Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,856 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Unable to install Google Market on MTS 3G after rooting and installing CM-7.0.3

Tip us?

a103
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Default [Q] Unable to install Google Market on MTS 3G after rooting and installing CM-7.0.3

Hi Folks,

I am unable to install google apps (Goolge Market). I have cm-7.0.3 on myTouch Slide and as per the instructions I'm trying to boot into clockwork recovery from ROM Manager, and then do as follows:

1. Open ROM Manager
2. Select “Install Rom from SD Card" and select "gapps-gb-20110613-signed"

As per the istruction it should rebbot and show the installation progress but instead I get an error: “E:can't open /sdcard/gapps-mdpi-20110613-signed.zip (bad) Installation aborted.”

I reflashed cm-7.0.3 and tried installing google apps again but I get the same error. I even tried the latest version of google apps “gapps-gb-20110828-signed”. But nothing works.

Now I am stuck without android market on phone. Could you please help and suggest how to fix this issue or any laternative way of installing Google Market on my phone?

BTW I am new to rooting and flashing process.
Thanks in advance…

Hitorijanae
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Try going into recovery from hboot and install the gapps.

Starting as a dev is hard, :P.
Always remember: Do what you love, continue to do it, and it will take you where you need to go.

Device: HTC Sensation 4G
Rom: ViperS 1.2.1
Kernel: Bricked 3.0 1.4
S-OFF:Revolutionary
SD Card: 32 GB Class 10

Backup Device 1(If it gets fixed): T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide
Rom: Constantly changing.
Root Method: Unlocked Bootloader
Recovery: ClockworkMod 5
Kernel: DrowningChild Kernel With XTra OC

a103
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Smile Thanks but it does not work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitorijanae View Post
Try going into recovery from hboot and install the gapps.
Thanks for your reply...

I tried installing from clockwork recovery however when I select install zip from SD card option I get a blank screen and it stays there, nothing happens...Now I have updated CM 7.03 to CM 7.1 but it issue still exists...

If I go into android recovery do I need to rename the "gapps-gb-20110613-signed" to "update.zip" so that system recognizes it and it can be installed.

Appreciate your help.

a103
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 140
Default It's working now

I used a brand new Micro SD card it worked , I was able to install the Google Apps from the new Micro SD card. Not sure what the problem was with the old card though

Thanks...