Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,556 Members 42,785 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] kernel steps. .2 sec to answer

Tip us?

NOORHASHIM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default [Q] kernel steps. .2 sec to answer

I want to know that step.is right

Code *2767*3855#

Download speedmod. To appear install zip by odin

full wipe. Fiz pixssison

Reboot

Download franco kernl

..and i want know how to appear install zip in recovery mode without odin. .. And that step is right . .and if it wrong please write the right steps

smalmagal
Old
(Last edited by smalmagal; 26th April 2012 at 01:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 26
The ****?

All the custom kernels around here, as far as I've seen are .zip files for CWM. You go into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik cache (not even entirely necessary) and then flash the kernel. It's that simple...one step.

NOORHASHIM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Lol i need to know my step is right. . ! ++++ i alawys flash speedmod by odin to can install zip then flash kernl file. .thats right. . ?

smalmagal
Old
Thanks Meter 26
I have no idea what you're even saying. I know most people around here don't have English as a first language, but they're at least intelligible.

REVERSiN
Old
(Last edited by REVERSiN; 26th April 2012 at 06:55 AM.)
Thanks Meter 401
i recommend flashing it via CMW it's safer first of all no usb **** as in some cases it might move and this is real trouble in case or a kernel just put it on your phone if you're rooted and enter recovery mode then flash...... in case you have CMW application in phone just select the file through it as KERNEL Flash and let it do your job

going to recovery as you mentioned you'll wipe (assume you know howto) and then goto install zip file - then choose whether your file is on internal SD or external... and btw if you are on Speedmod and just want to upgrade kernel the sdcard locations are mixed so internal is your MicroSD and external is the phone's sdcard :_
The Following User Says Thank You to REVERSiN For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NOORHASHIM
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by smalmagal View Post
I have no idea what you're even saying. I know most people around here don't have English as a first language, but they're at least intelligible.
i think if im not good in english so " REVERSiN " will answer My Q

BTW THX REVERSiN