Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S-off is Official!!! With Instructions...

OP graymonkey44

26th April 2012, 02:41 AM   |  #1371  
Thanks Meter: 20

185 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by mentallo

using "fastboot flash recovery recovery.img" in Fastboot USB

I'm on ICS but I didn't install the hboot that came with Controlbear is that the reason this is not working?

Using the process re locks your hboot so fastboot command don't work. Either flash the modified hboot or unlock your phone using the htcdev tool.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
26th April 2012, 02:47 AM   |  #1372  
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks Meter: 452

1,695 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceebeex

I just took a look at what you said and what I am wondering is that if when you performed the wire trick (and it worked), did it say waiting for device as soon as the wire trick worked and rebooted the phone?

That is the last thing I see before it reboots. Once it boots back up it talks about drinking beers and beers and buddies and all that good stuff then it just says S-OFF failed with that error code and still sober message. I get literally the same exact thing EVERY time I do it.

That is why I think it might be something else. My timing can't be that bad. Like I said, using that metronome file for the timing, I pretty much hit it right on the nose and like clockwork, Control Bear says waiting for device, it reboots the phone and then I get that stupid error.

Yes, as soon as I did the wire trick, the very next bit of text said "waiting device" and a moment or so later it said "fastboot found" or something to that effect. then kept going on about beers while the phone continued to the black juopunutbear screen. Then another reboot, briefly again "waiting device" then more beer talk, another reboot, and then it actually booted into my ROM when juopunutbear said Success!

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by james_pnut

Using the process re locks your hboot so fastboot command don't work. Either flash the modified hboot or unlock your phone using the htcdev tool.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Yes, this is the correct steps. S-OFF on the Rezound still has limitations not in place on previous devices. If HBOOT is locked, as it is after the S-OFF process, you must either flash the ENG HBOOT, unlock your stock HBOOT again, or use juopunutbears modified HBOOT. Those are the options. research carefully before making your selection.
The Following User Says Thank You to a.mcdear For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 02:52 AM   |  #1373  
Thanks Meter: 13

58 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean25

Don't mess with your version of hboot. I would just run the GB version, and when it works and asks to install hboot, say yes. That will install the modified hboot 2.11 which is what you want.

Thank you, I'll try that tonight.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk
26th April 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #1374  
Flag Orlando Fl
Thanks Meter: 138

1,165 posts
More
My phone turns off after wire trick. Is this normal? Also It keeps saying im sober so no luck after 4 times. wtf??!?!?

Edit :got s off now!..
Last edited by jscarano; 26th April 2012 at 05:07 AM.
26th April 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #1375  
Flag Lawton
Thanks Meter: 64

241 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jscarano

My phone turns off after wire trick. Is this normal? Also It keeps saying im sober so no luck after 4 times. wtf??!?!?

Edit :got s off now!...but I cant get into my bootloader only into recovery. I followed directions just like they show on here.???!?!?!

Got to flash a hboot either theirs or one the GB or ICS leak firmware

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
26th April 2012, 05:07 AM   |  #1376  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 123

1,060 posts
More
Im running on rez rom 3.4 on the original post it says you need to be on a stock rom rooted..In these instructions it doesnt say that..So, do you really need to be on stock rom rooted? Also in this thread it says v.02 is that referring to controlbear?
26th April 2012, 05:18 AM   |  #1377  
Thanks Meter: 5

102 posts
Okay, got it after about 45 minutes of fighting with it.

I'm on stock GB btw.

What worked for me, was to leave the phone plugged in. Run ControlBear. It would tell me to 'do the wire trick', which I would do. Then it would reboot, 'waiting' while the counter shows 8/45 or 10/45 or whatever (this would always change). The ControlBear would just sit on the screen, like the process froze. After around 3 minutes of nothing but 'waiting', I would close the terminal and restart ControlBear, leaving the phone plugged in. Sometimes it would say 'fail, quit'. I would simply run it again, still leaving the phone plugged in. It would still seem to freeze on the last two processes, making me restart the ControlBear. Only it eventually said success, s-off, and gave me the option to install hboot.

So, by no means did this feel like a successful mod, but it worked for me
Right after hboot installed, put me into hboot, s-off noted. I rebooted, and all seems well. Be patient, really patient.
26th April 2012, 07:41 AM   |  #1378  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 123

1,060 posts
More
It worked like a charm the first try: I was on rez rom 3.4. My hboot now is 2.21.2121
radio 1.22.10.0310r/1.22.10.0308r

Is this correct? If so do i need to just flash the rom of my choice from this point on?
26th April 2012, 07:44 AM   |  #1379  
Flag Bellevue, WA
Thanks Meter: 305

281 posts
More
So, my issue with getting controlbear to recognize my phone was fixed by formatting my "replacement" sd card. I didnt need to reinstall adb, or flash an hboot, or anything else. It found my device immediately afterwards, and once it did it only took me one try!! S-off and stoked! Thanks to everyone with the thorough updated FAQ's... Im good with fastboot/adb, and I would never have thought of formatting my blank "mock" sd card! Figured I would throw this out there if any one else was having "waiting for device ....1......2, check adb and drivers" - this fixed my issue.

EDIT: Also disabled threatfire/avg in the process of debugging this issue, as well as completely uninstalling HTC sync (left other two htc drivers, etc on) - didnt think these were as significant, as sync was always thoroughly shut down, and I have never had issues with virus protection. These definitely may have played a part, or all of the issue.
Last edited by Demiurge7; 26th April 2012 at 07:54 AM.
26th April 2012, 03:27 PM   |  #1380  
Flag So, Cal
Thanks Meter: 378

571 posts
Donate to Me
More
HELP
has anyone see this

======== ControlBear version 0.2.2 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Starting up......
Connecting to device...
Backing up......