IPhone changer incompatibilities

OP thedan55

26th April 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

497 posts
Just tried to use an iPhone masons charged to charge my phone and saw a problem.

The phone charges as fast as I can see but the problem is the phone lags like hell so I just unplugged it.

Should it not Just work?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
26th April 2012, 02:25 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 50

144 posts
There is a USB battery charging specification that basically says how the charger is supposed to indicate to the device how much current it is allowed to draw. They don't do the regular USB negotiation as that would cost more.

iPhones/iPods don't follow that spec. They do their own thing and I guess the One X doesn't like it. I've had non Apple devices that refused to charge off an Apple charger whilst other devices just don't care.
26th April 2012, 05:22 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 88

314 posts
I've charged my one x with a gs2 charger and even a blackberry 9800 charger works.

That alone would have apple suing.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
26th April 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 10

171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Best is if you want to charge using charger other then the original one provided, go with something with lower current output. If your original HTC charger charge at 1000mA, then go with something with lower or exactly same output, ie 500-900mA.

If i'm not wrong normal USB port of PC outputs 500mA, you can charge with higher output, it charges faster but it will affect the battery lifespan. But charging with output that is too high, ie 2000mA might kill the battery, cause it to explode or even worse affects the circuitry of the phone.

General rule for lipo safe charging max charge current equals to battery capacity.. So HOX batt is 1800mAh, so max current should be 1800mA/1.8A. Anything above that is not good for the batt..

Most phone use lithium polymer or lithiun ion battery.. Risk of explosion is always there with these kinds of batteries and LiPo explosions are pretty scarry..

Last edited by cyben76; 26th April 2012 at 07:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cyben76 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Thanks for all the info lads. As far as I know hox charger and iPhone are both 5v 1a (1000ma)

I really hope wish pray beg that the battery life improves with the software updates and that some company any company come out with a case that had a battery like they have for the iPhone's

Battery life Is rough on the hox.

26th April 2012, 08:19 AM   |  #6  

171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedan55

Thanks for all the info lads. As far as I know hox charger and iPhone are both 5v 1a (1000ma)

I really hope wish pray beg that the battery life improves with the software updates and that some company any company come out with a case that had a battery like they have for the iPhone's

Battery life Is rough on the hox.

I hear u, even after the 1.28 OTA batt life about the same eventhough phone runs much cooler now IMO.

I just carry around a portable power pack with me.. Extra 5000mAh in my pocket, will give me nearly 2 full charge.. I prefer power packs to battery cases, cos when i change phone i still can use them..

I'm using this one, one of the cheapest i can find locally..
Last edited by cyben76; 26th April 2012 at 08:27 AM.
26th April 2012, 08:28 AM   |  #7  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Yeah I agree with you there. I keep telling myself once the updates kick in and development really gets underway well definitely see better results but still bugs me. See that's what I do but my current external battery is 12000 and kinda big to carry around with me unless I have like a bag or man bag or something.

I absolutely love this phone and android but I really need better batterey life. And according to the developers here once nvidia improve the drivers for tegra 3 the power management should be allot better. Here's hoping. I am jealous of all the accessories iPhone has though. Although android is getting there now

26th April 2012, 08:35 AM   |  #8  

171 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedan55

Yeah I agree with you there. I keep telling myself once the updates kick in and development really gets underway well definitely see better results but still bugs me. See that's what I do but my current external battery is 12000 and kinda big to carry around with me unless I have like a bag or man bag or something.

I absolutely love this phone and android but I really need better batterey life. And according to the developers here once nvidia improve the drivers for tegra 3 the power management should be allot better. Here's hoping. I am jealous of all the accessories iPhone has though. Although android is getting there now

Easier for manufacturer to concentrate on making money on iphone, thy only have one design for every iphone model..

For Android, manufacturers cant predict which brand and model would make money... They can't possibly make every case for every android device there are simply too many...

Even worse for me in Singapore, retailers are afraid to bring in accessories for anything other then iPhone, so i would have to order from overseas most of the time.
26th April 2012, 06:14 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member

497 posts
Oh man that's harsh. At least here in the UK I can order online. That's the only advantage iPhone has.

26th April 2012, 08:54 PM   |  #10  
Flag Poole, UK
Thanks Meter: 205

1,603 posts
More
I using the iPhone USB plug charger with Kindle USB cable and it works just fine also in work I using the iPhone USB plug charger with USB cable from my Nexus S - charging,no laggs or any other issues at all
Im not an iFann but I have a few of these chargers for free so why not to use it

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread