Thanks Meter: 9

56 posts
We might have a legit one coming soon!
26th April 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #2  
Saint Chuck
Thanks Meter: 170

818 posts
Donate to Me
word of warning, if you download this, you may get stuck with a bootloader that is not unlockable. You have been warned.
26th April 2012, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
OP Member

56 posts
Seeing as how my bootloader isn't unlocked anyway, I'm not overly concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to JCSands1109 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:35 AM   |  #4  
Cape Coral, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 37

565 posts
mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?
26th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #5  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 312

1,082 posts
I signed up. Hopefully I get selected.
26th April 2012, 03:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad

mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?

I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.
26th April 2012, 03:56 AM   |  #7  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 312

1,082 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands1109

I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.

Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.
26th April 2012, 04:07 AM   |  #8  
Cape Coral, Fl.
Thanks Meter: 37

565 posts
i'm guessing it's something simular to this : http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...ream-sandwich/
26th April 2012, 04:16 AM   |  #9  
OP Member

56 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs

Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.

Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!
27th April 2012, 12:08 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 82

568 posts
Quote:

Why would it be anything except ICS? I don't know of course, but why would they bother with GB 2.3.5 when they said ICS in Q3? And the timing fits their Q3 statement - maybe even a bit earlier.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote:

Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!

It would be quite a nice and pleasant surprise, wouldn't it, if a manufacturer released an update ahead of schedule?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread