ICS and 850MHz band?

Tip us?

mk_ln
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Default ICS and 850MHz band?

Hi,

I have done a search but couldn't find anything regarding the actual selection of the 850MHz band in any ICS based ROM. I recall in 2.3.x, I would be able to get to a service menu through *#*#0011#*#* and select what bands/frequencies I would like to use. Ever since I've been on ICS, the service/secret menu codes don't seem to work....is there any method of manually selecting which bands to use?

Thanks in advance.
If you've found my post helpful, you can thank me by clicking the 'Thanks' button.

(phone history...)
Mitsubishi G75 - Sony Ericsson T200 - Sony Ericsson T226 - Motorola SLVR L7 - Nokia N95 8GB - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Apple iPhone 4 16GB -Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc/X12 - Galaxy Nexus I9250 - Galaxy SIII I747 32GB - LG Optimus G 32GB - Nexus 4 16GB

zorxd
Old
Thanks Meter 39
*#*#0011#*#* does work on ICS (at least with CM9, it displays which band is in use)

Just flash the KG3 modem and you will be sure that 850 MHz is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to zorxd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mk_ln
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by zorxd View Post
*#*#0011#*#* does work on ICS (at least with CM9, it displays which band is in use)

Just flash the KG3 modem and you will be sure that 850 MHz is working.
thanks for the reply.

I am currently using the KG3 modem with DK3...I think that is based off of the Nexus version of ICS. Happen to know if there is any other method of getting to the service menu on a pure google based ROM?
If you've found my post helpful, you can thank me by clicking the 'Thanks' button.

(phone history...)
Mitsubishi G75 - Sony Ericsson T200 - Sony Ericsson T226 - Motorola SLVR L7 - Nokia N95 8GB - Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 - Samsung I9000 Galaxy S - Apple iPhone 4 16GB -Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc/X12 - Galaxy Nexus I9250 - Galaxy SIII I747 32GB - LG Optimus G 32GB - Nexus 4 16GB

Lexrsk
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk_ln View Post
thanks for the reply.

I am currently using the KG3 modem with DK3...I think that is based off of the Nexus version of ICS. Happen to know if there is any other method of getting to the service menu on a pure google based ROM?
the service menus are a .apk that the rom dev needs to include in the ROM. therefore if the rom does not have the service menu post a request for it to be added in the ROM's dev thread
No need to say thanks just use the thanks button

Samsung Galaxy S
Telstra GT-I9000T
Currently running stock OS

Previous ROM/Modem/Kernel

ROM>> Team ICSSGS RC4.2
Modem>> JVQ
Kerrnel>> Semaphore ICS 0.9.1
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lexrsk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]