Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,547 Members 45,863 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM/KERNEL] OFFICIAL CM11.0 + 3.0.72 Kernel for Kindle Fire [NIGHTLIES]

Tip us?

Hashcode
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 22011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SalsaForte View Post
You should have made a version change, even for this small fix: 4-22a or something like that.

It would be clearer. BTW, thanks for your kernel, I do really enjoy my KF.
I completely agree in theory.

The reality is that that some of the links are posted around the internet and people will continue to download the wrong ROM (not knowing there's an update).

So in this case, I tend to over-write the offending file.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AlexDeGruven
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Been thinking about touch sensitivity quite a bit today as I've been demoing AOKP 33r2 and 34 to coworkers (who are still too chicken to do this to their Fires).

I've noticed that touching works perfectly if you just barely make contact with the screen, rather than the normal 'push' action that we're used to with touch screens. A quick tap also seems to have the same effect.

I get the most errant scrolling when I try and push like there's an actual button there.

This leads me to believe that one of two things might be going on:

1. The polling interval for the digitizer might be set too fast, and is reading a push multiple times (initial contact, then the wider contact patch of a full-on press).
2. The software that determines whether a touch action is a touch or slide is tuned too sensitive and is reading the wider contact patch as a movement.

These could also be the same thing, just two sides of the same symptom.

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 22011

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDeGruven View Post
Been thinking about touch sensitivity quite a bit today as I've been demoing AOKP 33r2 and 34 to coworkers (who are still too chicken to do this to their Fires).

I've noticed that touching works perfectly if you just barely make contact with the screen, rather than the normal 'push' action that we're used to with touch screens. A quick tap also seems to have the same effect.

I get the most errant scrolling when I try and push like there's an actual button there.

This leads me to believe that one of two things might be going on:

1. The polling interval for the digitizer might be set too fast, and is reading a push multiple times (initial contact, then the wider contact patch of a full-on press).
2. The software that determines whether a touch action is a touch or slide is tuned too sensitive and is reading the wider contact patch as a movement.

These could also be the same thing, just two sides of the same symptom.
I have source for a linux mainline v3.3 Ilitek Touchscreen driver and as soon as things slow down I'm probably going to implement it for 2 reasons:
- The code is more generic and easier to upgrade for the future
- It's an ICS compatible touchscreen driver (where the current is more Gingerbread compatible and we use additional settings to make it work)

Once that's in-place I can work with a group of testers to craft the "perfect" settings for our device. Going to be a bit tho. :/
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vbdss
Old
Thanks Meter 79
Hash if you are going to work on the driver, you will implement the multitouch too?
Amazon Kindle Fire rooted - CM7 CM9
Samsung Galaxy 5 i5500 - CM7 2.3.7
The Following User Says Thank You to vbdss For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ma.da.ladla
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i second that

Sent From my Kindle Fire
Setupetails are Below
Cm7 Barebones+Raven's Kernel
Minimum:300 Higher 1200mhz
Go launcher Ex With MIUI Theme
Games:MC3,Fifa 2012,Real Racing 2,Stick Cricket,Gangster Rio....
Apps:Mx Video Player,JetVid,Titanium Backup,Opera Mobile,Dolphin HD,Adobe Reader

dnathan13
Old
Thanks Meter 225
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbdss View Post
Hash if you are going to work on the driver, you will implement the multitouch too?
Last I heard it had been decided the kindle couldn't do more than two touches due to hardware issues so I don't think the drive will help. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

southbird
Old
Thanks Meter 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnathan13 View Post
Last I heard it had been decided the kindle couldn't do more than two touches due to hardware issues so I don't think the drive will help. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong
The difference is between a "driver" and "firmware" -- the touchscreen hardware has firmware which only supplies a two-point touch. The "driver" is merely what interfaces the hardware with the operating system. The driver might interact with the hardware better, but it will not alter its core capability as a new firmware would. AFAIK we don't have access to the touchscreen firmware so at this point it's a solid "no" going forward.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to southbird For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Hashcode
Old
Thanks Meter 22011

DONATE TO ME
^^^ this. Thank you for the great explanation.

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hashcode For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SalsaForte
Old
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hashcode View Post
I completely agree in theory.

The reality is that that some of the links are posted around the internet and people will continue to download the wrong ROM (not knowing there's an update).

So in this case, I tend to over-write the offending file.
Good point! I didn't thought about that.
MY GEAR: Nexus 21 (4+7+10)
GIRLFRIEND GEAR: Apple iPhone 5
ME: Google+

EVOlvedAndroid
Old
Thanks Meter 473
My kindle is dead and whenever I try to charge it, It boots to bootloader for a second shuts off and repeats over and over and over. If you can help PLEASE REPLY.

Using this kernel with AOKP
My Work: EVOlved Classic .:. EVOlvedROM r3chargeD .:. EVOlvedROM Directors Cut .:. EVOlvedMODZ .:. EVOlvedROM SHiFTeD .:. EVOlvedROM .:. EVOlvedAndroid

Phone: HTC EVO 4G (Retired); Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Rom: CM 10.1