Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,866 Members 51,682 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need SDcard fix

Tip us?

nolimitzr2
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 88
Default Need SDcard fix

I somehow botched my 32gb sd card, it wasn't used in soff process, its OEM SanDisk, can't mount it on rezound or my bolt. Format fails in recovery. Tried even the sdcard repair for post soff juopunutbear use no dice. Any ideas?

mjh68
Old
(Last edited by mjh68; 26th April 2012 at 02:28 AM.)
Thanks Meter 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitzr2 View Post
I somehow botched my 32gb sd card, it wasn't used in soff process, its OEM SanDisk, can't mount it on rezound or my bolt. Format fails in recovery. Tried even the sdcard repair for post soff juopunutbear use no dice. Any ideas?
Use a partition manager like gparted live , to recreate the partition and reformat

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to mjh68 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zounduser
Old
Thanks Meter 1,497

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by nolimitzr2 View Post
damn that sucks! i had same thing happen, took it back to bestbuy...without receipt and they gave me a new 1. try doing thay. just tell um u just got it n it was messed up!

Nopi45
Old
(Last edited by Nopi45; 26th April 2012 at 05:52 AM.)
Thanks Meter 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by zounduser View Post
damn that sucks! i had same thing happen, took it back to bestbuy...without receipt and they gave me a new 1. try doing thay. just tell um u just got it n it was messed up!
Wrong answer there is a few forms that tell you how to fix this i.e. (FAQ) S-OFF in the general thread.

Edit: ill learn not to jump to conclusions

Verizon Unlocked Galaxy S III CM10

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nopi45 View Post
Wrong answer there is a few forms that tell you how to fix this i.e. (FAQ) S-OFF in the general thread.

Err... I appreciate the enthusiasm to help the OP there, but... they stated they tried those fixes already. And the card wasn't involved in any S-off corruption; probably the best bet is some good ol' partition software on a PC like another said.

And, exchanging the card isn't a "wrong" answer lol. I get where you're coming from though, I'm as shocked as you to see a problem not related to S-off pop up in a thread again

The Following User Says Thank You to PhantasmRezound For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nopi45
Old
Thanks Meter 64
Foot in mouth:sly:

Verizon Unlocked Galaxy S III CM10