Major help please

OP phihung07

26th April 2012, 01:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

35 posts
hi everyone

i start flash custom roms couple days ago, trying out "temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD RC1-94" everything work great, just some of the .apk was not working, so i decide to go back to stock roms, i thought it be simple process restore it backup, but adter it restore LG logo keep boot and restart. so i start reading found this thread i try it out, load it install this zip file,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1021554

now i can't return to recovery menu, and it keep booting and restart, please what can i do now did i brick the phone, i'm so lost right now, please help thanks
26th April 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #2  
OP Member

35 posts
after many try and ton of reading, i thought my is total brick, trying out smartflash method also get error when flashing, thank to this post from "75markus " i was able to restore back to 2.2 froyo

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...32&postcount=6
26th April 2012, 09:01 AM   |  #3  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 16

100 posts
More
Next time don't forget to flash Back2Ext3 before restoring stock backup
26th April 2012, 09:20 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Durio

Next time don't forget to flash Back2Ext3 before restoring stock backup

Yes - that happened to me also. My first "bad" experience with flashing
26th April 2012, 01:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

35 posts
from what i read CM7 running ext4, stock runing ext3 right?

so now i'm back with stock running froyo, i still have my backup files on with sd card. Do i root and install rom manager then install Back2Ext3, and final running restore? will this restore back to my original state since i backup using cwm to backup.

thank guy
26th April 2012, 02:03 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 39

457 posts
yes, cm7 uses ext4 system mount. i just use a zip file which i flash from recovery if i need to get back to ext3.

here it is btw if you are on stock froyo and want to restore stock gingerbread (if i understood you right) you dont need to use back to ext3 again, just restore your back up.
Attached Files
File Type: zip p990-ext3.zip - [Click for QR Code] (142.4 KB, 6 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to xilw3r For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th April 2012, 03:44 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

10 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phihung07

hi everyone

i start flash custom roms couple days ago, trying out "temasek's UNOFFICIAL BUILD RC1-94" everything work great, just some of the .apk was not working, so i decide to go back to stock roms, i thought it be simple process restore it backup, but adter it restore LG logo keep boot and restart. so i start reading found this thread i try it out, load it install this zip file,

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1021554

now i can't return to recovery menu, and it keep booting and restart, please what can i do now did i brick the phone, i'm so lost right now, please help thanks

Restore stock backup from CM needs to flash an ext4-backto-ext3 zip with cwm, what a pity you overwrite cwm with stock recovery.
Now you should try to rescue your phone with SmartFlash, finally consider nvflash method.
26th April 2012, 04:49 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

35 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xilw3r

yes, cm7 uses ext4 system mount. i just use a zip file which i flash from recovery if i need to get back to ext3.

here it is btw if you are on stock froyo and want to restore stock gingerbread (if i understood you right) you dont need to use back to ext3 again, just restore your back up.

well i notice the froyo firmware is way faster than the GB i have, no lagg at all battery is really good, is there any GB stock rom run smooth without bloatware.... (like international version)
1st May 2012, 02:07 PM   |  #9  
Flag Eindhoven
Thanks Meter: 16

100 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by phihung07

well i notice the froyo firmware is way faster than the GB i have, no lagg at all battery is really good, is there any GB stock rom run smooth without bloatware.... (like international version)

If you mind, try Django Manouche, Custom but stock based ROM http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1410662 . I tried many CM and MIUI roms but always ended restoring Django back

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread