Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,721 Members 52,328 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SOAK Test

Tip us?
 
JCSands1109
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2008
Default SOAK Test

We might have a legit one coming soon!
 
cornelious2
Old
#2  
cornelious2's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 162
Posts: 776
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Saint Chuck

 
DONATE TO ME
word of warning, if you download this, you may get stuck with a bootloader that is not unlockable. You have been warned.
 
JCSands1109
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2008
Seeing as how my bootloader isn't unlocked anyway, I'm not overly concerned.
The Following User Says Thank You to JCSands1109 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
DualSportDad
Old
#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 502
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Coral, Fl.
mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7



Past devices:
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment
 
ericdabbs
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 309
Posts: 1,068
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
I signed up. Hopefully I get selected.
 
JCSands1109
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by DualSportDad View Post
mine is but i'll make sure they tell me it can be unlocked after installing whatever it is they want installed..... i'm guessing ICS is what they want tested?
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.
 
ericdabbs
Old
#7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 309
Posts: 1,068
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands1109 View Post
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.
Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.
 
DualSportDad
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 502
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cape Coral, Fl.
i'm guessing it's something simular to this : http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...ream-sandwich/
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 FHD
Sprint Note 2
Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Nexus 7



Past devices:
McPad F1
Motorola Photon
Evo3D
Evo4G
Samsung Moment
 
JCSands1109
Old
#9  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Posts: 56
Join Date: Oct 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdabbs View Post
Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.
Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!
 
willysp
Old
#10  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 568
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands1109 View Post
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.
Why would it be anything except ICS? I don't know of course, but why would they bother with GB 2.3.5 when they said ICS in Q3? And the timing fits their Q3 statement - maybe even a bit earlier.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCSands1109 View Post
Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!
It would be quite a nice and pleasant surprise, wouldn't it, if a manufacturer released an update ahead of schedule?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Device Review: Samsung Gear Live

Recently, Google announced Android Wear to the world. Android Wear is the Android-based initiative from … more

Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more