms for X10 (there are way too many on here...) and found this to be the best for me.
Normally your phone registers automatically to your home network and when the network is not available - e.g. you are abroad or in an area with no signal from your home operator. In this case phone will switch to the strongest available network. So then you have no possibility to select a preffered network. In settings there is an option to manually select a preffered networks. However, in cm7.2 based roms this ends with an error and message "error while searching for networks". Just try it and you will see. In skimuiu search work but you are not able to register into selected network. Don't know why, there is only a spinning wheel saying "registering to a xxx network", but that's all. It's not so big problem but would be noce to have if this is fixed. It could be problem if you live near border with other country and phone can offen and unnoticeably switch to roaming and then you can be very surprised if you get an invoice at end of mind :)

marksee
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Thanks CosmicDan, i owe you one! GPS was a big issue for my phone. Although it still takes a couple of clicks, im just happy i can get hold of the satelites in under 30 seconds and navigate to places!

You mentioned this will be fixed in later versions... just curious, will v7 have something to tackle this? It would be great if it does, but even if it does not, im still happy w/ GPS Status work around.

I read earlier that you joined M&M team too, great! i'm looking forward to all you guys updates eagerly!!!!

I have 5 X10 phones that i update, between friends and family, we all love the M&M Rom. I have given them V5, and myself V6, hopefully i will be able to give them all V7.

Quote:

This is the way gingerbread works. Apps are put into "background" priority and, if needed in very low memory, they will be fully terminated. It actually saves battery and CPU power keeping these tasks idle-running. If you don't want them staying open and you can see they are actually eating CPU and you can confirm it with a modern process monitor like e.g. System Panel, it is probably a bug with the app.

I've noticed this too in v6. The lagfree script in this ROM also has a major bug. I think the telephony services are at a lower priority than they need to be, we will work on this.

I've used Go Launcher for a long time myself and it is extremely heavy on resources. I have since switched back to my old favorite of ADW Launcher Ex but have not had a chance to test it. It is very possible that the slow-wake from a call is caused by this! But it is probably more likely the very aggressive memory settings for high performance we have on V6. BTW, MiUI project goals are to create a ROM where you don't use 3rd party launchers/sms/dialer apps, hence the "Manage Permissions" feature and default of Block Phone State settings. It's all on their official site (albeit, in Chinese)

Haha... I am the one who reported these two apps We are working on created an integrated solution. The Aroma installer will allow the user to select their GPS region. The reason why GPS Status speeds things up is because it downloads fresh A-GPS data relative to your region. These will be included in later versions, but GPS Status is still a very good app to have.

I think that's impossible due to hardware limitations. Even in clockworkmod recovery, if you have the charger plugged in and pull the battery out it will shut off. Some HTC's and Galaxy S on the other hand will stay powered on. If it is possible, I wouldn't know - you would have to beg a veteran X10 kernel developer for that Implementing a "Hibernate" mode in a phone that's two years old - let alone a current one - is a HUGE task and I don't think anybody would be interested to spend their time on that to be honest