Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Kernel][Sense] 2.6.35.14 - Gingertiny-v2 (Updated 04/25/13)

OP tiny4579

11th April 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #2461  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,358

8,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by orfius christ

So I really can't find the 3/11 download.....am I just horribly stupid?

If you go to incredikernel.com under latest downloads its below the aosp stuff, both ics and gingerbread.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
16th April 2012, 11:11 AM   |  #2462  
OP Recognized Developer

8,122 posts
More
Call it a hunch but someone has pointed out a wifi patch that addresses VOIP issues by changing the wifi sleep mod. So I've added that patch to the latest gingertiny kernel. Let me know if it helps with the wifi disconnects on Sense 3.0+ ROMS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31805083/2.6...Bwifipatch.zip
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th April 2012, 01:32 PM   |  #2463  
Maryland
Thanks Meter: 52

187 posts
More
I was enjoying my rock solid Stock+ 3.0 install, but finally decided to take the plunge back into this kernel.

I'm on the latest version and so far so great. Very snappy. I tried lagfree, but I think SA2 is giving me better battery life. (Always hard to know for sure.)

Thanks Tiny. I'll provide feedback if I run into problems. So far great.
20th April 2012, 06:52 PM   |  #2464  
OP Recognized Developer

8,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Call it a hunch but someone has pointed out a wifi patch that addresses VOIP issues by changing the wifi sleep mod. So I've added that patch to the latest gingertiny kernel. Let me know if it helps with the wifi disconnects on Sense 3.0+ ROMS:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31805083/2.6...Bwifipatch.zip

Has anyone who uses VOIP run this? I have the one requestor who PMed me for this but no feedback other than that. I'll integrate it into the next release if it helps VOIP over WIFI and doesn't hurt battery.
21st April 2012, 01:12 AM   |  #2465  
Flag Michigan City, IN
Thanks Meter: 932

3,146 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny4579

Has anyone who uses VOIP run this? I have the one requestor who PMed me for this but no feedback other than that. I'll integrate it into the next release if it helps VOIP over WIFI and doesn't hurt battery.

I use a sip account in conjunction with google voice and voice+. However i just recently started using it, so i have never used it without the patched kernel. I will revert back to the pre patched kernel and see if i notice a difference. What exactly am i suppose to look for?

By the way on a side note with this voip setup i get totally free incoming and outgoing calls without using any minutes. I modified the framework-res.apk to allow sip over 3g, so now i can use it anywhere.
26th April 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #2466  
Thanks Meter: 321

531 posts
I've been having some random reboots. It seems to usually occur when the battery is low, and after 20+ hours of uptime. I've seen the reboots on wakeup and under moderate to heavy use. It tries to soft-reboot, I guess, and gets stuck in a bootloop. I have to hold down power/vol.down/trackpad to do a full reboot to get out of the bootloop.

ROM: Ice Cream Senseless (stock kernel gave me 100hrs+ uptime with no reboots)
Kernel: 2.6.35.14-gingertiny-v2-03112012
Governor: lazy (also saw the reboots on smartassv2)
Scheduler: deadline
Scaling: 128000-998400

At first I was undervolting it pretty aggressively, but more recently left the voltages alone, then finally had everything overvolted 25.

/proc/last_kmsg attached.
Attached Files
File Type: txt last_kmsg.txt - [Click for QR Code] (224.0 KB, 5 views)
Last edited by musical_chairs; 26th April 2012 at 06:03 AM.
26th April 2012, 06:12 AM   |  #2467  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag East Coast
Thanks Meter: 1,388

802 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical_chairs

I've been having some random reboots. It seems to usually occur when the battery is low, and after 20+ hours of uptime. I've seen the reboots on wakeup and under moderate to heavy use. It tries to soft-reboot, I guess, and gets stuck in a bootloop. I have to hold down power/vol.down/trackpad to do a full reboot to get out of the bootloop.

At first I was undervolting it pretty aggressively, but more recently left the voltages alone, then finally had everything overvolted 25.

Just for fun, try out sio scheduler and see if random reboots continue.
26th April 2012, 02:04 PM   |  #2468  
OP Recognized Developer

8,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by musical_chairs

Well, I checked out the log and I don't see any kernel errors leading to the reboot. One thing to keep in mind though is that as you said it seems to reboot when the battery is low, then the reboots could still be voltage related. This kernel is undervolted from stock as it is and the lower voltages of the battery at lower battery levels - especially on third party batteries that may not be at the highest caliber - could lead to the CPU being starved of volts more and thus reboots.

Also, I did see a debug-type error in your last_kmsg but I don't believe it led to the reboot from what I can tell. Shut down the phone and battery pull to ensure that the last_kmsg on your next reboot is fresh from that reboot and provide the last_kmsg again after the next reboot. I'm curious to see if the error in this one comes up again.
The Following User Says Thank You to tiny4579 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 01:26 AM   |  #2469  
Flag Cedar Crest, NM
Thanks Meter: 21

141 posts
More
Quote:

One thing to keep in mind though is that as you said it seems to reboot when the battery is low, then the reboots could still be voltage related. This kernel is undervolted from stock as it is and the lower voltages of the battery at lower battery levels - especially on third party batteries that may not be at the highest caliber - could lead to the CPU being starved of volts more and thus reboots.

so what do you suggest? just bring up the voltage in general by like 50?
27th April 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #2470  
OP Recognized Developer

8,122 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcallr

so what do you suggest? just bring up the voltage in general by like 50?

You can try the below linked post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=849

Or use the voltages mentioned in the post for both min and max in incredicontrol. They should give you the voltages from the stock kernel.

You can also try bumping everything up an additional 25 or 50.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread