Ask a question

No registration required

[NIGHTLY/KERNEL][USER] UNOFFICIAL CM9 + 3.0.x Kernel for K-Fire [3.0.31+ 06-28]

OP Hashcode

25th April 2012, 10:28 PM   |  #691  
Thanks Meter: 5

29 posts
I've seen the video. Pretty impressive!
Did u have to install anything or is it just plug and play?
25th April 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #692  
Thanks Meter: 9

34 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi2o

I've seen the video. Pretty impressive!
Did u have to install anything or is it just plug and play?

Just plug and play here. I did have to reboot with the Dongle in the OTG cable before it would recognize it. But it booted up working perfectly. The Fire goes to sleep and wakes up if I move the mouse or keyboard. Remote desktop works REALLY well with it.
25th April 2012, 10:37 PM   |  #693  
Thanks Meter: 12

139 posts
tether gps
i was wondering if the kernel could be the problem with using the tether gps client app on my kindle? i use my galaxy s2 to create a hotspot then tether my kindle to it. in the past this has worked but know after installing the reloaded 1.2h rom it doesn't. i know the kernel is a work in progress and has been really great.
25th April 2012, 10:41 PM   |  #694  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,675

3,242 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by codemansGT

i was wondering if the kernel could be the problem with using the tether gps client app on my kindle? i use my galaxy s2 to create a hotspot then tether my kindle to it. in the past this has worked but know after installing the reloaded 1.2h rom it doesn't. i know the kernel is a work in progress and has been really great.

I've tested the wireless tethering for the phones that I currently have (about 4) and everything worked. However, it may be that there are tweaks which need to be made to wpa_supplicant to allow more phones to be tethered (and this was done in the previous ROMs, I believe).

Also, I know that on the Motorola RAZR, you need to select a "Droid RAZR" profile in Wifi Tether, before most tablet devices will be able to connect. You probably have a similar setting already setup, but this is a good item to check as well.
25th April 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #695  
Thanks Meter: 12

139 posts
i can tether my kindle to my phone and it connects and i can surf the web but for some reason the tether gps client on my kindle isn't receiving data from the tether gps server on my phone. i can't discern if its the app itself or its something else. they updated the app awhile back to work on ics and it worked fine when i was on reloaded rom 1.2 but know i moved to 1.2h with kernel 3.0 #7.

edit: after flashing back to reloaded 1.2 with a different kernel i can i get it to work. hash if you are curious you can search the play store for droid 2 droid. the app is the same as tethergps but gives you more information. in that app, when i was on kernel 3.0 where my ip address should be (for my kindle that was givin from my phone) is a string of some kind with wlan0 at the end. i know thats not much help without using the app so you can see what im talking about

edit2: ok nvm i just reflashed the rom i was using and that worked so this long post is pointless. if a moderator sees this they can delete it.
Last edited by codemansGT; 26th April 2012 at 02:37 AM.
26th April 2012, 12:43 AM   |  #696  

50 posts
More
Is there any way to get the light sensor working

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium
26th April 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #697  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 22,675

3,242 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CjamesL

Is there any way to get the light sensor working

The light sensor was so bad Amazon disabled it in the stock kernel.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
26th April 2012, 02:08 AM   |  #698  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 212

687 posts
More
Unless we can someday come across a fully generic driver like we have for the touch screen, it's unlikely that it will work at all, or any better than before Amazon disabled it of their own accord.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #699  
Flag Lexington, KY
Thanks Meter: 195

620 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrewie

Hash > the old 6# felt a bit quiker than the 7# build. Or is it only placebo ? And performence in both quadrant and antutu benchmark is poor.... 2100 in quadrant and 5100 in antutu.

When can we se a build @ 1.2ghz 1.3 ghz ?

Dosnt matter about the benchmark becase this kernel sets the fire on fire for real !!!

Bigup for great work keep them coming Hash !

Yeah I'm getting antsy for 1.2 GHz, but especially for 1.3 GHz. I have ALWAYS overclocked and running stock speed for me is really slow by comparison.

My guess is that we'll see overclocked versions in the next update or two.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using XDA Premium
ROM: CM9 ReloadedROM v1.2H
Kernel: Hashcode 3.0.21(#7)
Overclock: 1.0 GHz Max, 1.0 GHz Min. Performance
Launcher: ADW EX
26th April 2012, 02:31 AM   |  #700  

50 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode

The light sensor was so bad Amazon disabled it in the stock kernel.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

OK thanks for the info

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread