Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,406 Members 42,382 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

How to root your HTC One S (for Windows, Mac and Linux)

Tip us?

jammysunny
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I replied my problem one week ago....the same to me, doing a reboot, it stays on white screen with some warnings like "this is only experimental....", so I must back to bootloader to do a superboot again to have a fully functional S...
My problem was, that I did this mistake, to use superboot from One X.....but aul told me to solve this problem....before solving it, I donnt wanna risk recovery or something else....

Komadyret
Old
Thanks Meter 50
Unlocked and rooted.
Thanks a lot Paul.

Biggest challenge in this was to get the phone to bootloader-mode. Had to try 8-10 times both for the unlock and the rooting before successful

Now I'm ready to set up my phone as i like it
My One: Unlocked and rooted (somewhat)

My home on the interwebz:
http://www.411overkill.com
If it doesn't overclock... it's broken

jammysunny
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Hi Paul, should I unroot my Device and flash stockrom to kill this worst effect?
And how can I flash stockroom? Must I Relock Bootloader before or shall I let it unlocked?

cliff0796
Old
Thanks Meter 2
How do you backup a recovery, Mine say that my recovery is CWM 5.8.2.3, when I flash this and then go to bootloader then recovery the phone just restarts, I have no nandroid backup.

azzledazzle
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2020

DONATE TO ME
How do you mean back up a recovery ? You just keep the file that you downloaded and flashed through ADB - That is your recovery..

suhailtheboss
Old
Thanks Meter 75
just to let everyone know, it worked on my TMO USA version flawlessly.

still have yet to flash CWM till i hear someone has got it going with no issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to suhailtheboss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bxrxyxaxn
Old
(Last edited by Bxrxyxaxn; 25th April 2012 at 11:22 PM.)
Thanks Meter 11
Thanx gonna try asap

did the toolkit step by step...got token id nd it did the rest on its own, flashed recovery then flashed this...thanx got it now !!

nickmv
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Paul, I followed your guide, followed the link to r3 superboot and got the following results:

first SU flash attempt -- didnt do anything, said downloading boot, booting, and nothing was different. No root

SECOND flash attempt - said downloading boot, booting, but this time, the HTC boot screen gave me some warning about development mode, and when I was done booting, I had root.

I also now have "tampered" in my bootloader. Did I miss something here? I've got root, but I'm curious about the tampered AND the message about dev mode.

puiutzuusa
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
Default help!!!

can anyone post a mirror, no disrespect, but the download link is under maintenance.......thank you for your trouble

jaedolla
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Default mirror

can some one please post a mirror until his link is online again. thanks!
PHONE: T-Mobile HTC One S
ANDROID BUILD: Zydroid Latest....