Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[ROM][RC4b][10.09.2011] Gingerbread 2.3.3 with HTC Sense 2.1+

OP ogo2

26th April 2012, 09:13 PM   |  #2541  
Asovse1's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Edmonton
Thanks Meter: 107
 
639 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
http://twitter.com/20benjamin10/stat...99017479933953

His tweet said Legend and Hero was supported and considered prior to ROM's release. Guess he changed his mind. Thanks for digging.

Considering the date of the conversation and all other factors (a universal ROM, how unforgiving), I guess I assumed wrongly and hoped too much.
27th April 2012, 08:33 AM   |  #2542  
BAWS's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 31
 
289 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2010
will there ever be a fix for the WIFI random reboot?
29th April 2012, 04:19 PM   |  #2543  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2009
Same question here! Will the random reboot be fixed? Is there anyone in development of this rom? I am now using CM9 with ICS, but its too laggy for me, and i want to go back to this beautiful rom here!
I am interested in helping the development of this rom, just tell me what to do and i'll try to help!
29th April 2012, 05:22 PM   |  #2544  
ogo2's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Sofia
Thanks Meter: 476
 
544 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xperiencelus

Same question here! Will the random reboot be fixed? Is there anyone in development of this rom? I am now using CM9 with ICS, but its too laggy for me, and i want to go back to this beautiful rom here!
I am interested in helping the development of this rom, just tell me what to do and i'll try to help!

You can try to rewrite the code of the wifi driver.
The Following User Says Thank You to ogo2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th April 2012, 05:52 PM   |  #2545  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 28
 
139 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
Can someone post a CatLog after the reboot due to the wifi problem?
20th May 2012, 03:59 PM   |  #2546  
Senior Member
Flag Sicily
Thanks Meter: 151
 
540 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Hello, I just tried this ROM on my Legend. Its very nice and allow me to install "font size" app on a sense environment ( I need because typically fonts are too small) which require minimum android 2.3
But reboots occurs too frequently due to wifi bug and of not rare. I use fixed ip and encrypted connection. Do you know any method to reduce the frequency of this annoying bug? Thanks

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2
27th May 2012, 03:41 PM   |  #2547  
Junior Member
Flag Batam
Thanks Meter: 2
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Messatsu

Can someone post a CatLog after the reboot due to the wifi problem?

Catlog attached, hope it can help. I got reboot every time after I switched on WiFi.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 2012-05-27-20-35-35.txt - [Click for QR Code] (149.6 KB, 47 views)
1st June 2012, 10:02 AM   |  #2548  
Member
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
90 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2009
More
A2SD issue
SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HELP ME OUT HERE.

Ive been trying to enable A2SD for the past 28 hours straight now. havenent been able to make much progress because apparently this ROM isnt compatible or something.

Ive use Titanium, given my ROM 11mb free space, gotten into recovery, made a 512mb partition.
but Terminal Emulator doesnt do **** when i type in 'Mount | grep sd-ext' [came across that in some guide]

then i go into recovery and try installing Darktremor. half the files dont work. then i go to ftp://ftp.darktremor.info/../ , pick a file and install. it works. but when i go to Terminal and type 'A2SD check' i get all sorts of stuff indicating errors.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT STEP BY STEP HERE?
5th June 2012, 10:57 PM   |  #2549  
Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 447
 
1,458 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shash747

SOMEONE HAS GOT TO HELP ME OUT HERE.

Ive been trying to enable A2SD for the past 28 hours straight now. havenent been able to make much progress because apparently this ROM isnt compatible or something.

Ive use Titanium, given my ROM 11mb free space, gotten into recovery, made a 512mb partition.
but Terminal Emulator doesnt do **** when i type in 'Mount | grep sd-ext' [came across that in some guide]

then i go into recovery and try installing Darktremor. half the files dont work. then i go to ftp://ftp.darktremor.info/../ , pick a file and install. it works. but when i go to Terminal and type 'A2SD check' i get all sorts of stuff indicating errors.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT STEP BY STEP HERE?

Why are you using "Mount | grep sd-ext"?
Any way, I have already gone into a lot of detail some were in this thread to get darktremor's a2sd scripts going, its been a long time since I freshly flashed ogo's gingerbread so can't remember 100% how, but the basics are,
make at least 15mbs of free "rom space" use titanium backup it shows how much space is used and free, delete the bloat that's not needed In rom space like Facebook & its Widgets, twitter, maps, stocks and what ever.
Flash darktremors zip file.
After you boot run android terminal do a su command
Next I think its a2sd --enable
Then reboot.

You need to do your own research to find out what you need to do, find the darktremor thread on xda and read how to set it up.. also look back through this thread, its all been covered before, the information is there I know, cause I put it in there!
Thank you and good reading.

sent from my legend using zeubeas cm9 beta2
The Following User Says Thank You to ranger4740 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th June 2012, 02:46 PM   |  #2550  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
13 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2012
trackball wakeup?
I'm interested in this rom,and i have tried it. I like it very much,it's a real upgrade for legend. Gps works unlike other roms i have tried... But i need trackbal wake,because my power button is in bad condition. Does somebody have solution?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes