Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,772 Members 51,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Unresponsive touchscreen

Tip us?

RIPBAP1999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Unresponsive touchscreen

Hello all, my girlfriends 3D started having touch screen problems. She's running Mean Rom but no matter what Rom I use the status bar will not drag down. It zooms out and shows the different home screens, like your making a pinch to zoom out. But I only use one finger and swype down. Tried changing kernels, roms (both sense and aosp), super wiped and installers newer versions, update radios prl and profiles and everything else I can think of. I still cannot drag down the statis bar on any rom. Help?

Thanks.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

jslim38
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Did you try flashing another Rom

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515m using xda premium
Sent from xda hd
Samsung Galaxy s4 M919
Previous Device's HTC Sensation 4g S OFF
HTC Evo 3D S OFF HTC One x

RIPBAP1999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Yes. Went to a stock rom, older version of mean rom that worked, MIUI, and cm7. All with a different combinations of kernels.

Goose0121
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPBAP1999 View Post
Yes. Went to a stock rom, older version of mean rom that worked, MIUI, and cm7. All with a different combinations of kernels.

Recently my digitizer was acting up the same bit I was also getting ghost responses with no touch at all, I ended up replacing it. If you can find a cool sprint tech there is no charge for a refurbished as long as there is no apperant physical damage to the phone that could lead to broken digitizer ex bent frame or cracked screen. Also have ypy tried updating the firmware through recovery? There should be a link under the stickies in the dev thread. Hope it helps

****'ll Buff Out
****'ll Buff out

RIPBAP1999
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose0121 View Post
Recently my digitizer was acting up the same bit I was also getting ghost responses with no touch at all, I ended up replacing it. If you can find a cool sprint tech there is no charge for a refurbished as long as there is no apperant physical damage to the phone that could lead to broken digitizer ex bent frame or cracked screen. Also have ypy tried updating the firmware through recovery? There should be a link under the stickies in the dev thread. Hope it helps

****'ll Buff Out
She's been having ghost taps all day too. Updated firmware and radios, didn't help. RUU'd it back to brand new no root and it didn't help. Rooted it back, back to mean rom with the same problems. Guess I'll go to a sprint store. Good thing they'll fix it for free

Thanks for the suggestions!

Goose0121
Old
Thanks Meter 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIPBAP1999 View Post
She's been having ghost taps all day too. Updated firmware and radios, didn't help. RUU'd it back to brand new no root and it didn't help. Rooted it back, back to mean rom with the same problems. Guess I'll go to a sprint store. Good thing they'll fix it for free

Thanks for the suggestions!
Yeah bud call in advance you can actually talk to the tech and kinda get a feel if he or she will care about the root. But to unroot and return to stock doesn't require touch input through the right recovery. There are ALOT of lemon digitizers on the forums and its also good for you that even if the replacement is hboot. 1.5 you can do the downgrade hboot to 1.4 to get the revolutionary 1.4 soff and over read that the 1.5 can also be root and soff. So no worries there either good luck man hope it works out for you
Goose

****'ll Buff Out
****'ll Buff out