Early Lollipop Ports for Micromax A116 and A117

It feels like it was only yesterday when Google announced the mysterious Android L.After … more

Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Reboots every 20 minutes

OP Barkt

25th April 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #1  
Barkt's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Ive hit the wall as far as my experience fixing my phone goes, and I would REALLY appreciate any help

A few days ago I updated my rom (icecoldsandwich, if it makes a difference). I went from a stable version to a test version. After the update I began having random reboots, sometimes as often as every 20 minutes. These happen regardless of what I'm doing, sometimes even if I'm not touching the phone.

I figured these were due to the rom, so I went back to the stable version and still had the same problem. I then tried a few different builds (redemption, aospX, cm7). Still have the problem

I've tried redownloading the roms, checking the checksums, formatting my sd card, reflashing cwm. Pretty much everything I can think of and nothing has helped.
25th April 2012, 03:40 AM   |  #2  
pazzo02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Chicago area
Thanks Meter: 112
 
341 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
More
Could be the battery. This is a symptom of the battery going bad, especially if you still have the stock battery. Get your hands on another battery and see if that fixes the problem.
25th April 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #3  
Barkt's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
I have the stock battery, but the phone itself is only 3 months. Who knows how "old" it is, but it hasn't been heavily used yet

Edit: also, it has rebooted while plugged in to an ac charger. From what I've read of battery issues, they reboot when the battery goes, but NOT while plugged in
Last edited by Barkt; 25th April 2012 at 04:16 AM.
25th April 2012, 04:56 AM   |  #4  
Agoattamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
How about flashing the stock RUU and then reflash your stable version?
25th April 2012, 05:50 AM   |  #5  
Barkt's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 20
 
97 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agoattamer

How about flashing the stock RUU and then reflash your stable version?

To be honest with you, I'm not even 100% sure what RUU is, much
less what it entails
25th April 2012, 11:14 AM   |  #6  
Agoattamer's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag PA
Thanks Meter: 495
 
2,074 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2010
More
RUU is the stock ROM Update Utility. To you it is the stock ROM that you can flash on your phone from your PC.
26th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #7  
born_fisherman's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
1,496 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkt

Ive hit the wall as far as my experience fixing my phone goes, and I would REALLY appreciate any help

A few days ago I updated my rom (icecoldsandwich, if it makes a difference). I went from a stable version to a test version. After the update I began having random reboots, sometimes as often as every 20 minutes. These happen regardless of what I'm doing, sometimes even if I'm not touching the phone.

I figured these were due to the rom, so I went back to the stable version and still had the same problem. I then tried a few different builds (redemption, aospX, cm7). Still have the problem

I've tried redownloading the roms, checking the checksums, formatting my sd card, reflashing cwm. Pretty much everything I can think of and nothing has helped.

Try flashing like cordroid or another gingerbread sense Rom and see if you experience the same.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
26th April 2012, 06:28 PM   |  #8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Hi

After learning to load diferents ROM, I habe laerned the following:

try a factory reset after you loaded the ROM.

But I will recommed to make a complete Clear Dalvik Cache and load the rom
After you loaded the ROM, perform a full reset factory

If you still having the issue, discard that rom, won´t work in your HTC
26th April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #9  
Darunion's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Ohio
Thanks Meter: 881
 
1,142 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by moimendez

Hi

After learning to load diferents ROM, I habe laerned the following:

try a factory reset after you loaded the ROM.

But I will recommed to make a complete Clear Dalvik Cache and load the rom
After you loaded the ROM, perform a full reset factory

If you still having the issue, discard that rom, won´t work in your HTC

You should be factory/cache/dalvik clearing BEFORE you load the rom.
26th April 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #10  
Teichopsia's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Panama
Thanks Meter: 801
 
2,266 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2012
Put in any rom and try something out. Power off the cell and take out the battery. See what happens. I had a strange battery behaviour a week ago which I'll be posting in the Q&A at some point.

Sent from a dream.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes