[ROM] Revolver 4 by Gnufabio | 4.2.1 - IC421(G) | Sep 5 | TF101-TF101G-SL101 | Fast

Search This thread

Da-Don

Aug 1, 2010
low disk space and heap-dump log files

hi all,

I have been using revolver for a few weeks now and just started getting
the low space notification...

trying to figure out whats taking up the space I've noticed
that the /data/log itakes about 8 gb and its full with "hemp-dump-tmXXXXXX-pidXXXXX.hprof" files that takes from 15 to 60 mb.

does any1 know what are those files? and more importantly is it safe to delete them?

(i know its a Q&A thread kind of post but i've seen a few users on the thread that had issues with low disk space so i post this here)

Last edited:

jyams

Sep 25, 2010
USB Drivers

Was pulling my hair out trying to get the TF101 to connect to my laptop with the USB drivers since upgrading to Revolver 4.0. Finally found this tip and it works. For any of you having the same problem, follow this:

Originally Posted by ctodd111
Go to Settings --> Storage. Click the three dots in the upper right corner to select "USB computer connection". Check off "Media Device (MTP). If it is already checked, un-check it and re-check it. Your PC should recognize it after that.

Reactions: wackydroid

bagl0312

Apr 30, 2010
hi all,

I have been using revolver for a few weeks now and just started getting
the low space notification...

trying to figure out whats taking up the space I've noticed
that the /data/log itakes about 8 gb and its full with "hemp-dump-tmXXXXXX-pidXXXXX.hprof" files that takes from 15 to 60 mb.

does any1 know what are those files? and more importantly is it safe to delete them?

(i know its a Q&A thread kind of post but i've seen a few users on the thread that had issues with low disk space so i post this here)

I checked on my TF101 with Revolver 4 RC1, and I find only two of those files in my /data/logs area.
There are a lot of files like
ramdumpXXXX-YY-ZZ-xxxxxx.log

which are much smaller.
So in total my /data/logs area takes about 200MB, I don't know why you have all those "heap-dump" files

LeoBloom.

Jan 22, 2011
My TF is finally stabilized. No reboots, no SOD. Revolver 4RC1 AND (very important) Guevor kernel test16b.

I'm just a regular user who doesn't understand overclocking (too much) or timings and voltages, etc. I already have an older version of Revolver flashed (ICS). I just want the random reboots and especially SOD to stop; can I just flash over 4RC1, and then flash test16b? I've never flashed a kernel before, but from what I've read the instructions are exactly the same as for flashing a ROM. Will I have to tinker with anything at all or will everything just hopefully start working properly at that point?

boonkui

Dec 29, 2010
I'm just a regular user who doesn't understand overclocking (too much) or timings and voltages, etc. I already have an older version of Revolver flashed (ICS). I just want the random reboots and especially SOD to stop; can I just flash over 4RC1, and then flash test16b? I've never flashed a kernel before, but from what I've read the instructions are exactly the same as for flashing a ROM. Will I have to tinker with anything at all or will everything just hopefully start working properly at that point?

I have similar configuration. I have done the following steps for umpteen times.

1. Optionally perform a nandroid backup from CWM Recovery. I don't do it when flashing only kernel.
2. Download kernel's .zip and place in \Removable\MicroSD\.
3. Reboot into CWM Recovery.
4. Wipe cache. (NOT the factory reset!)
5. Wipe Dalvik cache (in Advanced menu).
6. Flash by selecting the earlier .zip.
7. Reboot.

The above can be done without knowledge of overclocking. I am testing Test17 now - seemed better than Test16b. For Test15~Test16b, I never had RR or SOD unless SD is placed in dock.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: LeoBloom.

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS

Try flashing RC1 over the older Revolver ICS after clearing cache and Dalvik cache and then reboot. If all looks OK, then reboot back to recovery and flash the new kernel after clearing cache and Dalvik cache and reboot. You should then be good to go. If that doesn't work as expected then you may need to try more drastic measures, but it's worth a try.

Reactions: LeoBloom.

LeoBloom.

Jan 22, 2011
I do keep my transformer in the dock most of the time. Are the test kernels still not effective in preventing RRs and SOD in the docked case?

sidneyk

Nov 16, 2011
Bonner Springs, KS
No ... Not OK ... every time I install last version of Play Store, I'm unable to download software ...

Only work with simple "Market"

I had the same issue because of Talk not being able to log in. The simple market worked but the play store update always gave an error about purchasing even though I was trying to download free apps. I had to wipe everything by going to recovery and doing a factory reset, then, for good measure, I formatted /system, /data, /staging and then rebooted to recovery, wiped the cache and Dalvik cache, reflashed RC1, then flashed Revolver removed apps, then flashed ldc's root fix (which seems to be necessary at this time for my device), rebooted. I then allowed Google to automatically restore whatever it could then rebooted again. I then reinstalled all of my apps from Amazon app store, then restored all missing apps with data in Titanium and rebooted again. I then restored all apps data only from Titanium and rebooted and was good to go. Now Talk is able to log in and when the market updates to play store it no longer complains and works as expected. Mind you, this process will take a few hours if you have many apps installed, but should get you to a clean and working install. You can then install custom kernels if you like and have fun.

masvino

Jun 21, 2011
I don't know about the rest of you but I went directly from 3.1.11 or 3.2 or whatever the latest was to this RC1... no wipe just clear cache and dalvick cache.. no firmware update... and everything is running bad ass.

so, I anyone tethering the idea of doing it. just do it. no problemo... p

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Features
    • Fast AS HELL
    • Deodexed
    • Speed up & optimizations
    • Lot of plugins in Revolver Parts (not now, in the future)
    • Face unlock
    • Advanced power dialog

FAQs
    • What's the actual version?
      In the second part of the thread's name you can find both the numeric version and the code-version. The former is expressed in this way: branch.version[.subversion]. Usually a subversion consists of a bugfix release. The latter is expressed in this way: AABC[D], where AA is the Android version on which the firmware is based (for example HC or IC), B is the hexadecimal value of the branch, C is the hexadecimal value of the version and D is the hexadecimal value of the subversion.
    • I want to increase the sensitivity of the touchscreen. What could I do?
      There is an app for that. Give a look here
    • Guys I can't download anything from Revolver Parts, what could I do?
      Sometimes server can have some problems; however if you can't download from the app you can manually download the packages from the Revolver repository.
    • Will Cornerstone be integrated in this ROM?
      NO, NO DAMNED CORNERSTONE WILL BE ADDED. IT'S NOT POSSIBLE. ASK GOD TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF CLUTTERING THIS THREAD. STOP ASKING IT.

Licensing
    Revolver ROM, Revolver Parts and Revolver plugins (the one done by me) are distributed under Creative Commons 3 BY-NC-ND license. If you want to use a part of my work, please send me a PM and ask for permissions.
    You may not use ROMs component, Revolver Parts plugins and other stuff done by me working hard hours without asking for permission, that's it.
    More details on the license:
    Don't worry guys, I'm releasing a new version within the end of this week, and Revolver Parts 4 will come soon ;)
    I'm working on the latest Asus update, please, some patience!