Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,443 Members 38,874 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[KERNEL] Basic with a Twist SGS4G KJ6 1.1.3

Tip us?

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonX View Post
I kinda tried that, didn't work. Commands like 'git branch -d gingerbread' return 'error: branch 'gingerbread' not found.' I must be missing something. It's not that important though, I can live with that.

EDIT: OK, figured it out, needed to use command 'git push origin :gingerbread'. Linux is weird.
This is how I got what was different in your code:
I downloaded the tarball of your source
I did a git checkout on the gingerbread-bml branch of Bryan's kernel and reverted to the 0.0.2 commit
I copied your code over that checkout
Just did a git diff and saw what was different and did a git add, then commit of what was similar

You might want to consider adding more tags as finding the 0.0.2 was WAY easier to do once I went through the tags in the repo
http://learn.github.com/p/tagging.html

Specifically the section called "Tagging later" since you can add tags to specific commits. I think you won't have the history for b1 or b2, but that's fine for now as long as you tag from b3 on.

Zombie138
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Can I flash this thru SGS Kernel Flasher?

Sorry if it's already been asked

Sent from my SGH-T959V using XDA
Umbrella Corporation Headquarters

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie138 View Post
Can I flash this thru SGS Kernel Flasher?

Sorry if it's already been asked

Yup, you can
The Following User Says Thank You to FBis251 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zombie138
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBis251 View Post
Yup, you can
Sweet, thank you very much

Umbrella Corporation Headquarters

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1021

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
This is how I got what was different in your code:
You might want to consider adding more tags as finding the 0.0.2 was WAY easier to do once I went through the tags in the repo
I see, but Bryan released several 0.0.2 versions, like b, c, d (don't remember), and these are not tagged separately. So you or me could have downloaded slightly different 0.0.2. I actually went by the zImage date that matched the commit date. I think you downloaded earlier branch. But there were no important differences in the code, he probably just modified the config and I have a different one now, so it doesn't matter.

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I see, but Bryan released several 0.0.2 versions, like b, c, d (don't remember), and these are not tagged separately. So you or me could have downloaded slightly different 0.0.2. I actually went by the zImage date that matched the commit date. I think you downloaded earlier branch. But there were no important differences in the code, he probably just modified the config and I have a different one now, so it doesn't matter.
Yeah. In another post he said that b, c, d, etc. were all just initramfs changes, so that works out fine.

AntonX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1021

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yeah. In another post he said that b, c, d, etc. were all just initramfs changes, so that works out fine.
Speaking of initramfs, can you tell me what you do to update busybox? There seems to be a bunch of files in /bin all linked to busybox itself. Do you need to updated the links manually (wonder what's a good way not to miss any) or is there an easier way?

FBis251
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3606

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Speaking of initramfs, can you tell me what you do to update busybox? There seems to be a bunch of files in /bin all linked to busybox itself. Do you need to updated the links manually (wonder what's a good way not to miss any) or is there an easier way?
It's kind of though. I think so far I've just left all the symlinks in there since they're relative symlinks they'll work both on your computer and on the phone afterward.

As far as busybox itself, I've been trying out different binaries. I think the best I've seen so far is from the cm7 build since it's got a working wget implementation and color support too.

itzik2sh
Old
Thanks Meter 736
Quote:
Originally Posted by itzik2sh View Post
Hi AntonX

Nothing but great work so far.
Can you consider adding direct call recording capabilities to the kernel?
I think we had it on Froyo but Sammy disabled it on GB kernel due to a federal regulation.
It was re-enabled on some SGS2 ROMs and I tried to port it, but too many lib dependencies caused bootloops.

Thanks.

FB, Do you know the how's?

SGS4G ROMs:
HebMIUI | HebSlim | HebBareBone | HebValhalla | CM10 NLS |
SGS4G Guides:
Battery life 4 ICS | Create localized ROM | GB RTL Support | Hebrew Voice Recognition

If I helped, press this button.

lainvalenajr
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Wow my battery lasted for a long time. Went to class at 7 listening to music till 4pm and i still have 60%.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium