Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,783 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][ICS][FINAL](2/25/13) MIUI 3.2.22 - Closing For Business

Tip us?

icon69
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Ok switched to ext4 and did a fresh whipe install. 1 hour in and so far no problems. As of right now my problems are fixed. Will report back, thanks for the help and I love your work dh much appreciated.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon69 View Post
-Second bug is I'm using the deamon controller app that came with the latest rom and my over clocking settings never stick. I have it for 1,6ghz and it'll underclock itself to 1.1 or lower and i have the gover set to snartassv2 like it is defiled but it'll change itself to conservative or power saver randomly. Even when my phone is full or high charged.
I'm on hboot 1.4 using cwm and im on the latest rom with the new beta kernel. But it's been doing this for at least 2 rom versions. And i have fully whipped reflashed and redownloaded idk what's going on.
I had the same issue on a completely different ROM, and I use 4ext recovery so that's not it. I think it's a kernel issue. It will stay oc'd until screen off right? Then turn screen on and back on and something different?

icon69
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2 View Post
I had the same issue on a completely different ROM, and I use 4ext recovery so that's not it. I think it's a kernel issue. It will stay oc'd until screen off right? Then turn screen on and back on and something different?
Yeah exactly! Or on the charger and it would change. It's like profiles are set up a but i don't have any set up. But I switched to ext and did a fresh whipe and install and so far no issues

b.huss2
Old
Thanks Meter 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon69 View Post
Yeah exactly! Or on the charger and it would change. It's like profiles are set up a but i don't have any set up. But I switched to ext and did a fresh whipe and install and so far no issues

Yea i thought it was the ROM at first but now I see it wasn't since your had the same issue on this ROM. None of the cpu apps would hold. Tried scripts, tried changing default system files that the scripts pointed to. Nothing worked. This was a clean install too. Finally I added a screen off profile to hopefully trick setcpu into re applying overclock at screen on and it actually worked, lol. Ended up switching ROMs though. I don't have the issue on my current ROM. I won't rule out a good flash gone bad though.

seanjenks
Old
Thanks Meter 39
look on your sd card if u have used set cpu it leaves profiles on your sd card could be causing issues...never know try to delete them if your not using them see if that helps if u were using set cpu

InfiniteReality
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Just FYI for my issues....

If I get a few texts back to back, my whole phone freezes... have to pull battery and all is good. This hasn't happened on past revisions of the ROM.

Sometimes the screen locks up... I can turn off screen and turn back on and all is good.

Previous issues before update:

Battery life is okay, 2 days after flashing I went fishing and took phone off charger at 6am... By noon it was dead. No roaming or anything, just went dead. This was before the update tho.

darkstar765
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I will randomly find my phone just totally turned off on this ROM. Any explanation for this?

digitalhigh
Old
Recognized Developer - OP
Thanks Meter 5276

DONATE TO ME
I'm sorry...it's late, and my brain is fuzzy.

What governor are you guys using with the OC settings?

Have you tried configuring through the OC daemon?

Are we all on the same page about how some of these guys work?

Savaged-Zen governor coming soon...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817

Like what I do? Maybe you'll like my band too. I sing.

http://www.facebook.com/Corruptable

icon69
Old
(Last edited by icon69; 26th April 2012 at 05:56 AM.)
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh View Post
I'm sorry...it's late, and my brain is fuzzy.

What governor are you guys using with the OC settings?

Have you tried configuring through the OC daemon?

Are we all on the same page about how some of these guys work?

Savaged-Zen governor coming soon...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817
I've always used smartassv2 clocked with a high of 1.6 and a low of 486000.

And thank you for that thread so helpful can't wait for the new governor

jthein1989
Old
(Last edited by jthein1989; 26th April 2012 at 05:59 AM.)
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2 View Post
Yea i thought it was the ROM at first but now I see it wasn't since your had the same issue on this ROM. None of the cpu apps would hold. Tried scripts, tried changing default system files that the scripts pointed to. Nothing worked. This was a clean install too. Finally I added a screen off profile to hopefully trick setcpu into re applying overclock at screen on and it actually worked, lol. Ended up switching ROMs though. I don't have the issue on my current ROM. I won't rule out a good flash gone bad though.
It actually doesn't change like profiles. If you exit out of the script that DH made, and restart it, the values will change. Speaking of which, DH, if you could implement a refresh in the script after alterations to the oc deamon, alot of "it isn't changing the oc" comments would disappear, lol.

Edit: An even easier way of seeing the fact that it does change the oc, is to use adb instead of a terminal emulator on the phone itself. An adb terminal window is the only way to check if the clock speed changes when the screen is off, I use it often, and have tweaked my oc to get 10+ hours even while streaming Pandora! I'll set up my battery monitor to prove it tomorrow. Only thing I can't prove (or at least, don't know how to), is that its on a factory battery, lol.

Tags
*somewhat* related to the thread, bamf, dh is the man, digitalhigh is a beast, high on miui, logcat or gtfo, me wove miui wong time, my-u-eye, ooey gooey miui, related to thread..., sugar walls, the movie "hackers" sucked