Post Reply

MB865 Indian Retail Firmware FXZ/SBF is out now. Any Devs here??

24th April 2012, 08:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Hi guys, those who are looking Indian Retail firmware here it is:

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

I confirm this is exact Retail version we have on our phones in India.

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far.
Last edited by raj_sh06; 24th April 2012 at 08:19 AM. Reason: Wrong link posted
The Following User Says Thank You to raj_sh06 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #2  
Senior Member
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 399
 
655 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it . It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features .

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cogeary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 07:37 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
35 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogeary

Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it . It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features .

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).

Call recording? Interesting. Indian ROM doesn't have this function. Ever since I moved away from Nokia (years ago), I always missed this thing in Android. Would really look forward to your ROM. And yes, Indian and US hardware is exactly same, even model no. is same, so they can use each other's ROM, tried AT&T ROM on my Indian model and it works flawlessly, if only AT&T crap and restrictions were not there. Patiently waiting for your ROM. Gonna be very popular I believe.
25th April 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #4  
daavvis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,097
 
1,552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_sh06

Hi guys, those who are looking Indian Retail firmware here it is:

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

I confirm this is exact Retail version we have on our phones in India.

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far.

Which build is this looks like 2.3.5.... ill downgrade for no blur (or even if no bloatware means only no at&t shat.....) ;)



Nvmnd this IS DEF what I been looking for I just didn't know it.... what would happen if I just flashed this factory?
Sent from my MB865 using XDA
Last edited by daavvis; 25th April 2012 at 03:07 PM.
25th April 2012, 03:23 PM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Flag white city oregon
Thanks Meter: 174
 
886 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2011
Donate to Me
More
Try it and let me know....lol i wanna know too

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
25th April 2012, 05:23 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
25 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Exclamation Motolounge???
Does the above Stock Indian firmware have motolounge integrated to it? So that we can enjoy the free EA games.
25th April 2012, 05:30 PM   |  #7  
daavvis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,097
 
1,552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99017d

Try it and let me know....lol i wanna know too

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

My friend who is also a member here and knows much more than I advises me that it would work except service most likely.... however.......... I am curently testing a Tom he arts for us atrix 2 people (he doesn't have one) and this was the real piece he needed... ill let u all know when its ready for the masses....



On another note.....

How about bootloader unlock possibilities does this ron change anything?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
25th April 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #8  
sknight13602's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag manlius
Thanks Meter: 37
 
237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_sh06

Hi guys, those who are looking Indian Retail firmware here it is:

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

I confirm this is exact Retail version we have on our phones in India.

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far.


any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?
The Following User Says Thank You to sknight13602 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th April 2012, 11:19 PM   |  #9  
daavvis's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 2,097
 
1,552 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Donate to Me
More
Angry
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight13602

any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?

woohoo!!!! another SN production on the way!!! no more gross cwm backups!!!!! hahaha
26th April 2012, 01:20 AM   |  #10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 458
 
163 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Don't forget to thank my old friend Skrilax_CZ for hosting the files on his site. We have indeed been partners-in-crime since the old days at M3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daywalker04 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes