Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,243 Members 53,266 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

FYI CWM With latest .14 ICS release

Tip us?

NoSudo
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by paronowitz View Post
I went throught the process to root and install unlocked bootloader after upgrading from stock hc to stock 14 ics build. Everything seemed to work well untill trying to install CWM.

EVerytime I rebooted to try to get into CWM I got the old recovery. It seems I had to rename install-recovery.sh. However when I tried to rename with term emu apparently the easy root method no longer works and system remained ro. In order to resolve I had to mount -o remount, rw /system/ then rename install-recovery, then re-run the cwm script.
It sounds like you may want to just execute the commands by hand. The script will make assumptions that may not hold true for your current configuration.

Look HERE

Check out the Eew245's root method. It give you the most control since you do it by hand. If you don't have adb you can use the one supplied in the ZeroNull easy unlock package(careful to not run the scripts at the wrong time and such though). Anyway Im out of time today. It sounds like as others have said you probably just need to

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.BAK

Then reflash cwm if you overwrote recovery when you updated.
Tablet: Acer Iconia A100 unlocked cwm FlexReaper ROM and Hulu enabled

Need help figuring out how to customize your Acer A100/101? Look here for Help

Author of Flashex 2.05 (Enables watching Hulu and others in browser by hex-editing libflashplayer.so file from AND back to WIN, then copies it back to Abobe Flash and checks Adobe Flash for updates, and will re-edit libflashplayer.so when a new version is detected. Compatible with ANY Flash version and any device that can run it )

paronowitz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSudo View Post
It sounds like you may want to just execute the commands by hand. The script will make assumptions that may not hold true for your current configuration.

Look HERE

Check out the Eew245's root method. It give you the most control since you do it by hand. If you don't have adb you can use the one supplied in the ZeroNull easy unlock package(careful to not run the scripts at the wrong time and such though). Anyway Im out of time today. It sounds like as others have said you probably just need to

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.BAK

Then reflash cwm if you overwrote recovery when you updated.

That's exactly what I had to do.

NoSudo
Old
(Last edited by NoSudo; 26th April 2012 at 03:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 84
edit - miss-post