[Official] SG Note in the Philippines

Search This thread

scarlet_sg

Apr 18, 2012
the procedure given is for partitioning external sd...11gb is enough for games at the least and the 2gb is for the rom/ram cacheable memory...repartitioning your internal entails the danger of bricking your phone mate

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

yes i agree and im not brave enough yet on repartitioning internal but from what i understand from the link it partitions the external sd (say a 64gb into 2 x 32gb) then link2sd will then mount the 2nd partition on boot and it will appear as though the 2nd partition on the sd card will be an extension of your internal memory...

i have not tried it yet as that link was for the SII-T989 and i'm scared ****less to try it and brick my note... :)

see the image post below.

Attachments

• link2sd.JPG
    link2sd.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 80

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
expect it 2nd quarter of the year from april to june but most probably in the last days of june...

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

jtribaco

Jan 10, 2012
~MNL~
Guys just little bit noob here :) Having high percentage of deep sleep, gives good battery savings? I got 98% in 3 hours of idle... using batterystats. Hope Samsung PH will held another event here in Manila.

matangpusa

Apr 10, 2009
Waiting for ICS

Waiting time pa pala....ugggggh! Hehe...well, Gingerbread is as solid as it can be so far...ty guys. :p

iampoch

Apr 28, 2011
Has anyone found a way to disable the incredibly annoying Fully Charged notification? The brilliant person who thought this was a great idea should be kicked to the balls.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

iampoch

Apr 28, 2011
LOL. btw isn't a good thing to be notified when the battery is actually fully charged?

Not if it goes off every minute until you take the cable off the phone. Now I know what it feels like to have someone say "Are we there yet?" constantly during long trips, because it's the exact same thing with this notification.

jermitano

Oct 8, 2011
Manila
Not if it goes off every minute until you take the cable off the phone. Now I know what it feels like to have someone say "Are we there yet?" constantly during long trips, because it's the exact same thing with this notification.

try installing a custom rom or if your phone is rooted, use root explorer and remove the alarm notification on the /etc or /system /etc folder (have no idea where it is placed on stock roms)...

access.denied

Dec 12, 2010

Mine goes off only once but then agian I'm on a custom rom.

access.denied

Dec 12, 2010
What ROM are you using right now? When you installed it, did the flash counter change?

rocket rom v22 using Abyssnote kernel v4.2. I flash roms using the recovery method which does not change the counter. I think that only happens when using the odin method. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

poging22

Oct 8, 2011
Yo Kabayans

Any idea how to unlock GNote? (Smart Locked) so that I can use my Globe sim?

links? Thank you!

joey.t

Apr 16, 2012
Quezon City
Any idea how to unlock GNote? (Smart Locked) so that I can use my Globe sim?

links? Thank you!

I suggest you try GMate. :) Try looking it up, it's a bluetooth device wherein you put your SIM Card and connect it to your phone so you can text using that SIM. It's gonna come in handy in the long run since you can turn your phone into a dual sim phone.

JoshuaTumanda

Apr 2, 2012
Cebu City
joshuatumanda.com
I think got my device sift brick, after all the experiments. I cannot root/flash CF ICS-repack now nor flash custom ROMS. Here's a thing, have you guys tried this situation? In anyway, my binary count is 0.

I tried using PC Odin but its not working, cannot patch and load.

iampoch

Apr 28, 2011
Canada getting their ICS on their Notes today. Any idea when we'll get ours? Also do we rooted owners need to update via PC Odin?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    i would like to start the ball rolling on this thread that may somewhat cater to the filipino owners, users and lovers of the galaxy note...

being a new owner, i would like to find resources and share knowledge base for the galaxy note from our fellow pinoys...

i hope this thread blossoms as it does with our own galaxy s2 thread in the sgs2 string...

mabuhay and thanks!
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

you can buy them in the mall, it's about P1,000 - P1,500. About those prices for I bought mine for 1,200.
    Anyone here with a note from smart and had a battery replaced? I noticed my battery has a small bulge so I want to replace it. I dont know whether the battery is covered by the warranty since its not part of the phone. If ever I wouldnt get a replacement battery from smart, can anyone give me battery suggestions, how much and where to buy them? Im looking for not so expensive batteries, 2500mA or more original as long as its size is the same as the original samsung battery.

Mine came from smart. 8 months old and my battery's bulging as well. Iirc, batteries of any kind are not covered by warranty. Just get the oem bateries from samsung. They don't cost much anyway.

Sent from my Asylumized shopping cart.
    Yes I'm rooted and running midnote 2.0 ICS rom. It comes packaged with LP1 kernel and CWM

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201

thanks...any tutorials on how to start?any how does the usb jig method work on the note btw

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Wipe data factory reset.
    Wipe cache.
    Wipe dalvik cache.
    Format system.
    Format preload.

Or click the "clean install" option on Philz recovery. Its below wipe data factory reset.

Edit: this will remove all user apps installed. Better make a titanium backup or whatever.