Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default SOAK Test

We might have a legit one coming soon!

cornelious2
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
word of warning, if you download this, you may get stuck with a bootloader that is not unlockable. You have been warned.

JCSands1109
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Seeing as how my bootloader isn't unlocked anyway, I'm not overly concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to JCSands1109 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

DualSportDad
Old
Thanks Meter 19
mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7

Past devices:
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 298
I signed up. Hopefully I get selected.

JCSands1109
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.

ericdabbs
Old
Thanks Meter 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands1109 View Post
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.
Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.

DualSportDad
Old
Thanks Meter 19
i'm guessing it's something simular to this : http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...ream-sandwich/
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7

Past devices:
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment

JCSands1109
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.
Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!

willysp
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Quote:
Why would it be anything except ICS? I don't know of course, but why would they bother with GB 2.3.5 when they said ICS in Q3? And the timing fits their Q3 statement - maybe even a bit earlier.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!
It would be quite a nice and pleasant surprise, wouldn't it, if a manufacturer released an update ahead of schedule?