HTC Style battery indicator w/Percentage - Post #6

Search This thread

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
Title says it all. I hate the battery bar. I wish I knew how to do it myself.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Working on a stock-looking HTC Style battery with percentage right now. Was thinking this today when I looked at my phone and said to myself.. "I wonder where my battery is really at?"

I was gonna contact the guy who made the caprombeta rom, he had battery % showing in his.. since he had his rom out so quick I imagine he must have had a quick and dirty method he could share.
I've seen a lot of people griping about the lack of an ICS look so I was considering using this thread that has a tool to port themes with the ICS.zip attached to that link I posted earlier.. it is supposed to put it into any rom(and looking at the batch file it doesn't need a whole rom, just what needs to be flashed). I would probably have it done already but I'm on my mac, and too lazy to sit at the desktop ;)

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Well here's mine. Nothing changed over stock theme except I added the percentage to the battery icon.

Also has smooth charging animations instead of the standard choppy ones and shows the current percentage between animation cycles while charging.

Used the UOT Kitchen to make it but replaced the battery images with my own. Hope you guys like it.

Just install in recovery.

Attachments

• 2012.04.25-20.40.36.jpg
    2012.04.25-20.40.36.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 1,495
  • TMOUS_ICS_BATTERY_PERCENT_STOCK_LOOK.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 676

jimczyz

Jun 22, 2010
You da man! Thank you, was so sick of guessing what % I had left after only running it 24 hours. Works great.

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Well here's mine. Nothing changed over stock theme except I added the percentage to the battery icon.

Also has smooth charging animations instead of the standard choppy ones and shows the current percentage between animation cycles while charging.

Used the UOT Kitchen to make it but replaced the battery images with my own. Hope you guys like it.

I was playing with UOT earlier, how did you use your own icons? I was looking for that for a WHILE..

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Smexy background by the way

Sent From HTC Amaze Speed Rom 2.0.0 ICS Sensless Alpha 1

Attached. Just extract it from the rar. When you upload a pic as an attachment, it compresses it to a different resolution.

I was playing with UOT earlier, how did you use your own icons? I was looking for that for a WHILE..

It's not a feature directly implemented into the UOT Kitchen.

After the kitchen is done and you download your zip, extract the framework-res.apk from the zip.

Extract the "res" folder from the framework-res.apk and look for the directory "drawable-hdpi". In there you will find 206 images related to the battery. I replaced them all with images that matched HTC's stock battery but including percentage.

After you replace all the images to look how you want, just replace the res folder inside framework-res.apk and replace the one in the zip.

Attachments

• dh_wallpaper_03.rar
    165.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track

did you have to wipe /cache before you installed this?

KnowledgeBroker

Sep 7, 2010
Daytona Beach, Fl
Samsung Galaxy S8+
Attached. Just extract it from the rar. When you upload a pic as an attachment, it compresses it to a different resolution.

After the kitchen is done and you download your zip, extract the framework-res.apk from the zip.

Extract the "res" folder from the framework-res.apk and look for the directory "drawable-hdpi". In there you will find 206 images related to the battery. I replaced them all with images that matched HTC's stock battery but including percentage.

After you replace all the images to look how you want, just replace the res folder inside framework-res.apk and replace the one in the zip.

I got a critical error, all I needed was framework-res.apk, SystemUI.apk and com.htc.resources.apk right? So I'm wondering if we don't have a MTD update binary(I didn't think we have emmc) or if I remember right that I am supposed to recompile or sign the apk or something..
Sigh, I had it all done too :(

AndroidAutobot

Apr 5, 2009
Portland OR
Works great.

Was hoping to use this one -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620376

But couldn't because I'm running this theme -

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1620331

And the update file for it still included all the other (unaltered) images which resulted in the file overwriting all the altered images from the theme lol.

Thankfully this one was put together sans all the unaltered images so it works with the theme just fine. Thanks =)

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda premium

sdizzy101

Sep 20, 2009
Delray Beach, Fl
Is there any way I can revert back to the original battery the percentage stops at 27 until my phone is almost dead

dharvey4651

Retired Senior Moderator
May 11, 2007
Olathe, Kansas
xdaforums.com
Is there any way I can revert back to the original battery the percentage stops at 27 until my phone is almost dead

Same thing here...except mine went something like this 27>26>30>28>26 but the system says my battery is 22. Is anyone else having this issue? Using dharveys battery mod

That's really strange because I haven't noticed that problem. After I first installed ARHD, I noticed my battery percent in the status bar would be 2% high from the battery percent displayed in the unlock screen while unlocking.

After about 2 charge cycles and wiping the battery stats once that normalized and now I have excellent battery life and it's extremely accurate.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium App.

mrmako777

Dec 14, 2010
dragging knee on the track
That's really strange because I haven't noticed that problem. After I first installed ARHD, I noticed my battery percent in the status bar would be 2% high from the battery percent displayed in the unlock screen while unlocking.

After about 2 charge cycles and wiping the battery stats once that normalized and now I have excellent battery life and it's extremely accurate.

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using XDA Premium App.

Right now its 2 above the system. Ill try a few cycles and see what happens and ill report back.

Massiv99

Jan 14, 2011
Toronto

Thanks for that! Super handy, especially since you can see the %age from the lock screen (why wouldn't google/htc build that in??).

One note though - using it today and it reported 9% remaining within the battery icon, but 7% through other means. Not a huge deal, but thought I'd let you know.

Massiv.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

New Battery Mod for new Leak 2.14.531.3

i made this last night for the new ICS 3.6 software version 2.14.531.3
    Please check your version before installing this something changed in framework from the last leak......

*Wipe Battery Stats
    *Wipe Cache
    *install though recovery

2012-05-06_09-33-31.jpg

P.S. I like Blue instead of Green.....
    [MOD]ARHD BatteryPercentage And Extended Quick Settings

Ok guys i just cooked this up for the lastest ARHD ICS rom.2.14.531.3

This mod should add Battery Percentage and extended quick settings.
    Extended Quick Settings might not work on some devices its a hit or miss thing sorry, but battery % will work....

Please check your version, this mod is for advanced users! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK! Please make a nandroid backup!!!!

1) First wipe Dalvik, Cache, Battery stats!

2) Then Install in recovery!

3) Reboot and enjoy!!!

If this has helped you hit the THANKS button.....:D

P.S. This is the green bar/with larger numbers..:rolleyes:
    Getting ready to install it now. Once I finish testing, if all goes well, I'll post it in a few minutes.
    Smexy background by the way

Sent From HTC Amaze Speed Rom 2.0.0 ICS Sensless Alpha 1