[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

OP shoman94

26th April 2012, 12:29 AM   |  #3271  
Flag Tampa, Florida
Thanks Meter: 298

1,089 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsrrr

Google Wallet won't work on our devices because AT&T is not allowing it. I don't think there is a way around it.

I know AT&T isn't allowing it but in the past it was to the point that you couldn't install the app from the app store (you'd have to find a way to side-load it).

Now the app store is allowing it to be installed so I'm assuming the NFC capabilities are now more supported towards our devices and now it's more an AT&T issue.

I figured maybe it might be crackable to work. AT&T doesn't "allow" tethering yet we can still do it. Maybe the same can be said for Google Wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersa2k

I'm getting an error since uprating to 2.2.1 however. It wouldn't surprise me if it's just me though:

Unfortunately, MAPSamsungService has stopped.

Anyone else seeing this?

- Aaron

I've gotten that error before on prior versions of ShoStock2. All I could tell is it's got something to do with Bluetooth. I tend to force close it myself when I see it (I'm contemplating Titanium Backup and wiping it off the phone).
26th April 2012, 12:31 AM   |  #3272  
Thanks Meter: 3

46 posts
I just remembered I had an odd problem this morning:

Fully charged my phone last night, and set an alarm for this morning. My alarm never went off. I later woke up and looked at my phone. Pressed the power button and the lockscreen wouldn't come on. So I pressed and held it and the phone booted up. I thought that I had perhaps accidentally turned off my phone last night, but then I looked at the battery meter and it was at 13%. So apparently my phone somehow shut itself off last night? I looked at the wakelocks and screen usage and they were minimal, like 1 minute for the screen on time. This is a one-time problem though, but just a heads up in case someone else gets it. I'm on 2.2, since I still can't flash 2.2.1 (bad file error) but I'm working on it.
26th April 2012, 12:57 AM   |  #3273  
Flag San Francisco
Thanks Meter: 53

156 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolves14

Flashed v2.2.1 without wipe (coming from v1.3, yea I know I'm wild ), working smooth! Like the updates. Keep up the good work man.

Edit: Only issue I have (this was an issue on v1.3 as well) is that after flashing the CRTanim.zip, when I hit the power button to turn on the screen, it skips the lock screen 3/4 of the time. Just completely skips it. Fix would be appreciated.

works fine for me, probably for most others as well. Maybe do that wipe and reinstall this time, just to be sure.

---------- Post added at 04:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:50 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 105108

I just remembered I had an odd problem this morning:

Fully charged my phone last night, and set an alarm for this morning. My alarm never went off. I later woke up and looked at my phone. Pressed the power button and the lockscreen wouldn't come on. So I pressed and held it and the phone booted up. I thought that I had perhaps accidentally turned off my phone last night, but then I looked at the battery meter and it was at 13%. So apparently my phone somehow shut itself off last night? I looked at the wakelocks and screen usage and they were minimal, like 1 minute for the screen on time. This is a one-time problem though, but just a heads up in case someone else gets it. I'm on 2.2, since I still can't flash 2.2.1 (bad file error) but I'm working on it.

What kernel are you on? Governor settings, tweaks? And why can't you just download the update, save to root directory of sd card, boot recovery and do the deed? The DC kernel has caused some headaches (ondemand is safest setting they say), I use Siyah with no issue, I'd avoid NEAK (new kid on the block, uncharted waters).
26th April 2012, 01:07 AM   |  #3274  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,219

8,448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsniteflyer

I'm still unable to get any vibration on my phone with SMS. I've flashed 2.2.1 three times. No luck. I've checked all the toggles and can't find anything that's set wrong.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thx.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

Open MMS and click menu then settings...... scroll all the way down to notifications...
There isa vibrate button.... click that then set to always.
26th April 2012, 01:25 AM   |  #3275  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94

Open MMS and click menu then settings...... scroll all the way down to notifications...
There isa vibrate button.... click that then set to always.

Tried that....no joy. Thanks for the suggestion.

26th April 2012, 01:31 AM   |  #3276  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 12,219

8,448 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upsniteflyer

Tried that....no joy. Thanks for the suggestion.

Settings/sounds vibrate and ring checked?

volume slider for vibration all the way up?

Otherwise you have something else taking over. Some sms pop up app? Different SMS? Try to re-install or wipe and re-install.
26th April 2012, 01:40 AM   |  #3277  
Thanks Meter: 21

189 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_Cat

works fine for me, probably for most others as well. Maybe do that wipe and reinstall this time, just to be sure.

Was an issue on v1.3 for me, but wipe might fix it. Alternatively, guess I could flash
RemoveCRT and then reflash InstallCRT.
26th April 2012, 01:41 AM   |  #3278  
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
For the SMS vibrations..they work for me, but I was wondering, can you put some vibration patterns? This one is like a solid 1-2 second vibrate..I prefer a short 2 pulse one or something...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ensomniacc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #3279  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 179

898 posts
More
What is the today update. I cant see it on changelog.
26th April 2012, 01:48 AM   |  #3280  
This is my contribution to Shoman from a couple weeks ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomween1

April 2 Showman fantastic rom. Your roms here have the feel of the days past w/ Mikey, Watsa and Adam. It has a great vibe. Great job man. While I've only used it for a short period it truly does run smooth. Thank you

EDIT: Confirmation number: 3M21538983201914T

Come on people he can't ask so I am..... Please keep the Sho rolling

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2
Previous Thread Next Thread