FYI CWM With latest .14 ICS release

OP paronowitz

25th April 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #11  
Flag Kalifornia
Thanks Meter: 84

188 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by paronowitz

I went throught the process to root and install unlocked bootloader after upgrading from stock hc to stock 14 ics build. Everything seemed to work well untill trying to install CWM.

EVerytime I rebooted to try to get into CWM I got the old recovery. It seems I had to rename install-recovery.sh. However when I tried to rename with term emu apparently the easy root method no longer works and system remained ro. In order to resolve I had to mount -o remount, rw /system/ then rename install-recovery, then re-run the cwm script.

It sounds like you may want to just execute the commands by hand. The script will make assumptions that may not hold true for your current configuration.

Look HERE

Check out the Eew245's root method. It give you the most control since you do it by hand. If you don't have adb you can use the one supplied in the ZeroNull easy unlock package(careful to not run the scripts at the wrong time and such though). Anyway Im out of time today. It sounds like as others have said you probably just need to

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.BAK

Then reflash cwm if you overwrote recovery when you updated.
26th April 2012, 01:22 AM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSudo

It sounds like you may want to just execute the commands by hand. The script will make assumptions that may not hold true for your current configuration.

Look HERE

Check out the Eew245's root method. It give you the most control since you do it by hand. If you don't have adb you can use the one supplied in the ZeroNull easy unlock package(careful to not run the scripts at the wrong time and such though). Anyway Im out of time today. It sounds like as others have said you probably just need to

su
mount -o remount,rw /system
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.BAK

Then reflash cwm if you overwrote recovery when you updated.

That's exactly what I had to do.
26th April 2012, 03:45 AM   |  #13  
Flag Kalifornia
Thanks Meter: 84

188 posts
edit - miss-post
Last edited by NoSudo; 26th April 2012 at 03:37 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread