xperia play, help.

Search This thread

Adam1986

Apr 25, 2012
Hey, I have an xperia play 800i and am wanting to no the best way to get the most out of my phone, I was just wondering whats the best things to do to it? Like what have you xperia play users done to to it? What are the must haves :) any help is appreciated, thanks.

I have my play rooted. It was the one click way I think.

Reactions: letmedanz
D

DennisDroid

unlock your bl.
flash doomlords kernel
overclock it

additional:
create ext3 partition on sd card for link2sd to increase your internal memory

Adam1986

Apr 25, 2012
Thanks but without the links to what your talking about, I dont no what your really talking about, thanks for replying tho.

letmedanz

Aug 26, 2010
Bangalore
Google Pixel 7 Pro
i think that's a good question.
i remember having the same thought when i picked up my wife's phone to 'do up' :)

anyways you need to first check out all the various gingerbread/ICS roms in the development section.
see if you are happy with stock or would like a little 'difference'

do note that compared to stock there are always chances of a few bugs which you definitely can live with.

next or alternately i would suggest you check out all the emulators & games out there.
it's a play, so that's probably the first thing you would want to do ;)

am guessing you new to this, so do a LOT of reading in this section, the Q&A section and the dev section... am sure you'll soon find more than enough ways to get the most off your phone.

enjoy

Reactions: Adam1986

Adam1986

Apr 25, 2012
Yea im pretty new to this, ive rooted it and tried a few scripts thats it, ive been reading thru threads for bout 2hrs ha, theres loads of different stuff. I use my phone a lot so if I overclock it what would be safe? Or should I even overclock it? What have you done to your phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey, I have an xperia play 800i and am wanting to no the best way to get the most out of my phone, I was just wondering whats the best things to do to it? Like what have you xperia play users done to to it? What are the must haves :) any help is appreciated, thanks.

I have my play rooted. It was the one click way I think.
    I good place to start out would be to root you phone, instructions found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1312859

From there, you can decide if you want to unlock your bootloader and flash custom ROMs.
    i think that's a good question.
    i remember having the same thought when i picked up my wife's phone to 'do up' :)

anyways you need to first check out all the various gingerbread/ICS roms in the development section.
    see if you are happy with stock or would like a little 'difference'

do note that compared to stock there are always chances of a few bugs which you definitely can live with.

next or alternately i would suggest you check out all the emulators & games out there.
    it's a play, so that's probably the first thing you would want to do ;)

am guessing you new to this, so do a LOT of reading in this section, the Q&A section and the dev section... am sure you'll soon find more than enough ways to get the most off your phone.

enjoy