Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][ICS][FINAL](2/25/13) MIUI 3.2.22 - Closing For Business

OP digitalhigh

26th April 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #1151  
icon69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Ok switched to ext4 and did a fresh whipe install. 1 hour in and so far no problems. As of right now my problems are fixed. Will report back, thanks for the help and I love your work dh much appreciated.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
26th April 2012, 02:45 AM   |  #1152  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 413
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon69

-Second bug is I'm using the deamon controller app that came with the latest rom and my over clocking settings never stick. I have it for 1,6ghz and it'll underclock itself to 1.1 or lower and i have the gover set to snartassv2 like it is defiled but it'll change itself to conservative or power saver randomly. Even when my phone is full or high charged.
I'm on hboot 1.4 using cwm and im on the latest rom with the new beta kernel. But it's been doing this for at least 2 rom versions. And i have fully whipped reflashed and redownloaded idk what's going on.

I had the same issue on a completely different ROM, and I use 4ext recovery so that's not it. I think it's a kernel issue. It will stay oc'd until screen off right? Then turn screen on and back on and something different?
26th April 2012, 02:54 AM   |  #1153  
icon69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2

I had the same issue on a completely different ROM, and I use 4ext recovery so that's not it. I think it's a kernel issue. It will stay oc'd until screen off right? Then turn screen on and back on and something different?

Yeah exactly! Or on the charger and it would change. It's like profiles are set up a but i don't have any set up. But I switched to ext and did a fresh whipe and install and so far no issues

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
26th April 2012, 03:15 AM   |  #1154  
b.huss2's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Greenville
Thanks Meter: 413
 
931 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by icon69

Yeah exactly! Or on the charger and it would change. It's like profiles are set up a but i don't have any set up. But I switched to ext and did a fresh whipe and install and so far no issues

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Yea i thought it was the ROM at first but now I see it wasn't since your had the same issue on this ROM. None of the cpu apps would hold. Tried scripts, tried changing default system files that the scripts pointed to. Nothing worked. This was a clean install too. Finally I added a screen off profile to hopefully trick setcpu into re applying overclock at screen on and it actually worked, lol. Ended up switching ROMs though. I don't have the issue on my current ROM. I won't rule out a good flash gone bad though.
26th April 2012, 03:53 AM   |  #1155  
seanjenks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Houston/Port Arthur TX
Thanks Meter: 41
 
166 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
look on your sd card if u have used set cpu it leaves profiles on your sd card could be causing issues...never know try to delete them if your not using them see if that helps if u were using set cpu
26th April 2012, 04:33 AM   |  #1156  
InfiniteReality's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lake Charles, LA
Thanks Meter: 45
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
Just FYI for my issues....

If I get a few texts back to back, my whole phone freezes... have to pull battery and all is good. This hasn't happened on past revisions of the ROM.

Sometimes the screen locks up... I can turn off screen and turn back on and all is good.

Previous issues before update:

Battery life is okay, 2 days after flashing I went fishing and took phone off charger at 6am... By noon it was dead. No roaming or anything, just went dead. This was before the update tho.
26th April 2012, 06:04 AM   |  #1157  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
278 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2011
Question
I will randomly find my phone just totally turned off on this ROM. Any explanation for this?
26th April 2012, 06:08 AM   |  #1158  
digitalhigh's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Milwaukee, WI
Thanks Meter: 6,580
 
2,760 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
I'm sorry...it's late, and my brain is fuzzy.

What governor are you guys using with the OC settings?

Have you tried configuring through the OC daemon?

Are we all on the same page about how some of these guys work?

Savaged-Zen governor coming soon...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817
26th April 2012, 06:49 AM   |  #1159  
icon69's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 66
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalhigh

I'm sorry...it's late, and my brain is fuzzy.

What governor are you guys using with the OC settings?

Have you tried configuring through the OC daemon?

Are we all on the same page about how some of these guys work?

Savaged-Zen governor coming soon...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1369817

I've always used smartassv2 clocked with a high of 1.6 and a low of 486000.

And thank you for that thread so helpful can't wait for the new governor

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Last edited by icon69; 26th April 2012 at 06:56 AM.
26th April 2012, 06:51 AM   |  #1160  
Senior Member
Flag Barberton
Thanks Meter: 44
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by b.huss2

Yea i thought it was the ROM at first but now I see it wasn't since your had the same issue on this ROM. None of the cpu apps would hold. Tried scripts, tried changing default system files that the scripts pointed to. Nothing worked. This was a clean install too. Finally I added a screen off profile to hopefully trick setcpu into re applying overclock at screen on and it actually worked, lol. Ended up switching ROMs though. I don't have the issue on my current ROM. I won't rule out a good flash gone bad though.

It actually doesn't change like profiles. If you exit out of the script that DH made, and restart it, the values will change. Speaking of which, DH, if you could implement a refresh in the script after alterations to the oc deamon, alot of "it isn't changing the oc" comments would disappear, lol.

Edit: An even easier way of seeing the fact that it does change the oc, is to use adb instead of a terminal emulator on the phone itself. An adb terminal window is the only way to check if the clock speed changes when the screen is off, I use it often, and have tweaked my oc to get 10+ hours even while streaming Pandora! I'll set up my battery monitor to prove it tomorrow. Only thing I can't prove (or at least, don't know how to), is that its on a factory battery, lol.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
Last edited by jthein1989; 26th April 2012 at 06:59 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
*somewhat* related to the thread, bamf, dh is the man, digitalhigh is a beast, high on miui, logcat or gtfo, me wove miui wong time, my-u-eye, ooey gooey miui, related to thread..., sugar walls, the movie "hackers" sucked
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes