Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: What do you think of me as a developer?
You really suck 9 4.48%
You're not that good 5 2.49%
You're ok 26 12.94%
You're just good 46 22.89%
You're really great 115 57.21%
Voters: 201. You may not vote on this poll

[Rom GSM][19/06]KA14 Ice Cream Sony test version [Recontinued Rom]

Tip us?

cyrusalmighty
Old
(Last edited by cyrusalmighty; 24th April 2012 at 11:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 146

DONATE TO ME
The download link for :KA12 reboot + 30steps media volume + AOSP lockscreen add-on isnt working. But I thought I read somewhere in thread that it made no changes to the rom and wasnt working. Is this true?

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper DG View Post
Is this not a steady daily driver yet? Sounds like everything works, including camera and mms (which are 50/50 in other roms), but still get reboots randomly?

Don't know if it helps any, but I'm on stock 2.3.3, rooted with zergrush and locked bootloader, and I occasionally get reboots. Maybe once, possibly twice every month.

Edit:
Also. when looking at DoomLord ICS kernel, he has one for 2.0ghz and 1.6ghz. How do I know which one to use?
Bottom line: This Rom is pretty stable and might serve most as a daily driver(like myself), but it does have its lags and reboots once in a while as it is still based off the beta. As far as the lower boot or higher boot(1.6 or 2.0 ghz), it is completely up to the owner. The higher boot is more aggressive, but your phone may not be able to take being overclocked that much. I personally always stay with the lower boot(1.6), but this is only because I have never OC'ed my phone higher then 1.402 ghz.
Q: Can anyone confirm whether the 380mb to 420mb tweak works on this Rom?
EDIT**- It worked fine on this KA12 rom so I have 40 extra mbs now.

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasper DG View Post
Is this not a steady daily driver yet? Sounds like everything works, including camera and mms (which are 50/50 in other roms), but still get reboots randomly?

Don't know if it helps any, but I'm on stock 2.3.3, rooted with zergrush and locked bootloader, and I occasionally get reboots. Maybe once, possibly twice every month.

Edit:
Also. when looking at DoomLord ICS kernel, he has one for 2.0ghz and 1.6ghz. How do I know which one to use?
Which kernel you choose depends on how high you plan to overclock.

But you can't use this on a locked bootloader.

Sent from my R800x using xda premium
NetizenMT - Rocking the 'Net since 1986 and STILL a N00b!

Motorola Droid Razr M - Now Deceased.
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
TWRP 2.7.1.0

gertman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
netizenmt,

If I am reading your posts correctly, 3G data does NOT work yet for the R800x?

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by gertman View Post
netizenmt,

If I am reading your posts correctly, 3G data does NOT work yet for the R800x?
That would be correct. You can get it sort of working, in that the phone detects you are on a 3G network. But you can't actually use it other than to possibly browse the market or net, and that's spotty at best. Which is too bad because th ROM works pretty well otherwise.
Sent from my R800x using xda premium

Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
TWRP 2.7.1.0

2abani
Old
Thanks Meter 0
face unlock couldn't start
i flashed the KA12Faceunlock zip file

any advice?

netizenmt
Old
Thanks Meter 359
So, I am in the mood for a fight tonight... meaning I'm going to fiddle with this ROM again tonight and see how far I get with it. I really like this ROM, and it annoys the tar out of me that I had it working exactly ONCE with the data on the R800x. I know it can work, I just have to figure out what I did that made it happen..

Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
TWRP 2.7.1.0

paxChristos
Old
(Last edited by paxChristos; 26th April 2012 at 06:45 AM.)
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by netizenmt View Post
So, I am in the mood for a fight tonight... meaning I'm going to fiddle with this ROM again tonight and see how far I get with it. I really like this ROM, and it annoys the tar out of me that I had it working exactly ONCE with the data on the R800x. I know it can work, I just have to figure out what I did that made it happen..
An idea that I had but never got around to doing is decompiling framework.jar on both this/CM9 & replace all of the icsBeta cdma files with CM9 ones & recompiling & checking to see if that works... If your up to the task, here's a quick tutorial I found: http://adrynalyne-teachtofish.blogsp...e-jar.html?m=1

You'll need smali, baksmali and a good zip utility (I suggest izarc). Once you get classes.dex decompiled, you'll need to do a little but of browsing to find the telephony folder. (Hopefully, that's the magical one)

Godspeed and good luck on your endeavors :P
Pax

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax
The Following User Says Thank You to paxChristos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Atarii
Old
Thanks Meter 391
Quote:
So, I am in the mood for a fight tonight...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paxChristos View Post
An idea that I had but never got around to doing is decompiling framework.jar on both this/CM9 & replace all of the icsBeta cdma files with CM9 ones & recompiling & checking to see if that works... If your up to the task, here's a quick tutorial I found: http://adrynalyne-teachtofish.blogsp...e-jar.html?m=1

You'll need smali, baksmali and a good zip utility (I suggest izarc). Once you get classes.dex decompiled, you'll need to do a little but of browsing to find the telephony folder. (Hopefully, that's the magical one)

Godspeed and good luck on your endeavors :P
Pax

Sent from my phone, please excuse any Swypos.
I can help you guys out with this if you like. I've got some stuff to finish up for an update for ICS++, but I've noticed loads of cdma toggles/specific files, so was planning to take a look into it at some point anyways.

I've had my head knee-deep in dex code over the last few weeks and am willing to lend a hand.

Sent from my R800i using XDA
The Following User Says Thank You to Atarii For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

netizenmt
Old
(Last edited by netizenmt; 26th April 2012 at 11:17 AM.)
Thanks Meter 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atarii View Post
I can help you guys out with this if you like. I've got some stuff to finish up for an update for ICS++, but I've noticed loads of cdma toggles/specific files, so was planning to take a look into it at some point anyways.

I've had my head knee-deep in dex code over the last few weeks and am willing to lend a hand.

Sent from my R800i using XDA
Well, I can guarantee you would be more likely to have success than I will, as I have never done anything like this. I'm game though!

And Thanks also to Pax !

EDIT: So far so good - I have calls working properly, with one error message the first call each time I reboot. I'm trying to figure out the instructions with that whole dex code jar thingy Pax posted up. Don't look for any amazing developments from me; I'm clueless here.

EDIT #2: Well, I replaced the CDMA sections with those from CM9 as Pax suggested. (That's the limit of my abilities.) Recompiled classes.dex, stuck it back in the KA12 zip file, and tried installing it. However, it just bootlooped on the kernel splash screen.

Reinstalled the original KA12 first and got that to boot up, then reinstalled my file. This time it booted OK. However, CDMA still has no service. In fact, it's a bit worse because even using the patches from Krabappel2548, I can't get the CDMA signal enabled at all now.

Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
CWM Recovery 6.0.4.8

Replacement Razr M
Android KitKat 4.4
Unlocked Bootloader
Fully Stock
TWRP 2.7.1.0

paxChristos
Old
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter 1,487

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
EDIT #2: Well, I replaced the CDMA sections with those from CM9 as Pax suggested. (That's the limit of my abilities.) Recompiled classes.dex, stuck it back in the KA12 zip file, and tried installing it. However, it just bootlooped on the kernel splash screen.
Shucks, it's too bad we don't have AdamOutler's genius on this forum. (If you don't watch xda-tv, he "unboxes" (tears apart a phone & explains some of the stuff about the boards used, including how testpoints work with kernel debugging, because if it bootloops on the kernel splash screen, logcat won't work ))
Quote:
Reinstalled the original KA12 first and got that to boot up, then reinstalled my file. This time it booted OK. However, CDMA still has no service. In fact, it's a bit worse because even using the patches from Krabappel2548, I can't get the CDMA signal enabled at all now.
There's something fishy about this beta... I don't know why it's so hit-or-miss, there's something really weird with it then...

Pax
Tips:
*Logcat or it never happened. *Search before posting *Go to User CP -> Edit Options -> switch "Number of Posts to Show Per Page" to 50. *Reporting Posts

Looks like I won't be doing anything android for a long time

Thanks for the lul'z

Pax