Post Reply

Save WhatsApp Conversation

OP Crash1k

26th April 2012, 07:35 PM   |  #11  
Crash1k's Avatar
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
30 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
Yeah, I used the WiFi address which is listed on the WebServer App, and I typed that IP Address just like you said into my browser, with "http://" etc., but it still didn't work. It doesn't even ask me for any password or username.

I don't think they are compressed, because I already tried to open/extract them with 7zip, all I got was an error because of the incompatibility. The other thing is, that when I open the files with the "Editor", I can see my messages there, but there are many many other symbols there, which makes it impossible to read the messages. They are too wide spread and you can't tell which messages belong together etc.

Even though I have no idea how to "decompile" WhatsApp, I won't ask you to tell me, since it sounds pretty complicated. I hope there is another way to solve this problem.

Yes, I simply saved the file on my Desktop, didn't use the BackUp function.

That's right, they're "just" for backup, and I didn't grab just the IsolatedStorage folder, I took the whole "Data" folder, just like aramadsanar told me to.


Thanks again for your fast and detailed answer.
26th April 2012, 08:56 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 2,710
 
5,739 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
If the wifi address didn't work, either your phone was not on WiFi (did the address start with 169.254.?) or your PC was not on WiFi or even connected to the same WiFi network. You can (in theory; I've never tried) also connect to the phone over wired Ethernet by plugging in the phone to the PC with its USB cable, and running Zune on the PC. That will add an ethernet entry to the phone IP list, but I don't know if it can be used for server ports from the PC.

There are a number of free apps for decompiling managed (.NET) code. The latest version of .NET RAIN, distributed right here on XDA-Devs, can do it, for example. Decompiling turns the intermediate-language binary code in a managed DLL or EXE file into C# or VB.NET or whatever. It's not a perfect reversal; the decompiler has to guess what the original source code looked like, and of course comments are missing. It's good enough to read pretty easily, though.

It sounds like what you have is probably a database file of some kind. There are only a few database formats available for WP7 apps (a few more can be accessed using native code).
The Following User Says Thank You to GoodDayToDie For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes