Nova Launcher Update Brings Lollipop Functionality and Feel

One of the most popular third party launcher on Android, Nova Launcher, has just … more

Check Your I/O Usage with Iotop for Android

Ever needed to check the I/O usage of apps? If so, you probably tried searching for an iotop … more

T-Mobile HTC One M8 Gets Selfie-Friendly Android 4.4.4 OTA

The T-Mobie variant of HTC One (M8) just now received an over-the-air update … more

Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

[Q]Data & APN on funny sim (CM9)

OP cobra4014

26th April 2012, 12:25 AM   |  #31  
Flag Dunbar
Thanks Meter: 3

21 posts
More
OK, I think I may see what the problem is. That file doesn't exist on my phone after the update. There's one called "apns-conf.xml" in system/etc, but that looks like a master list of APNs, not my current config.

I added my APN in on the Access Point Names screen, then hit Menu and Save, but it didn't save, so now I'm not sure what to try.
Jrhodes85
26th April 2012, 01:13 AM   |  #32  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
What rom are you using, which baseband, and do you have T-Mobile USA

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 01:24 AM   |  #33  
Flag Dunbar

21 posts
More
Now, I'm using HepHappy's ROM, with the new baseband, and kind of. I have Wal-Mart Family Mobile, but they use the T-Mobile network.
Jrhodes85
26th April 2012, 01:29 AM   |  #34  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Yeah I'm using the same rom but my data works..I'm on v20g and I have T-Mobile contract..try Googling Walmart phone apn

Sent from my LG-P500 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 02:12 AM   |  #35  
Flag Dunbar

21 posts
More
I have the APN info, I can't get my phone to let me save it. So my connection works, I just don't have any way of getting data to work.
27th April 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #36  
Flag SouthWest Florida
Thanks Meter: 74

444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YmerejO42

I have the APN info, I can't get my phone to let me save it. So my connection works, I just don't have any way of getting data to work.

Try flashing to a Rom and base band that you know works.. Go to market, download apn backup, and make a backup of the apn..
Then, get back to good ROM and restore that baked up apn.

Sound like the walmart sim might be different from the standard t mobile Sim cards...

I'm using t mob prepaid, and have a simple Sim i can test with also..
everything works fine. I have a feeling that something about the Walmart Sim the way it saves data is throwing it off. :/

Should just get the t mob prepaid unlimited for thirty bucks.. 100 mins, unlmt txt/data (4g up to 5gb)

Not a bad deal

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
27th April 2012, 03:24 PM   |  #37  
Flag Dunbar

21 posts
More
Wal-Mart My Family Mobile gets us 4 phones for $108, unlimited everything except data, and right now they're running a special where we get that, too. Of course, it helps that one of the people on the account was a Wal-Mart employee, so we got 33% off of the entire account.

Right now, my phone doesn't connect on data anyway, there's some sort of problem with the account, so no ROM can connect. I was staying with Mik's in case they get it fixed, but they keep saying that I need a new SIM card, they can't sell me one over the phone or Internet, and the closest store that carries replacement SIM cards is 100 miles away, so screw that. So I'm just hoping that when my data reactivates, it'll show even with me using the ROM I am now.
28th April 2012, 06:07 PM   |  #38  
Flag Dunbar

21 posts
More
Going back to the stock ROM, and tonight or tomorrow I'm going to get the new SIM card, I'll just pay the $15 extra. If that gets data working, then I'll do the APN backup and re-upgrade to HepHappy's and see if it works with it. If so, all is good.

Although it would certainly be nice to have a functional camera, but I know that they're working on that issue.
30th April 2012, 08:13 AM   |  #39  
Flag SouthWest Florida
Thanks Meter: 74

444 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by YmerejO42

Going back to the stock ROM, and tonight or tomorrow I'm going to get the new SIM card, I'll just pay the $15 extra. If that gets data working, then I'll do the APN backup and re-upgrade to HepHappy's and see if it works with it. If so, all is

Hey, that sounds like a plan :]
keep us posted if it works or not.. That's a really good deal for a phone, might just get one for my ma..

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA
30th April 2012, 03:14 PM   |  #40  
Flag Dunbar

21 posts
More
Sadly, it didn't work. So now I've called them and escalated the issue, trying to get an actual response on what's going on. It wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the fact that my roommate is on my plan, with the exact same phone that I have, and his data works perfectly. So they decided to assume that my phone is messed up, and I pointed out that we've tried swapping SIM cards, then he gets data on my phone, but I can't get it on his phone, so it's definitely not a phone issue.

Gonna call them again shortly and talk with a supervisor, see what that will get me.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread