5,606,201 Members 32,720 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[RoM][XWLPY-4.0.4-ICS]SHOstock2 v6.2 [11/13/2012](FINAL)

Tip us?

Galaxy_Cat
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by twolves14 View Post
Was an issue on v1.3 for me, but wipe might fix it. Alternatively, guess I could flash
RemoveCRT and then reflash InstallCRT.
yeah, it could be an "error carried forward" thingy, never know.

ATT i377
GoldenEye 20
UCUEMK2
3.4.0-1921628 kernel

I thank you, you thank me, we all get thanked, hooray!

harlenm
Old
Thanks Meter 118
So, this was discussed several pages back, about Bluetooth map profile and Ford's being able to read SMS from the phone. It does work, but not properly. This isn't specific to this rom, but all ics roms that I've tried. The car will download the SMS but is unable to read the "from" info. Here is a pic of the error.

rogersa2k
Old
(Last edited by rogersa2k; 26th April 2012 at 03:09 AM.)
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu. View Post
I've gotten that error before on prior versions of ShoStock2. All I could tell is it's got something to do with Bluetooth. I tend to force close it myself when I see it (I'm contemplating Titanium Backup and wiping it off the phone).
I never use Bluetooth so that's probably not it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoman94 View Post
Open MMS and click menu then settings...... scroll all the way down to notifications...
There isa vibrate button.... click that then set to always.
Honestly, I delete the MMS.apk (and a few other things) from any rom I use before flashing. I *never* use stock MMS.

Quote:
Settings/sounds vibrate and ring checked? volume slider for vibration all the way up? Otherwise you have something else taking over. Some sms pop up app? Different SMS? Try to re-install or wipe and re-install.
I use Handcent so that's probably it. I'll make those changes and get back to you. Gotta watch the kids until mommy gets home.

Edit: Btw, this just started happening today after upgrading to 2.2.1.

- Aaron

chmcke01
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Default Thats like the opposite for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78Staff View Post
yeah I did too...in GB.
Thats like the opposite for me. K-9 won't work with my exchange (I put in server information right but it still said it couldn't find the server, I work in the IT office at my work so I know the correct information) so I tried the stock email app for work and K-9 for everything else...but in GB the stock email was really iffy, I would miss an important email because it didn't come to my phone or I would delete messages and they would go away on my phone but only sometimes actually delete for real.

I ended up switching to Touchdown for work email. Ever since I have been on SHOstock2 (thus ICS) the stock email app has been great. No problems whatsoever. Still wish K-9 would work though so I could have all of my email in one place, although it is probably best to keep my work email separate anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I don't think this is a ROM issue, but I am on SHOstock2 v2.2.1 and I have a friend with a completely stock SGS2 (also AT&T) and our voice mail boxes have different "features." Namely, if someone calls my friend and they leave a voice mail, there is an option to reply if you press on the more options menu. I don't have that, it isn't listed as an option and if you press it anyway it says "invalid selection." Anyone have any ideas as to why?

shoman94
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
Thats like the opposite for me. K-9 won't work with my exchange (I put in server information right but it still said it couldn't find the server, I work in the IT office at my work so I know the correct information) so I tried the stock email app for work and K-9 for everything else...but in GB the stock email was really iffy, I would miss an important email because it didn't come to my phone or I would delete messages and they would go away on my phone but only sometimes actually delete for real.

I ended up switching to Touchdown for work email. Ever since I have been on SHOstock2 (thus ICS) the stock email app has been great. No problems whatsoever. Still wish K-9 would work though so I could have all of my email in one place, although it is probably best to keep my work email separate anyway.

---------- Post added at 10:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:05 PM ----------

I don't think this is a ROM issue, but I am on SHOstock2 v2.2.1 and I have a friend with a completely stock SGS2 (also AT&T) and our voice mail boxes have different "features." Namely, if someone calls my friend and they leave a voice mail, there is an option to reply if you press on the more options menu. I don't have that, it isn't listed as an option and if you press it anyway it says "invalid selection." Anyone have any ideas as to why?
Not the ROM....lol
Probably cause you have the simple options in your VM. Listen to all your options and I believe the is a simple/advanced option.
<a href=http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic1670609_1.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://forum.xda-developers.com/sign...c1670609_1.gif</a>
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
Stock-JellyBean

Asus Transformer[16gb]
ICS RevolutionHD

rogersa2k
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Ugh, this may have been mentioned and I hate to harp on this subject, but it appears that the Sense recent apps doesn't work in Landscape mode. This is a pretty big issue for me as I often have my phone that way when driving.

- Aaron

shoman94
Old
(Last edited by shoman94; 26th April 2012 at 04:24 AM.)
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 11761

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogersa2k View Post
Ugh, this may have been mentioned and I hate to harp on this subject, but it appears that the Sense recent apps doesn't work in Landscape mode. This is a pretty big issue for me as I often have my phone that way when driving.

- Aaron
Yes I know....
<a href=http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic1670609_1.gif target=_blank rel=nofollow >http://forum.xda-developers.com/sign...c1670609_1.gif</a>
IRC: freenode|#shostock

Asus Transformer Prime[32gb]
Stock-JellyBean

Asus Transformer[16gb]
ICS RevolutionHD

rogersa2k
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Yes I know....
And I was just starting to get used to the change.

- Aaron

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatusNatus View Post
What is the today update. I cant see it on changelog.
Not sure why you can't see the changelog:

Quote:
Update; v2.2.1
-Fix Messaging no vibrate
-Added Vibrate toggle in Messaging Settings
-Background for Recent Apps 30% Transparent
-Doubled Battery Charging Animation speed
-Fix Recent apps not full length.
- Aaron
The Following User Says Thank You to rogersa2k For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chmcke01
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Default Nope

Quote:
Not the ROM....lol
Probably cause you have the simple options in your VM. Listen to all your options and I believe the is a simple/advanced option.
No, even with the advanced option I still don't have a reply option. Do you? Is it just me?

RatusNatus
Old
Thanks Meter 172
Yeah, I saw it but 2.21 is out and is not from the 25/04 as the title says.
So I was wondering if there is anything new on it today.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Tags
beast, best kernel, cherrypicker, mhl compatible, sgh-i777, shostock, shostock2