XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need the mobile hotspot apk

Tip us?

codesage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Need the mobile hotspot apk

Was screwing around trying to get the wireless tether to work, and decided to backup then uninstall the mobile hotspot with titanium backup. Except for some reason TB won't restore it now. Can someone post it up for me?

ImAustinJacobM
Old
Thanks Meter 3
It's dangerous to go alone, take this! http://www.mediafire.com/?7w6t68o0xc...opfja21j9wvv2d P.S. That's the closest thing I could find.

davisbs999
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesage View Post
Was screwing around trying to get the wireless tether to work, and decided to backup then uninstall the mobile hotspot with titanium backup. Except for some reason TB won't restore it now. Can someone post it up for me?
Did you find a resolution for this? I did the exact same thing.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by codesage View Post
I tried ImAustin's apk, which wouldn't install (thanks for the try though). However, I found a workaround. All I did was install "Hotspot Widget" by Muller from the market. Once i put the widget on my home screen, I was good to go again.

dlsmith08
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Same Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisbs999 View Post
Did you find a resolution for this? I did the exact same thing.

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:40 PM ----------

I tried ImAustin's apk, which wouldn't install (thanks for the try though). However, I found a workaround. All I did was install "Hotspot Widget" by Muller from the market. Once i put the widget on my home screen, I was good to go again.
I've had the same problem. I've tried re-installing it with TB but it never completes a restoration of the app. I also tried ImAustin's apk and no luck

codesage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Wow, didn't expect this topic to still be alive.

Yeah, I did get mine fixed. I copied the APK and whatever that secondary file that some apps have to the system folder where they're all stored, and made sure the permissions were the same as the other APK's in the folder.

The updates don't look to see if the apps are installed, they just check to see if the files are in the right location. I ended up having to fix the Slacker radio app in the same way.

codesage
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
VERY quick google, and I think this thread is close enough to what I did

http://androidforums.com/droid-all-t...directory.html