5,600,725 Members 38,948 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[S-OFF] Juopunutbear S-OFF

Tip us?

jimczyz
Old
Thanks Meter 98
All you need is a small coated paperclip with the ends stripped, I did 2 Amaze so far with that. 1st one on 3rd try, 2nd one on 1st try.
Nexus 4 Rooted
Rom: Stock 4.2.2
Build: JDQ39
CWM 6.0.2.3 Touch

Nexus 7 Rooted
ROM: CM10.1 nightlies
Build: JDQ39 4.2.2
Recovery: CWM 6.0.1.0 Touch

Retired:
Rooted HTC Amaze running CM 10.1 BABY!
Unlocked S - Off
Running dcacklam-mk4-kernel
Using HTC AMAZE 4G Colorbox theme!
CWM 5.8.0.9 Touch Recovery

The Thanks button works wonders.

djdeviance
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amiganaut View Post
"Where do I get wire from?" Try Radio Shack.

Doesn't anyone keep a roll or two of spare wire and some wire cutters around in their toolkit anymore?
One of those color coated paperclips would work. It's what I used. Strip off about half an inch to an inch of the coating and do NOT touch the uncoated area while making contact and grounding. At least that is what helped me.
Rocking the Amaze 4g S-Off ICS and Sidekick 4g

N1 ICS

Unrooted myTouch 3G Slide black [Lost]

[Deceased]T-Mobile Black myTouch 32b CM6 (Sons playphone lol)
[Deceased]T-Mobile Wing running ttran's OTP 7.7 Manilla 2D
Overclocked @ 286
[Deceased]T-Mobile G1 Bronze and Silver running Twisteds Evolution's
[Deceased]T-Mobile G1 Black - Cyanogen 4.2.15.1

kaabob
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I used a bread wire tie. Stripped off .5" on each end.

Hard part was getting contact in the pin hole because the end of wire was solid and looked super sharp = small contact area.
So... I held the pin hole contact in-place while I pressed/lift off 1.75 seconds/pressed the microSD cage (GND)

Once I heard the windows USB plug sounds i knew I had made good contact.
Got it on the second try =)

coupetastic-droid
Old
Thanks Meter 325
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls1xtreme View Post
alright guys...i've been trying this for 2 days...i'm currently on the ics ruu...i flashed superuser and have root...i flash the stock recovery from the ics ruu and now when i run jbear this is what i get...

======== ControlBear version 0.2.1 for JuopunutBear S-OFF ==========
Old beer detected...... Please wait......
Starting up......
Waiting device
Backing up......
Transferring backups....
Backup ok!!
Using eMMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk0
Using MMC dev /dev/block/mmcblk1
Boot partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p22
Recovery partition is /dev/block/mmcblk0p23
Is information correct? You have 5 seconds time to press CTRL+C
Finding some beer.....
Found first....
Found second....
Found third....
Found fourth....
Hmmmm... where is that last one....... Wait a sec....
JuopunutBear is ready to go....
Rebooting.......
Waiting device....

oh and i'm stuck on the green arrows...
Well, I went to through the relocking, reflashing ics process again and that got the device booting again. I reunlocked it and everything is working fine again. I guess I will try this again later.

But if anyone know why some are getting stuck at this point and will share it would be appreciate it.

xologist
Old
Thanks Meter 188
For those stuck on green arrow scren, read my previous post.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S4! - FEEL THE POWERR!!

Cheats for all Android Games!
AndroidCheats.org

iPhone Cheats - iOS Cheats!
iOS Cheaters.org

Short URL

---------------------------

frodoboy
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Okay I FINALLY got it to work and I didn't lose anything on my ext sd card! What a nightmare! I did finally decide to do what the OP says (duh!) and uninstalled HTC Sync from my computer. Then I moved the ControlBear folder to the root of my C drive. Then I ran task manager and shut down adb. I got my wire ready once again and did a few practice runs. I ran ControlBear as admin and did the wire trick. I listened for the sound and took it out, tried to count one one thous...but screwed up...old age..lol. Never got past "found device." Frozen on that screen. Had to run ControlBear again. Got an exit error so I unplugged usb cable, took battery out and fastboot screen came up again. Plugged cable back in and ran ControlBear again. Did better this time on wire trick but still off. Got error but this time just re-ran Controlbear. This time I was steady and ready. I waited for the sound, let go of ground counting one one thou and immediately retouched ground for just an INSTANT. That did the trick. When I saw "sunny day" I was still leary but waited and sure enough, there was S-OFF!! When I rebooted, everything was back to normal!

As everyone says, timing is critical and you should/must uninstall HTC sync and also shut down adb in task manager before you run ControlBear. Doing it right by the letter this time only took 3 times. Now for those of you who have failed miserably and managed to get your phone working again, hopefully Revolutionary will eventually come up with a software only solution to s-off for the Amaze like they did with the Sensation. That was a piece of cake!

Thanks team for all your efforts. I know you don't really post here but if you do, just out of curiosity, how long did it take you to exactly figure out the timing for the wire trick? I can't even imagine getting that right with only 1 or 2 phones. I am amazed!!!
I am truly a "senior" member but as my momma always told me, "it is better to be over the hill than under it!
If I've helped you in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button. If I have made you angry, hit the "Thanks" button anyway!

dcmtnbkr
Old
Thanks Meter 90
I got this after my third try. I honestly wouldnt use a twist tie. That's what i tried at first and couldnt get it to work. As soon as i switched to an actual wire, it worked just fine on the first try.
Nexus 7 2013 - Current Tab
Nexus 7 2012 - In dash install
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

frodoboy
Old
Thanks Meter 173

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xologist View Post
For those stuck on green arrow scren, read my previous post.
Pretty scary wasn't it xologist? I freaked out when my phone froze and thought the end was near. then I recovered back to Energy and was relieved. Then, this morning, after reading new posts and especially the original post about uninstalling HTC Sync and ending the adb process, I thought what the heck. Luckily it worked that time. Even Glacierguy freaked out! At least we got it. I'm not going to install ICS until Energy comes up with a good custom ROM which may be a while because of a deodexing issue.
I am truly a "senior" member but as my momma always told me, "it is better to be over the hill than under it!
If I've helped you in any way, please hit the "Thanks" button. If I have made you angry, hit the "Thanks" button anyway!

djxspike
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdeviance View Post
One of those color coated paperclips would work. It's what I used. Strip off about half an inch to an inch of the coating and do NOT touch the uncoated area while making contact and grounding. At least that is what helped me.
This is what I used...

http://benpike.net
http://about.me/benpike

T-Mobile:
G1 > Curve 8900 > Vibrant > HTC MyTouch 4G > HTC Amaze > Galaxy S III > Nexus 4 > Note II

Verizon:
Curve 8530 > iPhone 4 32GB > iPhone 5 64GB
Novatel 3G MiFi > Novatel 4G LTE MiFi
3rd Gen 4G LTE Apple iPad 64GB

Other:
1st Gen Apple iPad 64GB

silvscorp
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I used a wire just like above post with original instruction succeeded on 1st try. Whole process took less than 5mins..

Current Devices:
Sony Xperia ZR, Google Nexus 7

Previous:
HTC (Amaze 4G, Sensation 4G, Desire HD, HD2, Diamond 2, P3600), Oppo Find 5

Claim your free cloud storage @ Dropbox so we both get free storage

Tags
amaze s-off
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe