Tip us?

newmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Here's my story with the 5 vibes of death :

- Rooted & S-off
- SDcard (FAT32) is accessible
- USB still works
- downloaded the "deathfix" (flash_image & mtd-eng.img), ran the command from Terminal Emulator
- upon rebooting, it's always getting the 5 vibes
- it's also always getting the 5 vibes everytime I go to recovery menu from Hboot/Clockwork

any ideas??

BrettApple
Old
Thanks Meter 124
I experienced this a few weeks ago after flashing CM9 alpha. I did the terminal commands and they weren't working, but then I flashed back to CM7 and ran them there, and upon reboot it worked fine and was back to S-OFF. I did have to unlock my boot loader again, but I already had the key and did that right after fixing it anyway.

The guide I used is HERE.

@newmachine, when you go into hboot is it still S-OFF? And what ROM are you using to run the terminal commands in?

iPhone 5 (64GB); iPhone 4S; iPhone 4 CDMA; iPad mini; iPod touch 4G;
Mid 2010 15" MacBook Pro; Early 2008 "BlackBook"; looking for my next Android device

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefyocum View Post
I think we need a support group. Flashers anonymous. We might draw the wrong crowd though.

newmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettApple View Post
@newmachine, when you go into hboot is it still S-OFF? And what ROM are you using to run the terminal commands in?
Yes, it's still S-off, I'm on stock Gingerbread.
I was using the same guide from that link you posted.

clambert11
Old
(Last edited by clambert11; 26th April 2012 at 01:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmachine View Post
Yes, it's still S-off, I'm on stock Gingerbread.
I was using the same guide from that link you posted.
I'm sure this is what you did but I've fixed this problem a few times. After the second time I just threw my steps into Evernote. This is what I have (taken from here so it's probably what you did).

1) Enter HBOOT and go into FASTBOOT
2) With the phone connected to a PC that runs adb, type in fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
3) That should give you access to the SD Card, so boot into Recovery and restore a backup before the problem occurred
4) Unplug the PC and reboot. When the splash screen comes up, quickly plug the phone into the PC
5) Open Connectbot and type in the following commands after the phone boots:

su
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
cat /sdcard/mtd-eng.img > /data/mtd-eng.img
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image misc /data/mtd-eng.img
reboot

6) If the phone still is vibrating, remove & install the battery one last time

Hand76
Old
Thanks Meter 122
So what cause this? I think this happened to me once and I think doing a battery pull let me get back into recovery and reload another rom which fixed it.

BlindDude
Old
(Last edited by BlindDude; 28th April 2012 at 02:31 AM.) Reason: added radio flash
Thanks Meter 8
I have tried and tried this and it doesn't work for me
I have access to the sd card but I did the adb thing anyway.
I typed all that stuff into terminal emulator and rebooted. Still 5 vibrates.
I have installed 3 different roms, and did the terminal thing but still 5 vibrates.
The only thing consistent is, when the phone has the battery removed long enough for everything to cool down a little, the phone works. But as soon as I get it booted and browse/install apps and mess around with it, it gets a little warm(not hot at all) and shuts off and vibrates 5 times.
I am glad this method worked for alot of people but it does NOT work for me.
I am about to throw this phone down on the concrete as hard as I can.

Oh, and I flashed another radio too(saw that somewhere), nothing fixes this phone

newmachine
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
I have tried and tried this and it doesn't work for me
I have access to the sd card but I did the adb thing anyway.
I typed all that stuff into terminal emulator and rebooted. Still 5 vibrates.
I have installed 3 different roms, and did the terminal thing but still 5 vibrates.
The only thing consistent is, when the phone has the battery removed long enough for everything to cool down a little, the phone works. But as soon as I get it booted and browse/install apps and mess around with it, it gets a little warm(not hot at all) and shuts off and vibrates 5 times.
Oh, and I flashed another radio too(saw that somewhere), nothing fixes this phone
That's exactly the same as mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindDude View Post
I am glad this method worked for alot of people but it does NOT work for me.
I am about to throw this phone down on the concrete as hard as I can.
And that's exactly how I feel.....

tylerwagler
Old
(Last edited by tylerwagler; 11th May 2012 at 06:52 PM.) Reason: added RUU attempt results
Thanks Meter 6
I may need some assistance with this.

I can get to HBOOT and FASTBOOT but enabling the SDCARD commands results in <Waiting for device> .

Regularly booting the phone just results in a bootloop. Selecting recovery immediatly reboots.

Putting the PB31IMG on the SDCARD and booting into HBOOT results in the phone not recognizing the zip.

I'm stuck.

The latest RUU went through all steps and completed, but i'm still in a boot loop.
theGootee.com

aceajoy
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default evo 4g

so i've looked EVERYWHERE for a solution like this, here is my problem,
my phone is also doing the 5 vibrate and black screen thing,
i can actually get it to reboot if i wait a while after it does it tho, i can also get into recovery, usb works fine, and sd card reads perfectly,
here's where it gets tricky,
I'm on an evo 4g, but same exact problem, i wanted to try the terminal emulator part with the death fix zip to see if that would fix my problem, but i wanted to ask first if i could use the same zip since it's a different phone, if not, is there any way you could make one for the evo 4g? since this is the ONE and ONLY solution i've found for this problem, everyone else has just given up on it, and unfortunately i'm way out of my warranty, i even called htc and played the douche bag character to see if i could get them to replace it, but they said i'm too far off my warranty already. thanks in advance

(oh and in case it matters, i've flashed stock ruu's, changed roms, and now i'm back to stock rom) and it does it rooted and unrooted

raybox595
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 3
Thinks, helpful

Tags
5 vibrate, black screen, sd card won't mount, usb broken