Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,088 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SIM /CID unlock Cingular HTC 2125 without SPV-Services host

Tip us?

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Yes - but who could be using it anyway for the initial purpose?
It does not work on stock ROMs and CID locked devices, so you got into the problem only because you had used it while Gregory's ROM was on the device. Lucky that WST does a backup - and this is why I want to outline this safety bag as well. I have put some explanation below nevertheless.
Android: Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2. towelroot-ed, KNOX intact), Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel), Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel)
Windows Mobile: Tornado <- LG KS20 <- Benq E72 <- Hurricane <- Amadeus
Legacy: Siemens ME45 <- S35i
If above post was helpful to you, press the "Thanks" button below

gutek85
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_morning View Post
i have the same problem, havent found solution yet...
Here is instruction how to fix it.
Don't spam forum, posting "Thanks" - click

fahdi630
Old
Thanks Meter 0
sir i have tornado imat with spl 2.00 i want to downgrade spl to 1.xx please give me the solution thanks in advance.

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
There is no isolated way of downgrading the SPL, unless you construct a .nbf to do so. There is also no reason to do this, the SPL has no function for normal operation.

There are few shipped ROMs with SPL 1.x available, from Imate it is the i-mate_SP5_WWE_1.5.331.4.exe for the SP5. You find it at www.shipped-roms.com

Why do you want to downgrade the SPL?

Which problem do you have with this device?
Android: Samsung S4 mini (4.4.2. towelroot-ed, KNOX intact), Galaxy Tab 2 7" (GT-P3110 8GB, JB 4.1.2 rooted - KK Blackhawk Next kernel), Xperia Ray 4.0.4 (rooted, CTCaer v2.8 kernel)

deema_a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
My Android phone broke, and while I am waiting for my new Galaxy Nexus to arrive, I dug up my good old Cingular 2125. Unfortunately, when I put the SIM card in, I learned that the phone was still locked to Cingular - and I am on T-Mobile. I am looking for a way to get the phone unlocked. I tried the method above, but the attachment in the first file appears to be dead - WinZip tells me it's a corrupt archive and I see no files inside. Can anyone help please?

tobbbie
Old
Thanks Meter 238
Pick up this archive: http://www.mediafire.com/?tzx4f489w8qlmwf
I have pulled it from my kitchen. It is pretty self explanatory inside, numbered folders tell the sequence.
- first application unlock the device (if not done already)
- second start lokiwiz, and select the SIM Unlock option.
- Confirm the execution of itsutils on the device
- if you also set the SuperCID you can upload any cooked ROM if you like

You can even cook yourself, it has become so easy with OS Builder and my Tornado Kitchen, see the related thread.. Ready made builds are also available, if you like to check them out.

Crowleycator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by deema_a View Post
My Android phone broke, and while I am waiting for my new Galaxy Nexus to arrive, I dug up my good old Cingular 2125. Unfortunately, when I put the SIM card in, I learned that the phone was still locked to Cingular - and I am on T-Mobile. I am looking for a way to get the phone unlocked. I tried the method above, but the attachment in the first file appears to be dead - WinZip tells me it's a corrupt archive and I see no files inside. Can anyone help please?
Hi deema_a
file attached is a RAR file. But it is ONLY for a Cingular 2125 device. It does not work for a T-Mobile networked device.