Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,501 Members 40,658 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ring of Yellow Spots on Screen (White Background)

Tip us?

ferdian08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhix View Post
See reply from HTC SEA

Quote"
Thank you for your reply, the yellow screen of the products is due to the manufacturer of the screen, we sincerely apologized so much inconvenience and issues caused to you. Kindly check your new phone after you received it, if there is any problems please contact us agian!

Best Regards HTC
"Unquote
so, just go to service center, we will get new phone?

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
if you notice, they didn't say that .. at least not the guys at the service center.

I'm still waiting for the replacement phones (3 working days so far) so ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdian08 View Post
so, just go to service center, we will get new phone?

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
okay .. i just got back one of the phones (for some strange reasons, both my replacement phones are coming in from different sources and different schedules) and it DOESN'T have the yellow spots !!

crossing my fingers that the 2nd phone will not have any yellow spots as well.

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
it knew it was too good to be true .. the 2nd phone HAD the same yellow spots. But now i know HTC is capable of phones without the yellow spots, i called HTC Support and rejected the yellow spots. I just wish there is a way to blow up this matter and make HTC take more responsibility and attention into this matter. the issue seems worst then i thought it would be.

#1. Brand New Phones 2 Sets - Yellow Spots
#2. Replacement Phone (1 Set) - Yellow Spots

Now waiting for HTC call center to get management approval to get a replacement phone for my replacement phone for the SAME yellow spot issues.

gonemad02
Old
(Last edited by gonemad02; 27th April 2012 at 07:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 398
Suddenly i have spots on the bottom screen wth :/

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

akashmehta
Old
(Last edited by akashmehta; 14th May 2012 at 07:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Default Yellow dots at bottom

RaceAce
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I returned the first phone I received because it had a faulty touch screen and the yellow spots.

The new one I got still has yellow spots but the touch screen atleast works.

Also, almost every one I know who owns a HTC One V has these yellow spots, just some of them have not noticed.

Flyarnk
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I have been using HTC One X for over a week now. When I got it first, I noticed the yellow spot right away on left bottom corner. It was specially visible in White/grey background.

I found a pressure point just beside the yellow spot. When I gently pushed that area with tip of my nail the yellow spot would disappear. Although it would come right back when I release the pressure.

I kept doing it for days and guess what now yellow spot is almost gone...maybe 5% left or maybe its just me now

Let me know if this works for any one. Good luck
The Following User Says Thank You to Flyarnk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

richard24
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyarnk View Post
I have been using HTC One X for over a week now. When I got it first, I noticed the yellow spot right away on left bottom corner. It was specially visible in White/grey background.

I found a pressure point just beside the yellow spot. When I gently pushed that area with tip of my nail the yellow spot would disappear. Although it would come right back when I release the pressure.

I kept doing it for days and guess what now yellow spot is almost gone...maybe 5% left or maybe its just me now

Let me know if this works for any one. Good luck
I have the exact same problem (at the same spot - bottom left)

I tried what you did and the yellow spot disappears when I press it, but goes back when I release. I'll try to do that for a couple of days, let's see if it works.

zhix
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
the first 3 sets of HTC ONE V had yellow spots .. only the 4th set did not have yellow spots .. that's a 75% fallout rate .. don't try to help HTC ... DEMAND FOR A NEW PHONE with a WORKING SCREEN that YOU DESERVE !!

I'm trying to get a replacement for the 3rd SET of BRAND NEW HTC ONE V from HTC but they are giving me all sorts of excuses.