Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

MB865 Indian Retail Firmware FXZ/SBF is out now. Any Devs here??

OP raj_sh06

26th April 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 99

338 posts
Gonna download and flash 5.5.1-EDEM-27-SEARET_cfc.xml.zip on an AT&T Atrix 2 and see AT&T's restrictions will be gone happily.
Last edited by PhoenixNghi; 26th April 2012 at 04:11 AM.
26th April 2012, 04:19 AM   |  #12  
Flag New Orleans
Thanks Meter: 399

655 posts
More
WARNING!!!!!

Do not flash the Indian fxz to your phone, even just the system .img! If you flash the whole fxz then it will fail. If you flash the system .img you will get the infamous "Invalid CG Version" error, and you might get it to boot if you flash the boot .img but the phone does not accept the Indian boot.
The Following User Says Thank You to cogeary For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 04:51 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 99

338 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogeary

WARNING!!!!!

Do not flash the Indian fxz to your phone, even just the system .img! If you flash the whole fxz then it will fail. If you flash the system .img you will get the infamous "Invalid CG Version" error, and you might get it to boot if you flash the boot .img but the phone does not accept the Indian boot.

Phew , posted and waited for comments like this.
Thanks for warning, finally I understand that only ATT firmwares are suitable for flashing the whole packet, right?
Atrix 2 is not like Milestone, MS can be flashed any carrier without problems (some FW may improve radio signal)
26th April 2012, 11:37 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 0

25 posts
More
Unhappy help please!!!
I have the US version of the Atrix 2, and I tried to flash it with the Indian firmware in RSD Lite. But I got flashing failed error in step 7 of the flashing process. So I tried to flash it with the Original ATT firmware, but it fails in step 3 for the ATT firmware. Please help man, I love this phone
26th April 2012, 04:37 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 26

131 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cogeary

WARNING!!!!!

So it all makes sense now, only those phone which are sold in INDIA is supported by that FXZ, since I cannot flash the US FXZ on my Indian Phone, it just does not support!

So I guess, the only way to go ahead with building a ROM from this FXZ is to have a Indian Build phone ...(LOL I sound like racist... ) Then restore the ROM later on US phones!
26th April 2012, 06:55 PM   |  #16  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukesh18

Does the above Stock Indian firmware have motolounge integrated to it? So that we can enjoy the free EA games.

This is 2.3.6 build. EA Games are there... 10 free full version games...
26th April 2012, 06:59 PM   |  #17  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sknight13602

any ideas on what ASIAOPS is then I guess I find out when I unpack it?

I believe ASIAOPS is for some particular Asian Operator in some country, I am not sure though. MEARET is Middle East Retail, SEARET is South East Asia Retail.... Initially just guessed this SEARET thing and then matched with my ROM backup.
26th April 2012, 07:11 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 2,097

1,552 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph_syk

So it all makes sense now, only those phone which are sold in INDIA is supported by that FXZ, since I cannot flash the US FXZ on my Indian Phone, it just does not support!

So I guess, the only way to go ahead with building a ROM from this FXZ is to have a Indian Build phone ...(LOL I sound like racist... ) Then restore the ROM later on US phones!

I'm pretty sure we can use the pieces to build from we just can't flash the whole thing... this gives us a true 2.3.6 to build from rather than updated cwm backups....

Sent from my MB865 using XDA
26th April 2012, 07:16 PM   |  #19  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rukesh18

I have the US version of the Atrix 2, and I tried to flash it with the Indian firmware in RSD Lite. But I got flashing failed error in step 7 of the flashing process. So I tried to flash it with the Original ATT firmware, but it fails in step 3 for the ATT firmware. Please help man, I love this phone

Hey man, try one given at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1539167 I guess this one is simplest method. I once screwed my Indian version and used this and I was up and running in no time whereas flashing through RSD Lite didn't work for me.
26th April 2012, 07:24 PM   |  #20  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph_syk

Not entirely true. I have been insisting on this in every thread here that AT&T stock works on Indian version BUT if you try and flash 2.3.6 with RSD Lite it fails. I have an Indian version but if you try 2.3.5, particularly from forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1539167 it flashes and works flawlessly, though with AT&T restrictions. I tried every method but this script thing was only method that worked for my Indian Atrix 2, I am not sure how, but it brought my phone to life and then I flashed 2.3.6 over it and it worked, even AT&T version...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread