OP xlr8shun

19th April 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 25

131 posts
More
so i have noticed something weird..

my GF's b-day is this friday (4-20). when she happend to call me earlier today i noticed on her contact picture there was a small birthday cake icon and text that said "tomorrow".

today being 4-18 and her birthday not until 2 days from now i wondered what was going on. so i went to the contact app and tried to verify her birthday, only i couldnt find a field to set her birthday. failing that, i went to the calendar app and it says, and has an event marked on 4-20 for her birthday.

has anyone else noticed this on their phones? the contact notification reports 1 day earlier than supposed to? i have verified that the contact information is correct in exchange. i dont sync contacts with any other service other than exchange, i do howerver sync with multiple exchange accounts.

edit> the calendar entry is probably from exchange but i cant be sure, which may indicate why it is set correctly on the calendar app.

i have searched google and noticed the same complaint (although much older complaints) but most of those people were syncing with facebook *shrugs*
Last edited by xlr8shun; 19th April 2012 at 02:28 AM. Reason: more info
19th April 2012, 02:35 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 3,995

1,644 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun

so i have noticed something weird..

my GF's b-day is this friday (4-20). when she happend to call me earlier today i noticed on her contact picture there was a small birthday cake icon and text that said "tomorrow".

today being 4-18 and her birthday not until 2 days from now i wondered what was going on. so i went to the contact app and tried to verify her birthday, only i couldnt find a field to set her birthday. failing that, i went to the calendar app and it says, and has an event marked on 4-20 for her birthday.

has anyone else noticed this on their phones? the contact notification reports 1 day earlier than supposed to? i have verified that the contact information is correct in exchange. i dont sync contacts with any other service other than exchange, i do howerver sync with multiple exchange accounts.

edit> the calendar entry is probably from exchange but i cant be sure, which may indicate why it is set correctly on the calendar app.

i have searched google and noticed the same complaint (although much older complaints) but most of those people were syncing with facebook *shrugs*

Care to tell us which ROM you are using?
19th April 2012, 02:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 128

512 posts
More
I had a similar experience on mine but it wasnt limited to birthdays. An event would show up a day earlier or later (I cant remember).

Last week or so, I randomly came across an article that said there had been a bug on some samsung phones that caused this issue when an event was added to the calendar as an "all day event." or birthdays now, I add it to the individual contact and it shows up in the calendar without this issue.
19th April 2012, 02:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Newkirk

Care to tell us which ROM you are using?

i am using unnamed 2.2.1

however i have seen complaints of people on other phones notice this also.. only most of the complaints i see were very old, thought this might have been fixed by now? dunno...
19th April 2012, 02:29 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man

I had a similar experience on mine but it wasnt limited to birthdays. An event would show up a day earlier or later (I cant remember).

Last week or so, I randomly came across an article that said there had been a bug on some samsung phones that caused this issue when an event was added to the calendar as an "all day event." or birthdays now, I add it to the individual contact and it shows up in the calendar without this issue.

yeah my calendar event is showing correctly also, however it tells me it starts at 11pm *shrugs* i verified in exchange there is no time associated to the birthday

this is what i see:

shows correctly on 4-20

\

shows incorrectly on 4-19
19th April 2012, 05:45 PM   |  #6  
Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 503

1,096 posts
Donate to Me
More
A 4-20 bday? Lucky girl

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
20th April 2012, 03:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member
Orlando, FL

131 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbeitz

A 4-20 bday? Lucky girl

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

ha, yes.. yes i am.. i mean, she is

she of course has her birthday off, so we're celebrating early..
The Following User Says Thank You to xlr8shun For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 02:19 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 112

731 posts
I just noticed the same issue on my.phone. stock/rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #9  
Flag Philly
Thanks Meter: 1,481

2,064 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hope you don't need your phone to remember her birthday

Sent from my AT&T I777 running AOKP build 3X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
birthday, contacts, notifcation