OP ovelayer

24th April 2012, 07:32 PM   |  #21  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 314

1,457 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985

Is there an easy patch for that? I remember running into this when I worked on getting 2.3.6 on the XT862.

If there isn't one, you need the files from /system/usr/keychars or /system/usr/keylayout.

I've always done both, im not sure which file(s) are the ones responsible for fixing the mappings, I just kinda started copying **** over until it worked. Never bothered to track down exactly which it is

The easy way I've been doing is either with adb or the safestrap console to copy from /systemorig to/system. Assuming of course you're flashing safe system and have a rom with proper mappings in nonsafe

Sent from my XT860 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Endoroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #22  
OP Senior Member
Flag spokane
Thanks Meter: 356

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoroid

Yes. Use the patch. Pretty sure I've already linked it5 for you in a different thread

Endoroid thanks for answering questions nice to have peeps help out...
I jumped on droid forums and this is what buck had to say:
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmarble

It should. May have to do the gsm edits and stuff in build.prop. not sure if 860 is cdma or gsm in canada.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

4.0 is one bada** rom!
Last edited by ovelayer; 24th April 2012 at 09:17 PM.
24th April 2012, 11:18 PM   |  #23  
Flag Surrey
Thanks Meter: 314

1,457 posts
More
I flashed this onto my safe sys and got it running no prob, but then I realized it was late and I was too tired to bother setting all my **** up

However if you all want me to, when I get my computer up and running again il put together a xt860 friendly version of this with the data fix and keyboard mappings corrected, sometime this week

25th April 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #24  
OP Senior Member
Flag spokane

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoroid

I flashed this onto my safe sys and got it running no prob, but then I realized it was late and I was too tired to bother setting all my **** up

However if you all want me to, when I get my computer up and running again il put together a xt860 friendly version of this with the data fix and keyboard mappings corrected, sometime this week

Brilliant Iam sure that would help a lot of people..when you get it done shoot me the link and Iwill add it to the op
25th April 2012, 04:47 AM   |  #25  
Thanks Meter: 10

110 posts
Took the plunge:) up and running on the .906 OTA flawlessly. So glad I did it, my phone runs so much smoother and faster.
I don't see what the big deal is? As long as you use safestrap you've really got nothing to lose.

Sent from my DROID3 using XDA
Last edited by dsw361; 25th April 2012 at 05:00 AM.
25th April 2012, 05:44 AM   |  #26  
OP Senior Member
Flag spokane

586 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw361

Took the plunge:) up and running on the .906 OTA flawlessly. So glad I did it, my phone runs so much smoother and faster.
I don't see what the big deal is? As long as you use safestrap you've really got nothing to lose.

Glad everything worked out for ya!
25th April 2012, 03:20 PM   |  #27  
Flag Utrecht
Thanks Meter: 4

84 posts
More
Great work!
I don't like the battery bar, so I removed it. Is it possible to remove it from the ROM toolbox?
25th April 2012, 04:21 PM   |  #28  
Thanks Meter: 1,120

1,319 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchezz

Great work!
I don't like the battery bar, so I removed it. Is it possible to remove it from the ROM toolbox?

No its not.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium
25th April 2012, 10:05 PM   |  #29  
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 86

688 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsw361

Did you flash the OTA or the ROM? Because the ROM doesn't contain everything the OTA does. Being that you mentioned safestrap, I don't think you flashed the OTA, since it requires stock recovery.
26th April 2012, 02:42 AM   |  #30  
Thanks Meter: 10

110 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox985

Did you flash the OTA or the ROM? Because the ROM doesn't contain everything the OTA does. Being that you mentioned safestrap, I don't think you flashed the OTA, since it requires stock recovery.

Yes I flashed the .906 OTA through stock recovery, then flashed mavrom 4.0 over it using safestrap.
I was just wondering why everyone's so freaked out about flashing the OTA? I understand there's no way to sbf back in case of disaster, but if you just use safestrap with safe system enabled there's really nothing to lose, and it's totally worth the update in my opinion:)

Battery life is way better, not to mention speed is also faster and smoother, I also noticed the display is alot brighter and clearer.

Last edited by dsw361; 26th April 2012 at 03:03 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread