XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOWTO] Enable the car dock external audio without Samsung's Home apps

Tip us?

elhennig
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by greasyguy View Post
But when I try to connect to AUX in of my car radio the sound still comes out of the internal phone speaker. What am I doing wrong?
Did you install the app from this thread? What does it show when you start it?
Using Samsung Galaxy SIII (Slimkat 4.4.2 Build 4.4, Yank kernel 1.7a-beta1) and Acer Iconiatab A700 (CM 11 Nightly)
2nd device: Samsung Galaxy S (Slimbean 4.4.2 Build 4, Semaphore Kernel 3.4.3s)

Mobile Zoo:
Retired Devices: Sharp Netwalker, Sharp Zaurus C1000, Openmoko Freerunner, Motorola A780

marek.cichecki
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhennig View Post
Now I am back to Semaphore. In 0.9.0 the car dock works well. The sound quality is still not too good, but hopefully this can be fixed, too.
Hi,

How did you actually manage to get this working on ICSSGS 4.2?

I've tried Glitch, Semaphore and Devil (which are all supposed to support dock audio since latest releases) in every possible combination with either TheBeano's DockSpeaker_1.1 and XCaliburinhand's Dock Sound Redirector (from the Market).

XCaliburinhand's app displays a warning that no supported ROM or kernel was found. It works for CM9 and AFAIR it used to work for Onecosmic's before the ROM got odexed (that was RC3, right?).

The dock sound support is the only thing that pulled me away from ICSSGS and keeps me with CM9.

What am I missing that makes it work for you? Please help...

elhennig
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek.cichecki View Post
How did you actually manage to get this working on ICSSGS 4.2?
[...]
XCaliburinhand's Dock Sound Redirector (from the Market).

XCaliburinhand's app displays a warning that no supported ROM or kernel was found. It works for CM9 and AFAIR it used to work for Onecosmic's before the ROM got odexed (that was RC3, right?).
It worked out of the box with Icy Glitch Beta5 and Semaphore 0.9.x with XCaliburinhand's app, version 1.8
Using Samsung Galaxy SIII (Slimkat 4.4.2 Build 4.4, Yank kernel 1.7a-beta1) and Acer Iconiatab A700 (CM 11 Nightly)

Mobile Zoo:
Retired Devices: Sharp Netwalker, Sharp Zaurus C1000, Openmoko Freerunner, Motorola A780
The Following User Says Thank You to elhennig For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TaC
Old
Thanks Meter 1
ICSSGS4.2 or CM9?

greasyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
I now tried it with teamics 4.2 and devil's 1.1.5. When snapping the phone into the dock I can hear a crack out off my speakers. When I open sound redirect app from this thread I tick "car dock" but nothing happens. Can't get it working. Maybe I try with semaphore again. Could it be a wrong cable as well?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk

marek.cichecki
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhennig View Post
It worked out of the box with Icy Glitch Beta5 and Semaphore 0.9.x with XCaliburinhand's app, version 1.8
Thanks a lot for such a quick response. I tried redownloading, wiping, flashing, reflashing etc. a few times but to no avail.

I'm wondering if this could be a matter of you flashing 4.2 over some previous ROM with dock sound capability (or rather Xcaliburinhand-friendly vs. me coming from stock Samsung ROM via CM7, doing all the recommended wipes.

Anyway, I decided not to investigate that matter any further and just stick to CM9. Still, thank you very much for sharing your experience.

elhennig
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I came from XXJVU with car dock not working. It only works since I use Icy Glitch and later Semaphore 0.9.x

Sent from another galaxy

Mobile Zoo:

PerpetuumNobile
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by marek.cichecki View Post
The dock sound support is the only thing that pulled me away from ICSSGS and keeps me with CM9.

What am I missing that makes it work for you? Please help...
Hi,

Here is the workaround for those who are unable to redirect sound using ICSSGS RC4.2 and XCaliburinhand's Galaxy Dock Sound Redirector:

Edit your /system/build.prop file and replace the following line
ro.product.manufacturer=unknown
with
ro.product.manufacturer=Samsung

Reboot, finished.

Confirmed working on Icy Glitch V14b5 kernel, should also work on other (redirection capable) kernels (e.g. Semaphore 0.9.x). Latest Icy Glitch kernel has now full voice call redirection also working!

Be extra careful when editing build.prop (create a backup of file etc.)!

Details: I checked the source code of Dock Sound Redirector on github and found that it checks if: 1. the manufacturer string is 'samsung' 2. /sys/devices/virtual/misc/dockredir/dockredir_support file exists and contains '1' in the first line. If any of these fails, will throw the error message.

In this thread, you'll find a CWM-flashable (latest) version of Google Car Home -- could be also interesting.

Have a nice day,

pn
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PerpetuumNobile For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TaC
Old
Thanks Meter 1
It works perfect with ICSSGS and Semaphore 1.0.0.

Thanks PerpetuumNobile.

greasyguy
Old
Thanks Meter 37
@Tac: how did you get it running?

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9000 mit Tapatalk 2