Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Was all in for One X, ended up with the S..

OP buljo

23rd April 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #111  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 84
 
704 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseauxy

As I said, getting it tonight :) Got ordered by some1 I made a website for
But will definitely get my first impressions up here ^_^

What phone are you coming from?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium
23rd April 2012, 06:35 PM   |  #112  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
16 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
yeah, seems like in my region (Indonesia), the S isn't available (yet)...

I might go for the X first, since Im running out of time *as in money need to be spent quickly*

or you reckon I should wait more?I asked my local dealer and they said there were no info on the upcoming S release
23rd April 2012, 09:50 PM   |  #113  
rousseauxy's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 14
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tongueman87

What phone are you coming from?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio using xda premium

Coming from a Desire Z as you can see in my signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexusC

Did you get the black version? If you did can you keep us posted about the MAO failure?

Got the gray one, thought it looked better

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppeMan

Ow ok, ordered mine at gsmwijzer, I still have to wait couple more days.

What are your first impressions?

Just got the box delivered at home and since my gf was more excited then me I let her open the box So her first impression was "whooo it's big!" next thing she noticed was the weight, she compared it to having a bankcard in her hands (figure of speech ofcourse :P) Anyway, first good news was, she thought it was to big for her so I'm not loosing my new awsome phone (atm at least )

Now for my first impressions coming from a Desire Z, it's indeed a big phone, but I happy I didn't go for the One X as that one was really huge. The phone is light as a feather and the screen is absolutely amazing! I used to have a Galaxy S so when I got the Desire Z I was a bit disappointed about the screen, so happy to have an AMOLED again At first I was a bit afraid of the qHD that many had discussions about on this forum, but I must say I don't really notice it, not to say not at all, you can see it but me and my gf are going cross-eyed trying to focus on it trying to see it.

The phone itself feels nice (I got the gray one), the back feels smooth, but don't think it will slip out of my hand because of it (can't think of the thought I would ) Software-wise I've only installed tiny tower so far as that was one of the programs that would be a bit laggy on my Desire Z and it's running really smooth

Some things I do miss atm but probably will get used to soon enough is a hardware button at the bottom to wake my phone, the fact that there is no longer a menu-button (roms out there already have that I know but wan't to wait before rooting just in case)
Besides this I can't tell much more about this phone just yet, hell I have it an hour what do you expect

TLTR: Already love this phone so far
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rousseauxy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th April 2012, 06:14 AM   |  #114  
ZeppeMan's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag De Haan
Thanks Meter: 73
 
588 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseauxy

Just got the box delivered at home and since my gf was more excited then me I let her open the box So her first impression was "whooo it's big!" next thing she noticed was the weight, she compared it to having a bankcard in her hands (figure of speech ofcourse :P) Anyway, first good news was, she thought it was to big for her so I'm not loosing my new awsome phone (atm at least )

Now for my first impressions coming from a Desire Z, it's indeed a big phone, but I happy I didn't go for the One X as that one was really huge. The phone is light as a feather and the screen is absolutely amazing! I used to have a Galaxy S so when I got the Desire Z I was a bit disappointed about the screen, so happy to have an AMOLED again At first I was a bit afraid of the qHD that many had discussions about on this forum, but I must say I don't really notice it, not to say not at all, you can see it but me and my gf are going cross-eyed trying to focus on it trying to see it.

The phone itself feels nice (I got the gray one), the back feels smooth, but don't think it will slip out of my hand because of it (can't think of the thought I would ) Software-wise I've only installed tiny tower so far as that was one of the programs that would be a bit laggy on my Desire Z and it's running really smooth

Some things I do miss atm but probably will get used to soon enough is a hardware button at the bottom to wake my phone, the fact that there is no longer a menu-button (roms out there already have that I know but wan't to wait before rooting just in case)
Besides this I can't tell much more about this phone just yet, hell I have it an hour what do you expect

TLTR: Already love this phone so far

I'm going to love this phone for sure Thx for your first thoughts.
24th April 2012, 09:08 AM   |  #115  
rousseauxy's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 14
 
98 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeppeMan

I'm going to love this phone for sure Thx for your first thoughts.

Yeah you'll probably will, i'm still waiting for my new sim to be activated, the retard in mediamarkt couldn't handle it i guess
24th April 2012, 09:28 AM   |  #116  
OP Senior Member
Flag Norway
Thanks Meter: 27
 
151 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rousseauxy

Coming from a Desire Z as you can see in my signature



Got the gray one, thought it looked better

smart choice since the black one will get ugly over time at the edges..
26th April 2012, 03:48 PM   |  #117  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
449 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Received a One X and S yesterday and might have to revalidate some of my earlier comments.

The One Xs software is not sloppy/laggy at all. No idea what they did to the phone I was looking at in the store.
The screen still is just awesome, no doubt about that. And the speaker seems to be slightly better than the Ss one.

Still 3 negative points:
- Its still too big for me.
- It gets really fast really hot. After just 5 minutes of normal usage it already is almost 10C hotter than my old Desire gets after 20 minutes of really heavy usage.
- The battery drains so fast, its incredible. Like really really REALLY fast.


Guess Ill be sending the X back, keep the S a little longer and wait what Samsung got ready for us next week.
26th April 2012, 04:42 PM   |  #118  
arknailed7754's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag The Matrix
Thanks Meter: 397
 
2,513 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
The only thing writes me out..is as a comparison I had it against my dhd and the screen looks smaller. Weird

Sent from my HTC One S using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes