Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Voodoo sound is coming to Galaxy R I9103

Tip us?

UnknownzD
Old
(Last edited by UnknownzD; 24th April 2012 at 12:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388
Default Voodoo sound is coming to Galaxy R I9103

Well dear all, I am happy to announce that our devices COULD be supported in the future, so that you guys won't feel that we are left by Samsung devs.

Currently supercurio is working on a new driver (4.0 pre 2) that has some new features and even don't require you to use download mode to flash it (since it is not a patch on the kernel src code) ..... you just need to root the phone to use it. However there is an important note : We are NOT sure whether it will definitely work nor guaranteeing it must work (but it seems like there is a high chance that it will work since our board is similar to the one used in the Galaxy tab 10.1). I will continue to work with supercurio before making further announcement.

btw, as I am just the one who has given out a device for testing. If you like the idea of voodoo sound, please says thank you or donate to supercurio instead. However as the patch is not even out yet, supercurio says that NO donation should be made until the patch is out for I9103. In addition, I will work on providing some additional IO scheduler in the kernel as well as a overclocked kernel if I have some extra time for them.

btw, as told by supercurio, the new driver will be called KAudio.

P.S. Don't pm me for the ETA as the patch is not written by me, but by supercurio. I have no way to use it until the driver is released, @ least that is what I have been told.
The Following 31 Users Say Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

F3niX
Old
Thanks Meter 293
Awesome News Man!! This news is enough to make us Happy!
Glad that another Dev is working
Daily Driver:
Moto G XT1033 || 16GB || Amzer Pudding Case

My Paperweights :
Galaxy R || Lumia 520
Hit THANKS If I have Helped you

Development Guides for Interested Developers (Galaxy R Subforum Link)
Development Guides for Interested Developers (Main Page Link)

akshatsourav
Old
Thanks Meter 190
thanx buddy...

emanoj.i9103
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Looking forward to it.

ofabhishek
Old
Thanks Meter 77

DONATE TO ME
gr8 news....
thanks a lot buddy

polomalkin
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Angry ЮюЮю

Quote:
Voodoo sound is coming to Galaxy R I9103
sounds like
Quote:
ICS is coming to Galaxy R I9103
you know what I'm talking about
Sent from my russian balalayka by drunk bear...
The Following User Says Thank You to polomalkin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

UnknownzD
Old
(Last edited by UnknownzD; 26th April 2012 at 03:22 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 388
well I have my own repository now, but don't expect everything works. Currently the master branch has some kinds of error for accelerometer that it doesn't work atm atm. btw, I am still waiting for supercurio to release his pre2 driver.

https://github.com/UnknownzD/I9103_K...commits/master
The Following User Says Thank You to UnknownzD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

josjator
Old
Thanks Meter 31
This makes me really happy willing to have Voodoo on our i9103 Wolfson! Thanks UnknownzD

pudup
Old
Thanks Meter 48
Never really used voodoo and I already like the headphone quality I already have so if voodoo works the way you say it does then I'm real excited )

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA

josjator
Old
(Last edited by josjator; 27th April 2012 at 01:24 PM.)
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by pudup View Post
Never really used voodoo and I already like the headphone quality I already have so if voodoo works the way you say it does then I'm real excited )

Sent from my GT-I9103 using XDA
Believe me, it is a huge improvement in the sgs i9000. I have one and listen to it everyday. Music is bubbling, has body, and a great definition even with the stock headphones (take care with this, the headphones of the i9103 look identical, but it has a different impedance and quality is not the same). The GR i9103 with Voodoo Sound and good headphones will be a very serious mp3 player far superior to the sgs2 (speaking about music).

The Following User Says Thank You to josjator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]