Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,893 Members 42,699 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

The cell phone trade game

Tip us?

monkor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Default The cell phone trade game

I feel bad about opening up another thread and I apologize if this is the wrong board for this already, but you guys are without a doubt the most knowledgeable people on phones I've ever read/talked to so I need your advice...

My starting point: Samsung Exhibit 4G (mint condition)
My goal: MT4GS (found a seller willing to give me one for $230)

I'm about to pull the trigger on a phone swap for a MT4G. I also have to throw in $25. Is that a good deal? I feel like it is because then I can sell that MT4G for like $200 then just pay for the rest.

wiswis
Old
Thanks Meter 66
I was just looking in ebay and i saw a mytouch 4g slide for 170

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
The Following User Says Thank You to wiswis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monkor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Every time I try to get one on Ebay, I feel like I'm getting bamboozled! I've bid on so many auctions in the past few days, to no success. I almost won one for 175, then the seller cancelled the entire thing.

wiswis
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkor View Post
Every time I try to get one on Ebay, I feel like I'm getting bamboozled! I've bid on so many auctions in the past few days, to no success. I almost won one for 175, then the seller cancelled the entire thing.
Tht sucks

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Blue6IX
Old
Thanks Meter 1133

DONATE TO ME
4g slide in good condition on craigslist is in the 275-300 range.

Scratch and dent beat up phones get 100-200 generally.

I've been trying to find a good silver one for a while now, and if I wanted something abused I could get one in a snap. Finding one that's actually been taken care of and will last me a while instead of crapping out immediately takes more $
Nook Color: MicroSD info: Here and Here.

--> RTFM <-- | XDA Mantra - Spirit of XDA | ... Donations? Read this

monkor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue6IX View Post
4g slide in good condition on craigslist is in the 275-300 range.

Scratch and dent beat up phones get 100-200 generally.

I've been trying to find a good silver one for a while now, and if I wanted something abused I could get one in a snap. Finding one that's actually been taken care of and will last me a while instead of crapping out immediately takes more $
Exactly. I'm picking one up for $150 tomorrow, hopefully in good enough condition. The guy is a military man so he says he takes care of his stuff, but we'll see. I'm a stickler for cosmetic issues, as I firmly believe it points to other potential hardware faults on the phone. If you drop it a lot, chances are it's not going to function up to snuff. I'm careful to the point where someone might consider it OCD, but whatever because I can sell my phones back as mint condition later on.

wjcarpenter
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I also watch these on eBay. You really don't see many used ones that are cosmetically in great shape. That silver bezel, especially, seems to attract a lot of nicks.

FWIW, YMMV, .... :)

monkor
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjcarpenter View Post
I also watch these on eBay. You really don't see many used ones that are cosmetically in great shape. That silver bezel, especially, seems to attract a lot of nicks.

FWIW, YMMV, .... :)
That silver bezel, and the phone in and of itself, seems to dent easier than playdough! Not the screen, mind you, but everything else. I actually found a really, really good deal on a mint condition LG G2x ($170). What would you say about getting that? I mean it doesn't have the keyboard, but it has a pretty large screen that may work. Not to mention an 8MP camera, 1Ghz dual-core processor. The downsides are less ppi and less ram, and obviously the keyboard. I don't know if I'd be taking a step back or not...

marc12868
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
That silver bezel, and the phone in and of itself, seems to dent easier than playdough! Not the screen, mind you, but everything else. I actually found a really, really good deal on a mint condition LG G2x ($170). What would you say about getting that? I mean it doesn't have the keyboard, but it has a pretty large screen that may work. Not to mention an 8MP camera, 1Ghz dual-core processor. The downsides are less ppi and less ram, and obviously the keyboard. I don't know if I'd be taking a step back or not...
Not too mention that it seems everyone who owns one hates it... something to think about.

My phone history

godbilla
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Lol, I know what ya mean around november when I was trying to get my phone I won a brand new in box mt4gs for 275. Then AFTER I won and paid he canceled without my concent and I had my money in paypal limbo for 2 weeks. And he had the nerve to repost the item for 350.

Sent from my myTouch 4G Slide using Tapatalk