[Kernel] - 3.1.10 - JB - 1.4GHZ - Galaxy Tab 10.1 (11/19/12)

Search This thread

kevmo1965

Dec 17, 2005
i need this in a tar format to flash by Odin. Accidentally flashed the ics kernel and now the tab wont boot.

vinistois

Nov 21, 2010

nakedninja42

Oct 28, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I was on CM9 Milestone 4, don't recall which kernel.

I flashed

boot-cm_2636.4_p4wifi_ics-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-042512.zip

Tried to flash the ROM as well,

http://droidbasement.com/galaxy/roms/cm9/p4wifi/update-cm-9-20120419-SNAPSHOT-p4wifi-signed.zip

But the rom didn't flash, got an error.

Cleared cache and dalvik, booted up, and it was "upgrading applications". Now it won't boot, freezes up on "starting applications"

Where did I go wrong? What now?

Milestone4 is aokp and then your moving to cm base. Try wiping everything and then install cm and let it boot then go and flash the kernel.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

kevmo1965

Dec 17, 2005
Any idea how to convert a zip file (cwm) to a tar (odin)? It looks to be the only way to fix my problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Nevermind, flashed on AOKP 34 and all seems to be fine. Wifi working and rom seems stable and fast. WIll report more after further testing.
Thanks for ALL your hard work, we are fortunate to have you.

vinistois

Nov 21, 2010
Milestone4 is aokp and then your moving to cm base. Try wiping everything and then install cm and let it boot then go and flash the kernel.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using xda premium

OK, I now realize that the CM9 nightly from Pershoot's blog includes its own Kernel, which is the same one that I was trying to flash in the first place (Pershoot correct me if I'm wrong - your CM9 builds include your Kernel?)

Pershoot's CM9 build has a small note that says to use ODIN to flash the CWM recovery.md5 file that resides in the same folder as the .zip. So I did that. I had to flash the latest Gapps (March 17th) to get play store etc to work properly.

Then all was well! My tab took the 1.4Ghz OC with no issues. I had tried it previously and it was not stable, and now it is.

Thanks Pershoot for all your hard work! I noticed my wifi signal is stronger and more consistant. Netflix works fine, but I still have issues streaming 720p content to Diceplayer from my NAS. Plays fine for the first 5 minutes, looks beautiful, then it starts to buffer out and skip.

pershoot

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 1, 2008
The rom on my blog contains the last published kernel.

However, the kernel in this thread is newer and will be submitted for review after some testing.

Latest is 0426.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
The rom on my blog contains the last published kernel.

However, the kernel in this thread is newer and will be submitted for review after some testing.

Latest is 0426.

Is it the rom posted on the 19th your talking about? Or is there a newer one, searched in your Droidbasement blog and could only find the one from 19/4.
Seems strange if a build from the 19 contains a kernel built 25. Or have i missed something?

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Not strange at all.

Kernel is not updated all the time.

The last published kernel in cm is from round 4/19.

The rom on my blog coincides with that as I ran off builds when it was all merged in.

The kernel in this thread is newer.

Scroll up to where I spoke about a new workflow I was trying (testing in this thread and then move towards having it submitted in to cm after testing, etc.).

Reactions: nickwarn

twa_priv

Feb 10, 2011
Hi pershoot,

I installed your latest kernel from today (boot-cm_2636.4_p4wifi_ics-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-042612.zip) which seems to have quite a few changes related to cpu freq/governor and such.

I noticed that, even though I'm overclocked to 1200Mhz (interactive governor), the max frequency that's used is 1000Mhz. I'm using CPUSpy to check this in case it matters. Yesterday's kernel worked fine and I could see 1200MHz beeing used.

Thanks

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Hi pershoot,

I installed your latest kernel from today (boot-cm_2636.4_p4wifi_ics-oc-xtra-vfpv3-d16_fp-042612.zip) which seems to have quite a few changes related to cpu freq/governor and such.

I noticed that, even though I'm overclocked to 1200Mhz (interactive governor), the max frequency that's used is 1000Mhz. I'm using CPUSpy to check this in case it matters. Yesterday's kernel worked fine and I could see 1200MHz beeing used.

Thanks

ill look in to it.

kevmo1965

Dec 17, 2005
Pershoot
I asked earlier, can you or do you know how to make this kernel in a tar format for odin install.
Thanks in advance.

pershoot

Dec 1, 2008
Why do you need a odin kernel package?

At any rate, its the same as making any other odin package, with putting a boot.img inside.

Go to google and type in make odin package and youll come to see it.

kevmo1965

Dec 17, 2005
i accidentally flashed the ics kernel instead of the hc3.2. Now my tab is stuck on the splash screen. I can get to download / cwm, but as the idiot I am didn't back up the ROM before flashing the kernel. I have no other kernel or ROM to re-flash stored on the tab's internal storage. So Odin looks like my only alternative.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am not planning on moving to cm10 next year. I'll try to get all tabs up on 10 by end of next week.
    this weekend ill have rom updates for cm9/10, then ill work towards getting everything uploaded in to mainline, while i wait for newer sources from samsung.
    as discussed, i will be making one stable 3.1 kernel for cm9 (ics) so it can go to stable status (i.e. all functionality in tact) then development will move to jellybean (cm10).

i 'may' create a one-time kernel, non supported for TW ICS, but that is low on the list.
    going to try to get another update out either tonight or tomorrow. want to update/patch more things.

pershoot neva sleeps! hehe.