[ROM/KERNEL] OFFICIAL CM11.0 + 3.0.72 Kernel for Kindle Fire [NIGHTLIES]

26th April 2012, 01:56 AM   |  #621  
Thanks Meter: 26

60 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOlvedAndroid

My kindle is dead and whenever I try to charge it, It boots to bootloader for a second shuts off and repeats over and over and over. If you can help PLEASE REPLY.

Using this kernel with AOKP

Are you using he AC adapter? Once the battery gets discharged too far the only way to get the device recharged is to use AC adapter. USB won't put out enough current to boot far enough to start charging. This is a Kindle issue not caused by this kernel.
Last edited by mlpmail; 26th April 2012 at 02:03 AM. Reason: more info
26th April 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #622  
Flag Denham Springs
Thanks Meter: 37

275 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpmail

Are you using he AC adapter? Once the battery gets discharged too far the only way to get the device recharged is to use AC adapter. USB won't put out enough current to boot far enough to start charging. This is a Kindle issue not caused by this kernel.

The AC adapter puts out 1000 mV where as USB only puts out 100. If the AC adapter doesn't work then you might have a hardware issue. I would suggest leaving it plugged into AC for at least 10 mins before attempting to power it back up. If that doesn't work then you may have damaged the battery which is very unlikely.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
26th April 2012, 03:04 AM   |  #623  
Thanks Meter: 449

1,066 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by backspacepc

The AC adapter puts out 1000 mV where as USB only puts out 100. If the AC adapter doesn't work then you might have a hardware issue. I would suggest leaving it plugged into AC for at least 10 mins before attempting to power it back up. If that doesn't work then you may have damaged the battery which is very unlikely.

Yeah Ive had this happen to me before. It actually happened to me the day i got the device cause iw as messing with it so much. Just plug it into the wall and make sure it is indeed not trying to turn on and walk away for an hour. That should fix it.
26th April 2012, 03:12 AM   |  #624  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 473

533 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlpmail

Ok, now I have to find the AC Adapter.
26th April 2012, 03:17 AM   |  #625  
Flag Jersey City, NJ
Thanks Meter: 51

182 posts
More
Quote:

Agreed, although USB 2.0 can put out up to 500 mA it's just that the kindle itself can use well over that 500 mA just with the screen on lowest setting and sitting on a home screen. And usb 3.0 can put out up to 900 mA. But yes, just plug it to the OEM wall plug. Some aftermarket plugs cant produce the necessary power.
26th April 2012, 03:46 AM   |  #626  
Thanks Meter: 26

60 posts
Quote:

The trouble is when it is dead just plugging in the power causes it to boot before it will charge, it runs out of power and the whole thing starts over. Thats is why you need the added current available with the stock charger just to get it working again. I don't know if USB 3.0 provides enough.
26th April 2012, 07:28 AM   |  #627  
Thanks Meter: 55

403 posts
Is overheating still a known issue? The lower back of my kindle fire still overheats when wifi is on and when charging....

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using xda premium
26th April 2012, 07:35 AM   |  #628  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 126

817 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimemex

Is overheating still a known issue? The lower back of my kindle fire still overheats when wifi is on and when charging....

You need to differentiate overheating from warm to the touch.

Find yourself a G2x, plug in a mini HDMI plug, and that my friend, is what real "overheating" is, granted you had one of the faulty g2x. It would get so hot you wouldn't be able to hold it against your face, let alone the fear that the damn battery would explode.
26th April 2012, 07:47 AM   |  #629  
Flag Amarillo
Thanks Meter: 19

77 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaimemex

My KF stays plugged in to the charger and wifi connected all of the time when I am home. It's never even gotten warm to the touch. I have a battery app that also gives the temperature of the battery. Assuming it is correct the battery has never gotten any warmer than 98 degrees. This being said, I don't imagine anything on my KF has gotten more than a few degrees higher than that.
The Following User Says Thank You to RebelebeR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 09:53 AM   |  #630  
Thanks Meter: 55

403 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelebeR

My KF stays plugged in to the charger and wifi connected all of the time when I am home. It's never even gotten warm to the touch. I have a battery app that also gives the temperature of the battery. Assuming it is correct the battery has never gotten any warmer than 98 degrees. This being said, I don't imagine anything on my KF has gotten more than a few degrees higher than that.

Are u running the latest version of the kernel? #7? Because my kindle has gotten very hot to the point I feared it mite cause screen damage...maybe I'll try a clean install again or going back 2 stock then flashing back to CM9 to see if that will help...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread