FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Top Forum Discussions

Flashing CUSTOM ROMS on DEFY/DEFY+(JIUI,JWP7,CM7,CM9,WIUI & MIUI)

960 posts
Thanks Meter: 750
 
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2012, 01:03 PM |#31  
Member
Flag hong kong
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeindiran

Hmmm. Try the one by Epsylon. I am on green lens so no idea about what version has released on Red lens.

so i can do it by reflashing all the zip. with defy+ rom?
 
 
26th April 2012, 01:10 PM |#32  
janeindiran's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMHUI94

so i can do it by reflashing all the zip. with defy+ rom?

It will be arranged based on date so usually latest will at the last. Try this: http://defy.wdscript.fr/defyplus-cm9...17-Defy%2b.zip
26th April 2012, 02:03 PM |#33  
Member
Flag hong kong
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeindiran

It will be arranged based on date so usually latest will at the last. Try this: http://defy.wdscript.fr/defyplus-cm9...17-Defy%2b.zip

will it be the problems on kernel?
i flash three other roms from different posts but i is still 4.0.3 .
ps. i haven't try this yet, it takes me long time for download
26th April 2012, 02:36 PM |#34  
janeindiran's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMHUI94

will it be the problems on kernel?
i flash three other roms from different posts but i is still 4.0.3 .
ps. i haven't try this yet, it takes me long time for download

No. Its not kernel its just the version that has released.
26th April 2012, 02:53 PM |#35  
Member
Flag hong kong
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeindiran

No. Its not kernel its just the version that has released.

THIS ROM IS ALSO NOT WORKABLE..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620665
i asked this question, it might be clearly state what my situation is, i hope u would help me
AS MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLE ;D
26th April 2012, 03:01 PM |#36  
janeindiran's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMHUI94

THIS ROM IS ALSO NOT WORKABLE..
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1620665
i asked this question, it might be clearly state what my situation is, i hope u would help me
AS MY ENGLISH IS TERRIBLE ;D

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1432100. see this thread. But these are only available rom so far.
27th April 2012, 02:59 AM |#37  
izzy001's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag La Feria Tx.
Thanks Meter: 32
 
More
I have a problem. I got to clockwork recovery but when I try to install a rom my sd card doesn't mount. Anyway I can get it to mount so that i can flash CM9?
27th April 2012, 05:10 AM |#38  
janeindiran's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 750
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by izzy001

I have a problem. I got to clockwork recovery but when I try to install a rom my sd card doesn't mount. Anyway I can get it to mount so that i can flash CM9?


No need to mount sdcard. Put the zip file in sdcard. Reboot into CWM. Recovery->stable or custom recovery->choose zip from sdcard. Choose the zip and install.
The Following User Says Thank You to janeindiran For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 04:57 AM |#39  
janeindiran's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Coimbatore
Thanks Meter: 750
 
More
@ albeey: are you having defy red lense or defy+ or efy green lense?. My guess would be you didn't flash the right kernel for your phone. Before rebooting you should flash with a new kernel given in the link if you are on defy red lense or on defy+.
1st May 2012, 05:49 PM |#40  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by janeindiran

@ albeey: are you having defy red lense or defy+ or efy green lense?. My guess would be you didn't flash the right kernel for your phone. Before rebooting you should flash with a new kernel given in the link if you are on defy red lense or on defy+.

please tell me if i asking in wrong thread..
I already asked in "all in one defy beginner's guide" but still no answer..
Can you tell more detail about this steps:
I've rooted my phone and i already install 2ndInit,
I want to flash cm9 rom to my phone, I get confuse which file i have to copy into my sd card? and which file i must to flash from recovery?
is this the files i need to copy into sdcard? : (http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-defy+/) , (http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics...317-signed.zip) , (http://m.cfa.aero/misc/CM9_Kernel-signed.zip) ?
please give me steps to do this.
if I in wrong thread please tell me and please send me message how to do about this flashing..
thanks before...
1st May 2012, 06:06 PM |#41  
andr0idfreak's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 262
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by albeey

please tell me if i asking in wrong thread..
I already asked in "all in one defy beginner's guide" but still no answer..
Can you tell more detail about this steps:
I've rooted my phone and i already install 2ndInit,
I want to flash cm9 rom to my phone, I get confuse which file i have to copy into my sd card? and which file i must to flash from recovery?
is this the files i need to copy into sdcard? : (http://quarx2k.ru/cm9-nightly-defy+/) , (http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-ics...317-signed.zip) , (http://m.cfa.aero/misc/CM9_Kernel-signed.zip) ?
please give me steps to do this.
if I in wrong thread please tell me and please send me message how to do about this flashing..
thanks before...

If you have the Defy+, no need to flash the CM9 kernel. It works fine with stock GB kernel.

Steps that I followed are (assuming you have already installed 2init recovery):
1. Copy both the ZIPs to sdcard.
2. Boot into latest recovery.
3. Flash CM9 NIGHTLY zip.
4. Flash gapps zip.
5. Wipe data/factory reset.
6. Reboot.
The Following User Says Thank You to andr0idfreak For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes