Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,962 Members 50,129 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MB865 Indian Retail Firmware FXZ/SBF is out now. Any Devs here??

Tip us?

raj_sh06
Old
(Last edited by raj_sh06; 24th April 2012 at 08:19 AM.) Reason: Wrong link posted
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Default MB865 Indian Retail Firmware FXZ/SBF is out now. Any Devs here??

Hi guys, those who are looking Indian Retail firmware here it is:

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

I confirm this is exact Retail version we have on our phones in India.

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far.
The Following User Says Thank You to raj_sh06 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cogeary
Old
Thanks Meter 399
Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it . It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features .

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cogeary For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

raj_sh06
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogeary View Post
Count me in.

I'm currently working on getting a 100% functional ME865 ROM working on the A2 because it is also much less restricted and has features like call recording, call/sms blocking, and native screenshot features. However I think that a ROM based off the Indian MB865 would be more stable on our AT&T A2 so I'd like to try it . It won't be too hard to get a stock, rooted, deodexed ROM out of the fxz and then I'll see if I can add in some the the ME865's extra features .

I'm downloading the fxz now on super-slow internet. I'll flash tonight and see what I can do (time permitting).
Call recording? Interesting. Indian ROM doesn't have this function. Ever since I moved away from Nokia (years ago), I always missed this thing in Android. Would really look forward to your ROM. And yes, Indian and US hardware is exactly same, even model no. is same, so they can use each other's ROM, tried AT&T ROM on my Indian model and it works flawlessly, if only AT&T crap and restrictions were not there. Patiently waiting for your ROM. Gonna be very popular I believe.

daavvis
Old
(Last edited by daavvis; 25th April 2012 at 03:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2,096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_sh06 View Post

Download "5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip" from http://sbf.droid-developers.org/edison/list.php

Now any devs here who can please create a custom ROM based on this? For those who don't know, Indian firmware doesn't have any restrictions like AT&T. Hotspot, network selection, *#*#4636#*#* menu all work absolutely fine, no bloatware or AT&T crap either. Indian hardware works fine with AT&T firmware so AT&T hardware should work with Indian ROM as well, with no issues.

I request any Devs here to please make a custom ROM out of this Indian firmware. Once it is properly tweaked and modded I know it will be best and most popular ROM for our beloved Atrix 2 so far.
Which build is this looks like 2.3.5.... ill downgrade for no blur (or even if no bloatware means only no at&t shat.....) ;)

Nvmnd this IS DEF what I been looking for I just didn't know it.... what would happen if I just flashed this factory?
Sent from my MB865 using XDA

matt99017d
Old
Thanks Meter 169

DONATE TO ME
Try it and let me know....lol i wanna know too

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

rukesh18
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Motolounge???

Does the above Stock Indian firmware have motolounge integrated to it? So that we can enjoy the free EA games.

daavvis
Old
Thanks Meter 2,096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt99017d View Post
Try it and let me know....lol i wanna know too

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
My friend who is also a member here and knows much more than I advises me that it would work except service most likely.... however.......... I am curently testing a Tom he arts for us atrix 2 people (he doesn't have one) and this was the real piece he needed... ill let u all know when its ready for the masses....

On another note.....

How about bootloader unlock possibilities does this ron change anything?

Sent from my MB865 using XDA

sknight13602
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_sh06 View Post

any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?
Sent from my rezound
Rom: Sense 4.0
The Following User Says Thank You to sknight13602 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daavvis
Old
Thanks Meter 2,096

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight13602 View Post
any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?
woohoo!!!! another SN production on the way!!! no more gross cwm backups!!!!! hahaha

daywalker04
Old
Thanks Meter 452
Don't forget to thank my old friend Skrilax_CZ for hosting the files on his site. We have indeed been partners-in-crime since the old days at M3.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daywalker04 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]