[Q] Weak GPS signal, long satellite search [SOLVED]

106 posts
Thanks Meter: 15

Post Reply Email Thread
25th April 2012, 09:25 AM |#21  
Flag Bristol
Thanks Meter: 1,622

More
This was being discussed in another thread as well. The bottom two connectors are the mobile TX & RX, so could one of you guys who have made this change please confirm if everything else on the phone still works - e.g. can you make/receive phone calls, use mobile data etc?

25th April 2012, 07:38 PM |#22  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 1,942

Donate to Me
More
I can confirm that solution from Forwox helped in my Desire S too!
Unbelievable and i don't know why, but it works.
I did a phone call today and had mobile/wifi connection. Didn't notice a difference to before.
The Following User Says Thank You to old.splatterhand For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift old.splatterhand Ad-Free
25th April 2012, 07:51 PM |#23  
Flag Austria, NOT Australia ;)
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.TS.HTC

This was being discussed in another thread as well. The bottom two connectors are the mobile TX & RX, so could one of you guys who have made this change please confirm if everything else on the phone still works - e.g. can you make/receive phone calls, use mobile data etc?

I haven't tested fix yet, but network signal is strength as before (using network signal to check)!

Network signal decreases only when the small one of the two pins isn't connected to the backside of my device!

Please post thread-title, may the have found out other solutions too!?
25th April 2012, 10:15 PM |#24  
Flag Bristol

More
Mouzzza,

It ws on the Reaper ROM thread. Started with enigmaamit referring somebody to this thread at post #1566 and went from there.
25th April 2012, 10:29 PM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dloulou

So all you have to do, is make sure that one pin can't make contact?
But why did they put it there?
That is very strange!

Yes, just like that. This is something really very odd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon.TS.HTC

I can approve that incoming, outgoing calls are working the same well as they were before the fix. Still I haven't tested mobile internet, but I assume it will do well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by old.splatterhand

I can confirm that solution from Forwox helped in my Desire S too!
Unbelievable and i don't know why, but it works.
I did a phone call today and had mobile/wifi connection. Didn't notice a difference to before.

Nice to hear, glad it helped also for you. HTC must be really sorry for such issues, because looks like it happens massively.
26th April 2012, 02:13 AM |#26  
Flag Beograd
Thanks Meter: 20

More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forwox

Finally, GPS works great! I simple applied 2 layers of double side tape on contact to isolate it from back cover. Now everything works fine. Few months of managing and works great, I didn't notice such changes before.

Another contact stays for signal receiving.

Sir, i salute you... This is craziest stunt i ever seen someone try... If you aim to improve reception, why would you insulate contact?!?!?

This hack working is proof that try-and-fail approach yields better results than ground-up!

Thank you very much, in my book, you sir, are genius!
The Following User Says Thank You to nenad_l For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nenad_l Ad-Free
26th April 2012, 04:13 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Perhaps they tested it without the backcover or they made a last minute change?

It's very strange, but it works.
26th April 2012, 09:25 AM |#28  
Flag Bristol

More
In theory this should not work, in practice it does.

This appears to be the perfect justification of one of Albert Einstein's most famous quotes;-
Quote:

“In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.”

26th April 2012, 01:37 PM |#29  
Flag Purgatory, Hades Cluster
Thanks Meter: 1,473

More
LoL... @tiktok1, what say? Willing to give it a spin yet?
29th April 2012, 11:23 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Riga

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nenad_l

Sir, i salute you... This is craziest stunt i ever seen someone try... If you aim to improve reception, why would you insulate contact?!?!?

This hack working is proof that try-and-fail approach yields better results than ground-up!

Thank you very much, in my book, you sir, are genius!

Well, I am looking forward doing that. Just need to make some little research before it I assume.
But still I am very curious how does everything bound together. If anybody else has some information about this, he could let me/us know.

But how many faulty HTC Desire S devices are around with this problem? It might be a really massive fail on this model line.
29th April 2012, 09:50 PM |#31  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Saturn III
Thanks Meter: 1,942

Donate to Me
More
In germany there are many threads/posts about weak GPS signal and this was the only bad thing on my Desire s.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
bad, gps, hardware, problem, signal

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)