Ask a question

No registration required

[App] Quill - handwritten notes

OP Volker1

1st April 2012, 03:44 AM   |  #131  
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
More
quill keeps getting better and beter good job!

Sent from my Full CM9 on ThinkPad Tablet using Tapatalk
2nd April 2012, 01:35 AM   |  #132  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 16

1,054 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HecaThePeca

You need a tablet with an active digitizer. Currently these include Lenovo Thinkpad, HTC Flyer, HTC Jetstream (all n-trig) and Samsung Galaxy Note (wacom) (which is technically a phone). I have a Galaxy Note, and I'm eagerly waiting for the upcoming Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet!

Don't expect to be able to write accurately with capacitive styli!

There is also the HTC Quattro.
13th April 2012, 12:37 AM   |  #133  
Thanks Meter: 30

269 posts
I noticed Quill got an update today (and yesterday) that includes the TPT pen button working. But for whatever reason, I cannot find an option to turn it on and it doesn't seem to work by default.

Anyone have different results?
13th April 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #134  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,687

4,458 posts
More
I saw your post, got the update, and tried the pen button. It worked fine as an eraser. Is your battery in good condition?
13th April 2012, 07:43 PM   |  #135  
Thanks Meter: 30

269 posts
I believe my battery is fine. Unfortunately, I don't have another to test it out. Curious, what OS are you running? Stock Honeycomb or ICS?

I'm using the 00731 CM9 ICS port found in the dev section. The button works fine in Lecture Notes, so not sure what could be the issue. I tried changing the 'override pen' function, but no different combinations worked.
14th April 2012, 01:53 AM   |  #136  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,687

4,458 posts
More
I am on 089 HC
24th April 2012, 09:13 AM   |  #137  
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Is it just me or did a recent update not only add pen button support for the Thinkpad Tablet, but also quietly fix the weird palm/pen rejection issue that I and a number of other people have been experiencing?

I haven't done an extensive amount of writing since I performed the update, but it seems like the problem where my palm touching the screen sometimes caused the pen to not write has now gone away. Can anyone who also experienced this issue verify that it is indeed gone?
26th April 2012, 12:19 PM   |  #138  

10 posts
Quill on Galaxy Note
Hi,

Just tried Quill on a Galaxy Note running Stunner ICS ROM. Works good so far, however, the pen input is not recognized when I place my palm on the screen. It seems however like its recognizing the pen as I'm not able to draw with my fingers.
28th April 2012, 02:55 PM   |  #139  
Thanks Meter: 6

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by obscure.detour

I believe my battery is fine. Unfortunately, I don't have another to test it out. Curious, what OS are you running? Stock Honeycomb or ICS?

I'm using the 00731 CM9 ICS port found in the dev section. The button works fine in Lecture Notes, so not sure what could be the issue. I tried changing the 'override pen' function, but no different combinations worked.

I can confirm this, I'm running the CM9 port as well and my button isn't working either :-/
The Following User Says Thank You to Tchitcherine For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th May 2012, 10:39 PM   |  #140  

1 posts
Highlight
Thanks for a great app.

I would suggest adding a highlighter pen. It would probably behave pretty much like the pressure-insensitive pen, but would display in a layer behind other drawings. (It would probably be opaque, but I'm not sure about that...)

I have several times wanted to highlight some note already on the paper, but been restricted to underline or circle, so as not to cover the note.

I would also support a couple of suggestion mentioned by others: 1) adding some type of editing functionality (lassooing or selecting notes in some way), for quickly changing colour and thickness of already-jotted-down notes; and 2) PDF annotation (possibly in another app / together with e.g. ezPDF (?)).

The Following User Says Thank You to shaqen For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread