Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 40,929 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

birthdays showing 1 day off in some places only

Tip us?

xlr8shun
Old
(Last edited by xlr8shun; 19th April 2012 at 01:28 AM.) Reason: more info
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default birthdays showing 1 day off in some places only

so i have noticed something weird..

my GF's b-day is this friday (4-20). when she happend to call me earlier today i noticed on her contact picture there was a small birthday cake icon and text that said "tomorrow".

today being 4-18 and her birthday not until 2 days from now i wondered what was going on. so i went to the contact app and tried to verify her birthday, only i couldnt find a field to set her birthday. failing that, i went to the calendar app and it says, and has an event marked on 4-20 for her birthday.

has anyone else noticed this on their phones? the contact notification reports 1 day earlier than supposed to? i have verified that the contact information is correct in exchange. i dont sync contacts with any other service other than exchange, i do howerver sync with multiple exchange accounts.

edit> the calendar entry is probably from exchange but i cant be sure, which may indicate why it is set correctly on the calendar app.

i have searched google and noticed the same complaint (although much older complaints) but most of those people were syncing with facebook *shrugs*

AJ Newkirk
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3994

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlr8shun View Post
so i have noticed something weird..

my GF's b-day is this friday (4-20). when she happend to call me earlier today i noticed on her contact picture there was a small birthday cake icon and text that said "tomorrow".

today being 4-18 and her birthday not until 2 days from now i wondered what was going on. so i went to the contact app and tried to verify her birthday, only i couldnt find a field to set her birthday. failing that, i went to the calendar app and it says, and has an event marked on 4-20 for her birthday.

has anyone else noticed this on their phones? the contact notification reports 1 day earlier than supposed to? i have verified that the contact information is correct in exchange. i dont sync contacts with any other service other than exchange, i do howerver sync with multiple exchange accounts.

edit> the calendar entry is probably from exchange but i cant be sure, which may indicate why it is set correctly on the calendar app.

i have searched google and noticed the same complaint (although much older complaints) but most of those people were syncing with facebook *shrugs*
Care to tell us which ROM you are using?

jack man
Old
Thanks Meter 127
I had a similar experience on mine but it wasnt limited to birthdays. An event would show up a day earlier or later (I cant remember).

Last week or so, I randomly came across an article that said there had been a bug on some samsung phones that caused this issue when an event was added to the calendar as an "all day event." or birthdays now, I add it to the individual contact and it shows up in the calendar without this issue.
Jack Man

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3 i747
Current Rom: Stock 4.4.2

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S2 i777
Current ROM: ShoStock3 Jelly Bean by Shoman94

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S i897
Current ROM: Stock GB (given to my Dad)
-----------------------
Barnes and Noble Nook HD+ (Stock; all of my flashing is done on my phones.)

xlr8shun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Newkirk View Post
Care to tell us which ROM you are using?
i am using unnamed 2.2.1

however i have seen complaints of people on other phones notice this also.. only most of the complaints i see were very old, thought this might have been fixed by now? dunno...

xlr8shun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jack man View Post
I had a similar experience on mine but it wasnt limited to birthdays. An event would show up a day earlier or later (I cant remember).

Last week or so, I randomly came across an article that said there had been a bug on some samsung phones that caused this issue when an event was added to the calendar as an "all day event." or birthdays now, I add it to the individual contact and it shows up in the calendar without this issue.
yeah my calendar event is showing correctly also, however it tells me it starts at 11pm *shrugs* i verified in exchange there is no time associated to the birthday

this is what i see:

shows correctly on 4-20

\

shows incorrectly on 4-19

jdbeitz
Old
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
A 4-20 bday? Lucky girl

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
See that "Thanks" button next to my name? Yeah, that one... Click it!

xlr8shun
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbeitz View Post
A 4-20 bday? Lucky girl

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk
ha, yes.. yes i am.. i mean, she is

she of course has her birthday off, so we're celebrating early..
The Following User Says Thank You to xlr8shun For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Caliesv
Old
Thanks Meter 110
I just noticed the same issue on my.phone. stock/rooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda premium

jthatch12
Old
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Hope you don't need your phone to remember her birthday

Sent from my AT&T I777 running AOKP build 3X

Running Beanstalk w/ STi Kernel

Find me on Nasioc, jthatch12

Tags
birthday, contacts, notifcation