Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,446 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

STUPID Sense 3.6 you suck!!!!!!

Tip us?

knifeproz
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by seansk View Post
what exactly do you not like about sense, or think that HTC has made worse. I'm not taking sides, just wanted to know what those things are! I havn't upgraded myself yet, but was wondering. a list would be awesome Thanks.
Personally: The lockscreen - you're stuck with one choice. A stupid ring...what if I don't like it? too bad htc says. the transitions; where are the choices? you are a big time company, i prefer using Go launcher because it has more of those, and there are customizable lock screens. you can't even change the theme much; its just the back ground color and the backlight of hitting a button.

In my opinion; the only thing that's good is sense 4.0 - which only one device is getting. thats the only good sense that i've seen, and yet that might be crap too (at least in my opinion).

I know many love sense and hate AOSP, but it's really prefference i guess. I love aosp because i can do what i want with my device..change how i wanna navigate, where i wanna navigate and when, not have it set for me and adapt to it even if i don't like it. that's my 2 cents.
Carrier: T-Mobile
Device: HTC HD2 1.1 GHZ
ROM: IceCreamTosi v.09
Kernel: Tyt_ICS_R1

Device: HTC Amaze 4g
ROM: Fourth Bar Sense
The Following User Says Thank You to knifeproz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xManMythLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 108
I have to echo the sentiments.
Android 4.0 with Sense is utter trash.

The biggest add ons were browser , People (contacts dialer) , Keyboard , and Camera/Gallery.
None of those features are in this and HTCs are all inferior or downright trashy.
Acer Iconia or Galaxy Tab 10.1 ?
My comparison
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8#post14801098

pavoid
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I wanted all the ics blueness. Sense 3.6 has been neutered of the blueness.

For shame HTC. For shame.

I figure once a senseless rom is made I will learn how to root my Amaze and do that.

In the meantime aesthetics aside I like this ics leak alright. It seems better than the previous.

aj_2423
Old
Thanks Meter 1,033
The debate about sense vs aosp has got to be one of the most pointless discussions that for some reason gets brought up every day! its a damn matter of opinion. Theres no need for people to go around to different threads and state "sense sucks, sense is garbage" or "aosp sucks, aosp is garbage"... I love sense, some love aosp, (and well for some reason some love ios hehe). And thats great, good for u, but nobody cares that u think sense is trash.. or vise versa, so stop clogging up threads with worthless comments like that. Thanks. Good day now!

Sent from my NRGized amaze
Via XDA premium

pavoid
Old
(Last edited by PeartFan40; 26th April 2012 at 08:50 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
[QUOTE=aj_2423;25322112]The debate about sense vs aosp has got to be one of the most pointless discussions that for some reason gets brought up every day! its a damn matter of opinion. Theres no need for people to go around to different threads and state "sense sucks, sense is garbage" or "aosp sucks, aosp is garbage"... I love sense, some love aosp, (and well for some reason some love ios hehe). And thats great, good for u, but nobody cares that u think sense is trash.. or vise versa, so stop clogging up threads with worthless comments like that. Thanks. Good day now!

Via XDA

Edited by MOD:

I'm a MOD. Is there a problem? No arguing, baiting, flaming, or drama.
The Following User Says Thank You to pavoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Lunaillij
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by coupetastic-droid View Post
Sense is way much sexier. Aosp just got boring.
I would have to agree with coupetastic- droid . I love the eye candy that they call Sense.

$sudo make me a sandwich
glacierguy Old
Thanks Meter 0
GB AOSP is boring... ICS 4.0.3 and 4.0.4 AOSP is super icy and sexy. Sense always looks the same

Sent from my HTC Ruby running Sense 3.6
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xManMythLegend
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by aj_2423 View Post
The debate about sense vs aosp has got to be one of the most pointless discussions that for some reason gets brought up every day! its a damn matter of opinion. Theres no need for people to go around to different threads and state "sense sucks, sense is garbage" or "aosp sucks, aosp is garbage"... I love sense, some love aosp, (and well for some reason some love ios hehe). And thats great, good for u, but nobody cares that u think sense is trash.. or vise versa, so stop clogging up threads with worthless comments like that. Thanks. Good day now!

Via XDA premium
It sucks. Deal with it.
It outlived its usefulness after the Hero. It can't be turned off or removed and has less features than the pieces it replaces. The apps I mentioned are
vastly inferior period.
Fragmentation and horrible skin layovers like sense have been a problem for Android that are only getting worse. Lock screen widgets etc could all be added without getting in the way of stock Android. It doesn't so by default it sucks.
My comparison

kazukun_89
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by knifeproz View Post
Personally: The lockscreen - you're stuck with one choice. A stupid ring...what if I don't like it? too bad htc says. the transitions; where are the choices? you are a big time company, i prefer using Go launcher because it has more of those, and there are customizable lock screens. you can't even change the theme much; its just the back ground color and the backlight of hitting a button.

In my opinion; the only thing that's good is sense 4.0 - which only one device is getting. thats the only good sense that i've seen, and yet that might be crap too (at least in my opinion).

I know many love sense and hate AOSP, but it's really prefference i guess. I love aosp because i can do what i want with my device..change how i wanna navigate, where i wanna navigate and when, not have it set for me and adapt to it even if i don't like it. that's my 2 cents.
You were right. I wants to use a phone with all of the choices I want. But a one way device, means you interact and you cannot do what you want. That why it sucks

xManMythLegend
Old
(Last edited by PeartFan40; 26th April 2012 at 08:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snargaflab View Post
So? He is allowed to post his opinions about others opinions just as you are about his? You just did the same thing he did. You don't think he should post his opinions and he doesn't think others should post theirs. The fact of the matter is that you're both posting opinion's telling people (directly or indirectly) not to post opinions.

You may find them to be inferior and some others may not. When you were raised did someone not explain the concept of opinion to you? How about the concept of open source? The reason that android is so great is because you get the option to choose the android that suits you. If you want AOSP you should have bought a Galaxy Nexus. Roughly the same specs, roughly the same price. Complaining about it simply shows that you made the wrong decision and are blaming it on other people. If you don't like HTC or the way they chose to set up their phones then don't buy them. You have free will. You're using it to complain on the internet right now. Everything that you said is your own opinion. None of it is fact, or even particularly educated. Some of it is just straight up wrong. There are plenty of sense apps that have features that AOSP lacks and vice versa. As you said yourself, "Deal with it." And in case you aren't able to distinguish, this is just my opinion.
Yeah and some people are delusional. Horrible skins like sense UI are part of the android problem and ceased to be part of the solution years ago.
Free will? Seriously we're talking a out the uselessness of embedded skins and your yapping about free will?
Galaxy nexus exlusive to Verizon....ICS exclusively for that phone for nearly 4 months?
That's open source? You mean the OEMS that continue to lock down devices not release drivers and embedded there useless software onto the aosp so Development is a constant battle against limitations instead of expansion of options and creativity?
CM team wouldn't exist if things had been this locked down by OEMs from the beginning. The fragmentation because of crap like Sense hurts everyone .

Edited:

No baiting, arguing, flaming, or drama. If you must do that, take it to PM. Thanks.
My comparison

Tags
amaze, demo, ics, lies